Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 what is your simple joy today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic what is your simple joy today? Next Topic
Page: of 15

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  2:01:31 PM  Show Profile
just got back from going for a walk with my 2 yr. old daughter down our dusty dirt road; i came across these rose hips. they have been there all winter, but today they really brought joy to my heart. it has been a long cold winter and we probably won't see spring until the first of may, i kid you not, it seems we go from winter straight into summer!! maybe the reason they seemed so different to me today, was that i took the time to look, maybe because my daughter and i were together, just the two of us; maybe the sun hit them just right. whatever the reason i enjoyed them and wanted to share. i know it's been a hard year for a lot of people; and it is so easy to get down and in a frump, so i just wanted to know what simple joy you've experienced today?

new blog!! www.prairiewhispers1892.blogspot.com
www.prairiewhispers.etsy.com

"There ain't no time for looking pretty when you've gotta slop the pigs."--Haddy Rennet

Edited by - poverty girl on Jan 31 2009 3:21:49 PM

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  2:08:09 PM  Show Profile
my simple joy was making lunch for my family, and seeing my little new grand Joisah sleep in his carrier while we ate. They came for the morning, and the house was a wreck when they left, but we had so much fun! They dressed up like Indians, and went with their granddad for a walk in the woods. Life is so full of simple joys, why look for fancy ones? Right?

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  3:02:27 PM  Show Profile
Talking to my daughter and grand daughter. They have been away and we havn't been able to talk for a while so it was a good day.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  3:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
my simple joy has been spending an afternoon with extended family. Doug's grandmother, his aunt, and his cousin came up today and we had a lovely lunch and spent some time at a book store. A very short visit altogether, but it was so much fun! We laughed and everyone really enjoyed themselves.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

rhondacate
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Rhonda
Janesville CA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  4:01:00 PM  Show Profile
Going for a walk in the woods with my husband.

~Rhonda

http://rmfo-blogs.com/rhonda
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  4:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Believe it or not, a brand new stainless steel kitchen sink--it's been in our basement for 3 years, and my fil put it in for us (and replaced the shallow, avocado green one!!!!). I feel absolutely grand--and, we also got cable today, which we've never had, so that when they government switches over the tv thingee, we can watch tv!

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  4:37:58 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy is when I have cooked a good meal and my hubby tell me it was good and gives me a kiss. And we've had our 5 year old GD Kansas today and for the night. She said "I'm glad you cook good food". And she eats it. Even collard greens!
And they both liked the sour dough bread!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  4:55:00 PM  Show Profile
Playing frisbee with the dog, getting horse kisses, watching my daughter play basketball, and telling a joke to make my husband laugh. Busy day.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  7:26:13 PM  Show Profile
Baking chocolate chip cookies while rockin' out with my mp3 player. Nothing beats kitchen dancing!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2009 :  8:11:16 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy today was getting to play with the neighbors baby puppy and kitty that she just adopted! They are so cute!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  12:01:20 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy today was enjoying a cup of chamomile tea while sitting by the fireplace reading.

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

lilliesfarm
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Lillie
Jones OK
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  06:44:46 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy is seeing a smile on my grand son's face. His smile is priceless, and more precious than all the silver and gold and jewels in the world.
That's my simple joy today.
Lillie:)

God bless
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Farm Gal
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Nancy
Oklahoma
46 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  07:11:41 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy was an evening campfire under a starry sky last night & visiting with family. The bright sunny day yesterday melted the ice and snow from earlier in the week.

The warm sunshine, starry night sky, campfire & fellowship didn't cost a dime, but were priceless.

Nancy

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  7:00:27 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy for today, was having my daughter try on her new jumper, we just finished hemming and say "Look! It's a big apron , for me!" :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stashaholics Anonymous Member since Jan. 29th, 2009 :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, cookies in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, What a Ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  11:54:48 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy was cooking in the kitchen with my DD and having DH sneak in and startle us, we all laughed for a long time and those are the times that are Wonderful to me.

Cindy

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  06:23:48 AM  Show Profile
Having a rough Monday morning but I put on my pin "The first 40 years of parenthood are always the hardest" and my "need caffeine" pin and took myself for a large coffee before work. Then, my friend gifted me with a very cute shadowbox frame with a small vacuum cleaner in it and the words, "In my original plan, I had a maid." It's nice to have a friend who thinks of you whenever!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

poverty girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Kristin
Fremont Ut
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  07:36:33 AM  Show Profile
starmeadow~~
i need your pins!!! =0) hang in there, mondays always seem alittle rough; glad you had a friend by your side!!

k

new blog!! www.prairiewhispers1892.blogspot.com
www.prairiewhispers.etsy.com

"There ain't no time for looking pretty when you've gotta slop the pigs."--Haddy Rennet
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  1:45:48 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy today was baking with my girls using their easy bake oven that FarmGirl Ronna sent Aria. Another simple joy was finishing a little stitching piece. It reads "Just to be is Holy"

Gorgeous picture by the way...just beautiful! ~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  1:51:27 PM  Show Profile
My simple joy today was go through my fabric stash and start to figure out how I'll use it to make my first quilt. I also got to see a robin out in my back yard. I'm hoping that's a sign that spring isn't too far away :)

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  04:39:55 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy this morning is to read all the simple joys again! Thanks Kristin for the pep-talk. (My Monday got worse...too busy today to hide in my office writing reports....unfortunately) BUT while I was out in the parking lot wondering if I could catch just a few minutes of solitude...I noticed that overnight the frost/fog had settled into these delicate little "ice sculpture stalagmites" on the snowbanks. It was only 1 degree here. I thought it was amazing how they looked as if they were constructed just one crystal at a time. My headlights were the perfect "spotlight" on their little piece of beauty.
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  09:00:48 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy happend last night as my daughters- Katie, Natalie and myself played Yaztee. We had a blast- normally Katie doesn't play with us- she is 17 yrs old. We had so much fun playing the game, eating popcorn and laughing until our sides hurt. It was GREAT!!
Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  10:01:53 AM  Show Profile
A good report on some medical tests. Sun peaking out of the fog. And good friends.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:31:23 PM  Show Profile
My 3 best friends came over to "play" one brought her baby goat to play with my dogs. He was a riot, jumped all over everything in the house, even played in the toilet! Went out and checked out the critters, set up sewing machines and crafty things, had a great day.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:46:12 PM  Show Profile
The smell of fresh baked bread in the house and the sound of the bells ringing at the Catholic church down the road every evening.

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2009 :  11:30:35 AM  Show Profile
I like this topic! My simple joy today was being able to sit out on my patio this morning, in the sunshine and a bit of warmth (42 degrees) with a cup of tea and listen to a dove in the tree. HEAVEN!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  09:52:15 AM  Show Profile
My simple joy was putting my geese in their coop, at 10pm without a flashlight, by the light of the
silvery moon, lighting up and giving the snow a blue glow....God has made the world so lovely....
He's thought of everything.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic what is your simple joy today? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page