urban farm girl
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Melissa
Posen IL
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  2:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi fellow farmgirls, I'm new as of yesterday and just wondering has anybody done terrariums. I did about 30 something yrs ago. Well I saw some nice glass container and did a little reading and made a few. They sure look pretty, especially in some old fashion looking containers. I did have a minature african violet but I ended up taking it out it didn't seem to do well. Just wondering if anybody has done this. I love plants and don't have a lot of room and this works, well so far.

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:32:25 PM  Show Profile
I did terrariums when I was a teenager. I loved the look of them, but mine always had too much moisture and the condensation made it hard to see the plants through the glass. I noticed they are making a come back too in magazines. Makes me want to try it again!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

urban farm girl
True Blue Farmgirl

80 Posts

Melissa
Posen IL
USA
80 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:54:34 PM  Show Profile
Dawn thats where I got the idea from Country Home and then got going. I planted one of them in a big mason jar and put it in the kitchen and it does look cute. One of mine did have to much moisture so I leave the top off for a while. I gave my mom who 86 one and she loves it especially in the middle of this cold winter. Pretty nice out today, huh!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic terrariums Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page