Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 This week has been so sad...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic This week has been so sad... Next Topic
Page: of 2

barnagainkristin
True Blue Farmgirl

465 Posts

Kristin
Utah
USA
465 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2009 :  10:12:38 PM  Show Profile
Lisa Marie,
I am so sorry to hear about this. We have lost a few wonderful teens from our area over the past few years to different circumstances and it is so difficult. It's hard to know what to do but I think it helps the family if you keep in touch with them even when things settle down and time passes. Don't be afraid to talk about their son. I have heard that many people don't know what to say so they avoid talking about their child which makes them feel like people have forgotten them. It's nice to send cards to parents who have lost children on their childs birthday just to let them know that someone else misses their child and that they aren't forgotten. Hope all the teens in your town will bond together and get through this. Again I am so sorry for such a sad thing to happen in your town.

barnagainkristin
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2009 :  12:54:26 AM  Show Profile
Lisa Marie, I've heard people say they will take you up on an offer to help them at times like these, but I've found they usually don't. Maybe you should just go to her home and ask "what are you doing today" then just pitch in and help. Another thought is in a couple weeks when things have calmed down, go and take her out for the afternoon, lunch and thrifting, or whatever else she likes to do.
I will email you for the address, and I will pray for the family and friends to find comfort.

God Bless them all!
Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic This week has been so sad... Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page