Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky Next Topic
Page: of 2

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  07:11:12 AM  Show Profile
Third week in April would work for me, just as long as it's after Easter, working as a church secretary I never can get time away during Easter week.

I'm really excited about the chance to come see you and your lovely home!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  07:48:20 AM  Show Profile
I can make it the 3rd weekend; in fact I can make it any weekend except Easter, of course. Don't worry about a bed for me. I can sleep on the floor in a sleeping bag.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  12:16:54 PM  Show Profile
This all sounds like such a wonderful get-together. I can only imagine all of the fun you'll have! Enjoy!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  08:47:49 AM  Show Profile
i've decided to wait for SUMMER VACATION when my grandson's are out of school for them to meet ... sooooooo .. i've checked my April calendar .. and here are the dates i came up with for a CABIN CREEK KENTUCKY FARMGIRLS GATHERING:

FRIDAY, APRIL 21 - MONDAY, APRIL 24. (if there are some travelling dates .. and most especially if you are coming to Louisville Airport (which is a two hour round-trip from me) .. i can pick everyone up at the airport ONCE on Thursday, April 20 .. and do a ONE-TIME trip to take you all back to the airport on Tuesday, April 25 ... sooooooo .. all you 'flyers' will have to try and figure out how to get to the airport at about the same time.

When i lived in Maryland, we were only 15 minutes from the airport .. so i could do lots of back and forth trips .. in the 'country' .. more planning-ahead has to be done.

Friday morning after breakfast .. we can head for town to shoppe in our sweet Glovers' Station Antique Mall .. visit our historic Courthouse and go by city hall and 'meet the mayor'! we can have lunch at the adorable tea room in town: Lucy Tuckers!

then we can wander over to our beautiful green river lake. have a darling shoppe to take you to (Beehind Thyme) .. and there is a fabulous historic log home by the lake too! AND .. we have a 'beach' .. so you can 'dip your toes' into the freezing water!

And Friday evening ... we'll go to our fun "Jammin' on the Square" .. where we all gather at the town square to hear local musicians pickin' and grinnin'!

On Saturday ... after breakfast .. our town is having a Home and Garden Show which would be fun to attend .. and then we can visit Lincoln's birth cabin on the way to Glendale (about 25 miles away) .. cute antiquing town!! and FABULOUS QUAINT COUNTRY restaurants (2 to choose from!) .. and Saturday night .. we can all go to the Lincoln Jamboree! (our local .. 'not as grande' Grande Ole Opry .. but i swear . i've been to the big'gun in Tennessee and i like ours even better!) Abraham Lincoln's BIRTH CABIN is about half a mile from the Jamboree too! Talk about foot-stompin' music! We love the Lincoln Jamboree!!!

Sunday can be our 'day of rest' ... We can hang out at the cabins .. take walks in the woods .. lay in the hammock (if it's warm enough) .. eat, craft, talk and giggle all day and night long!

Remember .. i have only have one teeeeeensy guest room with three single beds ... (check out the pictures of the twin log beds in the "Cabin Creek Farm - Kentucky .. under A Farm of My Own") .. and a king size bed that a couple of you can snuggle into .. and i think i have a cot or two around here somewhere . that we can set up in the lower cabin (it's a very tiny room too!) or if the weather is great .. out on the porch!

sooooooo .. if you think you can join us .. let us know by posting here .. and also, please E-mail me.

cookin' .. i'm a lousy cook .. so ya'll better be good ones! it might be fun if we take turns preparing any meals we might have here ... a 'cast-iron' cookout in the firepit might be fun .. it could even be breakfast one morning!

i figure if we go to the events listed above .. the 'meals' we might be having here would be Friday breakfast .. then we'll take off for the day and probably have lunch and dinner 'out'. Saturday breakfast .. then again .. lunch and dinner out. Sunday breakfast lunch and dinner if we stay put!

I have a 'van' that seats about 8 ... snuggly! (and that includes me!)

i'll try and do this again this autumn .. so if you can't make it this time .. maybe next time. I think about SIX of us would be a 'comfy' number .. also .. this is a good number of friends to get together so we can all get to know each other better.

