idsweetie72
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Sandra
New Meadows idaho
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  8:03:52 PM  Show Profile
Once upon a time there were 2 ducks who absolutley adored each other- Daisy and May. Daisy and May would lounge on their favorite deck, take dips in their little pool, and eat all the yummy bugs from Mom's garden. Then winter hit- and soon Daisy and May were trudging through snow to get to their favorite part of the deck, and Mom would open the door and feed them little tid bits of salad, and if they were really good- a few crickets.
Life was good for the two ducks. They enjoyed every minute of every day. Then one day that all changed. Daisy and May were waddling up to their deck when a dark shadow darted down from the sky and started chasing May and Daisy-, "WHACKKKK, WHACKKKK,", they cried, and Mom came dashing out of the house- only to see her beloved Daisy being grabbed by a Huge big bad hawk-
Mom cried as she ran and grabbed May, and May cried too as they both heard Daisy's pitifull screams fly away.
So now there is one. May. Every day she faithfully waddles to the deck, with Mom close behind. Everyday she swims in the little heated pool Mom has for her on the deck, she eats the crickets and greens, and she lays her eggs. She hops into mom's lap when Mom rests on the deck, sliding her little grey head under Mom's arm and cooing until she falls asleep.
But they both miss Daisy- and so in honor of Daisy, and May, and their friendship Mom named her little 6 acre farm the Mazy Day Farm.
(But in a month May will be joined by 14 ducklings, so hopefully that will keep her busy!)

lol- if you go to Flickr and search for sandradavis26 you will see pictures of our farm, as well as pictures of my sculptures, and just other things I found interesting from behind my lense!

Mazy Day Farm

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3322 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3322 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  8:09:35 PM  Show Profile
OHHHHH

What a great story-teller you are....I could just picture Daisy being swept away by the big bad hawk!

Thanks for sharing!

Melody
http://melodynotes-melodynotes.blogspot.com
www.bythebayhandcraftedsoap.com
www.lemonverbenasoap.etsy.com
www.andsewitgoes.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sjs
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Stephanie
Oakland CA
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2009 :  9:56:52 PM  Show Profile  Send sjs an AOL message  Send sjs a Yahoo! Message
Oh, my.......

--------------------
Learning to live is learning to let go.

Visit my food blog! http://www.wasabimon.com - natural cooking to live for.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
How do you get to Flickr? I'd love to see your farm. The story was so sweet and sad. I'm sure she will be happy again with all those new ducks.

I had 4 ducks and while I was in Col. last Oct. something got 2 of them. I still have the other 2. They are 2 years old now. Must be boys cuz never have had any eggs. But they are the cutest things to watch.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic The Mazy Day Farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page