Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 Farmgirl Seed Sharing? First Garden
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic Farmgirl Seed Sharing? First Garden Next Topic
Page: of 4

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2006 :  12:16:52 PM  Show Profile
Patti, I'd be glad to send you some seeds too to get you started? Got keep Missouri beautiful right!!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2006 :  8:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Diane, got the Coreopsis seed and the post cards.Thanks! I love Victoria! It is one of my favorite places. I look forward to the Coreopsis smiling at me reminding me of your kindness and Victoria! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  12:10:05 PM  Show Profile
Anne, got the seeds today, thank you so much, now if I could only plant them!!

Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  12:13:26 PM  Show Profile
Your very welcome Julia, I hope they grow well for you.
My bedding plant room has been cleaned, my first seed order has arrived and I am sooo ready for it to be spring!!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  2:03:37 PM  Show Profile
Sue -

Wow that was fast, I just mailed them Saturday. Glad you got them.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  4:36:35 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny -

Thanks for the Holly Hock seeds, got them today when I got home from work. You should see the seeds I sent either today or tomorrow. I mailed them all at the same time and Junebug got her's today. Now hopefully I can get them to grow. Once I get them to take off then I can get them to reseed from year to year, it took two trys with Foxglove, but now every year I have plants. Thanks again.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  4:56:53 PM  Show Profile
If you don't have luck I have lots of hollyhocks here..they reseed like crazy and do well here..which is fun..they are one of my favorites. Thanks!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2006 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Anne, Your seeds came today. Thanks so much. I love the Painted Daisies. I look forward to seeing them bloom. Right now my flower bed is under water. Oh, Spring! Preferably dry!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2006 :  08:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
Julia, got the seeds yesterday. Again thank you very much, I cant wait until I get to get them planted and watch them grow.
Chasity
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  11:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Your welcome Chasity!
Patti, your seeds are on the way!

Go to Top of Page

whispering pines
True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  2:07:38 PM  Show Profile
Anne, your seeds game today, well yesterday. Thank you so much I am planting the pumpkin seed at the day care where I work. My pre-schoolers will love them. Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2006 :  2:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Patricia -

Great to hear you got the seeds. I am just glad there are people who could use them. I didn't want them to go to waste.

To All The Farmgirls -

As the season progresses, Mr Ed Hume will be sending more seeds, so stay tuned for more postings. Don't worry about how many I am giving away - for every packet I post I am probably using the same here, so I have plenty. So don't be shy, step right up and ask as I post.

Hope all the girls I sent seeds to reap good crops and pretty flowers.

Anne

Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  1:09:33 PM  Show Profile
thank yo Anne, it's very generous of you.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  4:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls, still have seeds left and at the bottom of this list Mr. Ed Hume has been so generous to supply a few more.

1 packet - Swiss Chard "bright lights"
1 packet - Flowering Cabbage & Flowering Kale mix
1 packet - Artichoke "green globe improved"
1 packet still available - Parsley "forest green" - owwlady1 packet - Florence Fennel "finocchio"
1 packet - Ground Cherry "husk tomato"
1 packet - Rock Garden "low growing flower mixture"
1 packet - Godetia "double azalea mix"
1 packet - Livingston Daisy "mixed colors" - Julia
1 packet - Strawflowers "mixed colors" -owwlady
1 packet - Statice "mixed colors" - owwlady
2 packets - winter squash "delicata" -
1 packet owwlady

NEW FROM ED

All Certified Organic Seeds -

1 packet of Garden Beans - Blue Lake Bush. According to Ed this is one of the most popular varieties of home garden beans. Dependable, delicious, has excellent quality and produces a heavy crop of tender, tasty beans - Rebekka Mae

1 packet of Beets - Cylindrical. This is one of Ed's favorites because it has excellent flavor and the eight inch long cylindrical beet are ideal for canning, freezing, pickling and eating fresh. - Julia

1 packet Broccoli - Green Sprouting Calabrese. Ed doesn't know too much about this one, but his general manager (Joe) says it's a good one! - Rebekka Mae
1 packet Pak Choi - Bok Choy/Chinese Mustard. This is a top quality Chinese mustard that is slower to bolt than standard varieties. It's delicious and easy to grow.