We do have some really cute cabins by the river in town .. they rent pretty cheap .. i think $45. to $65 dollars a night ... the $45. is for two and the $65 i think sleep four .. soooo .. if you want to come and bring a buncha' friends who could share expenses ... this would be a fun way to include more ... and we could all be together except for bedtime.

IF you think you want to come and stay at the cabins .. let me know right away .. cuz' i'll have to put a 'reservation' on them for those dates.

OH .. and we could go 'canoeing' on the Green River if it isn't too cold!! There is SOOOO much to do in this area .. you are gonna' LOVE it and want to move here!!!!

I'll conjure up fun games for our weekend too.

One thing that i would love to do is for us to plant a small FarmGirls Gathering Garden .. soooooo .. bring some flower seeds or plantlings to put in the earth for me to remember you all by! And oh yes! we will have to 'DIG' that garden too .. just a small little piece of land!

I'll conjure up a 'kit' for us all to make something .. i'm thinking of a sewing 'make-do' pincushion .. the kind that sit atop candlesticks.

We'll have a fun 'treasure hunt' on our antiquing day with games and prizes! Oh .. i am soooooooo looking forward to this time with you!!!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Once upon a Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

57 Posts

Ivy
Bartlett TN
USA
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  10:56:07 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Count me in! This will be such fun. Ivy
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  6:44:46 PM  Show Profile
I can come, Frannie (I also emailed you), if you still have room. I'm going to check mapquest again. I'll be driving, and I think it was about a 6 hr drive.

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2006 :  6:46:37 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I forgot to say that I'll be coming from Missouri. I don't know if the airport would be on my way, but if there's any way I can help with the pick-up from the airport, I'll be glad to do it. I have to leave Sunday afternoon -- school Monday.

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  10:36:14 PM  Show Profile
well chilluns .. so far we have EIGHT confirmed girls coming: Patti, Ashley, Ivy, Twigs and her mom and friend and Jeanne and a friend from Maryland. So far, the only two that i know who are FLYING in are Jeanne and friend. They will arrive at Louisville Airport mid-afternoon on Thursday, April 20th .. anyone else who will be flying in .. please try to arrive around the same time .. so no one has to sit at the airport for hours and hours.

return trip to the airport will be about noon .. cuz' of the long drive there .. soooooo .. please make your return flights for about 2 p.m. or later. xo

anyone else comin'? i think we're going to have to try and rent some of those cabins though. there is only one guest room with three beds .. jeanne and her friend will share the king bed .. and i can put up a couple cots in the lower cabin. it will be snuggly .. but fun!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  09:02:53 AM  Show Profile
well chilluns .. all the beds here ata cabin creek farm are filled for our april gathering .. there are three cabins left 'in town by the river' (just 12 miles from cabin creek farm) .. if you wanna' join us .. i can see if they are available. t'otherwise, i'm guessing its: Ivy, Ashley, Patti, Twigs and friend, Jeanne and friend and me!

Let me know soon's possible!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2006 :  09:04:37 AM  Show Profile
oh p.s. i do have a thursday RUN to Louisville Airport .. will probably return to cabin creek about 8 p.m. CENTRAL time.

If you are in kentucky and will be just coming down for the day ... either friday, saturday or sunday .. jus' let me know.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2006 :  07:26:35 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I'll be leaving Missouri around 4:30, so my arrival will be around 10:00. Will coming in that late be an inconvenience for you? Please let me know and I can see if I can get off work an hour or so early.

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2006 :  06:17:43 AM  Show Profile
we have about ten to twelve of us coming to the kentucky gathering at cabin creek farm .. only have 'floor space' left .. if anyone is close enough and can only come for the day .. hope ya'll join us too. we will be leaving CCF after breakfast each day .. so get here early!!! let me know if you can join us!

i'll e-mail my phone number to patti, ivy and ashley .. in case my computer is down and you need to call me .. just e-mail them for my phone number. xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic FarmGirls Gathering in Kentucky Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page