nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  07:24:04 AM  Show Profile
I have two kittys. Mind you I am really allergic to them so they are outside only cats. Well the boy Lynx, likes to sneak in while I am not paying attn. He is so cute, I cant get mad at him. Neither can HB who didnt want them to begin with but knows that with me, comes critters. Anyway, he is the good cat. Comes when called. Goes to bed in his heated cat house when he is supposed to, etc... Its Oscar. She is a girl and is a mouser. I wanst expecting dead mice at my back door step w/o their necks or heads but she is doing her job. The problem I am currently having with her is she is getting on my pation cover. Its made of wood inclding the poles. She climbs up the poles. She cant get down. Guess who gets up to rescue her, even though, ladders do absoulty nothing for me. She is doing this daily. If it wasnt so cold, I'd leave her up there. But we are in Idaho and are still in freezing weather,so up I go nightly to get her. Mind you she waits until after I get home to go up. I even sprayed the pole with onion/garlic toe water. I think its a game with her. Last night I decided she was going to stay up there for some time as we were expecting rain, which I was sure wouldnt go over well with her so she would really want to come down. I tempted her with her food to rub her nose in it that Lynx was able to eat but she couldnt because she was on the roof. Well it got colder and she got hungrier and came donw by herself. it was pretty funny to watch her at first head first, then a flip around to make it butt first and she headed down backwards. I am hoping that wasnt fun so maybe she wont do it again. Kitty Tough Love.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  08:28:55 AM  Show Profile
I have 11 cats -- mostly outside except my 14yr old, my crippled kitty and my "replacement mouser." We live in the country and trust me when I say, you can NEVER have too many cats on the farm! Besides, my OLD cat has become QUITE laaaazy in her "Golden years." But, then, I guess she deserves it. She's been a GREAT mouser, but a tad on the CRABBY SIDE since she was a KITTEN!!!! THAT'S why I named her "Scarlett O'Hairball!"

My cats are ALWAYS into some kind of mischief too. Rarely though do I think they are in REAL trouble. I figure-- if they can climb UP somewhere, they can certainly climb back DOWN! You've got a lot more patience than I have. After the first or second time of "rescuing" her, I would have left her up there rain, hail, snow or BLIZZARD!!! Glad to hear all is well ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  5:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Kim, my first thought was that squirrel baffles would probably work. But it appears you have it hand with your Kitty Tough Love. LOL

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Grandma Mar
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Marlene
Bolingbrook IL
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile
Tracy, I love that name, Scarlett O'Hairball! Clever & cute!!! <smile!> I have a crabby cat, too, who's named Andie (but started out as Annie; after several months, we found out she was a "he" so we changed Annie to Andie.

Mend and make do. - Old English Proverb
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic I have a very bad kitty Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page