Thought I would add some of Ed's comments that he sends us with the seeds.

Okay, girls step up and get on the list for some seeds

Anne in Portland

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 27 2006 11:25:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  6:22:46 PM  Show Profile
Anne..the beet seeds got here today! My kids can't wait to plant the "fancy beets". We all love beets here..even the kids so it will be fun..we havn't grown the chiogga ones before.
Thanks so much!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Jenny -

Wow, that took a while. I mailed those over a week ago. Well I am glad they got there and I am glad someone likes beets. I have to say I can't stand them, ugh. I am more of a bean and carrot person.

Enjoy

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2006 :  10:01:36 PM  Show Profile
I love carrots too...but can live without green beans...however they are my husband's favorite and I promised him I would plant enough to can some this year..I ran out of space last year..got carried away and planted 48 tomato plants and at least that many pepper plants. You can't have too many of those!!
How funny that it took so long for those seeds to get from Oregon to Utah, huh????

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  06:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Jenny -

You should do what I do and plant pole beans. I have a teepee that I plant beans on, sometimes I train the squash up one or do peas. I get a lot of veggies without taking up a ton of space. I am all for vertical garden .

Anne

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  5:07:02 PM  Show Profile
I will do that for sure this year. My cow Mona is taking up most all of the old garden space..it was all fenced in and easy to make into a big old pen for her, but now my garden will be different. I am thinking raised beds and lots of vertical stuff. Maybe even a sunflower house!! the kids will love that!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Lauram
True Blue Farmgirl

74 Posts

Laura
Moneta VA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  03:56:42 AM  Show Profile

In a gardening book it showed growing two sugar baby watermelons in half a wiskey barrel. You set it on top of another half of a wiskey barrel set upside down. I'm going to try that this year since I won't have time to amend the soil and plow, as we will be just moving in our new house.
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  06:39:09 AM  Show Profile
On the same idea as the wiskey barrel, I saw in the Garderner's Supply catalog a type of recycled rubber container, kinda like a barrel, but with no top or bottom. It had holes punched through out it and you filled it with dirt and while you filled you planted potatoes. The potato tops grew through the holes and when it was time to harvest, you collasped the barrel so all the dirt fell out and you could pick up the spuds. I thought that was a great idea. Didn't take up much room, but you could get alot of pototoes in a small area. I have been thinking hard about that one, because when I do potatos, it really does take some room up from my small garden. Just another thought.

Anne

Edited by - asnedecor on Jan 25 2006 06:40:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Lacy
True Blue Farmgirl

114 Posts

Lacy
Dallas Texas
114 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  07:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Lacy an AOL message
I live in the city, and will be soon moving to a 1915 house (still in the city, but with a BIG farmgirl front porch!) Does anyone have any seeds that will work in containers? I'd like to start some gardening, but since I'm sans land, would like to try on my front porch...

http://farmaspirations.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  08:23:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm just getting into this topic today. I've been garden-less for quite a few years and would like to start up again. I don't have any seeds to share, but if anyone has anything left over to share that would just go to waste, I'd be interested. I can supply the postage. If you have anything, you can email me. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

goatgal
True Blue Farmgirl

84 Posts

Chasity
Catron MO
USA
84 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  08:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Send goatgal a Yahoo! Message
Sue,
i got the seeds you sent me yesterday. I am looking foward to getting them going. I can hardly stand the wait, this site has got me into the mood. I have SPRING FEVER!!!!!
Thanks again so very much.
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2006 :  11:23:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad I'm not the only with spring fever already! Lacy, enjoyed your blog, I hope you will post a pic of your 1915 house, how neat! I'd be happy to send you some seeds for containers on that big front porch. And Jan, I'd be happy to send you some seeds too, veggies or flowers? Share the wealth I say! Chasity, glad you got the seeds, if you can't use any maybe you can swap them. Think spring!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Farmgirl Seed Sharing? First Garden Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page