Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Garden Gate
 What's your favorite online catalog?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic What's your favorite online catalog? Next Topic
Page: of 2

bvfarm
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Christine
Santa Fe texas
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2011 :  7:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Send bvfarm a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by cajungal

I, too, love getting the catalogs. But, I do become a creature of habit...always doing the same thing. The last several years I've stuck with one catalog. I absolutely love the company, Seeds of Change. They specialize in organic seeds and heirloom seeds. They've also branched out into food products. Their catalogs are so beautiful. I let them sit out like a coffee table book. I am mostly a fruit and vegetable gardener and I garden organically....keeping a compost heap, using chemical free grains for my critters so I can use their manure, etc....

The seeds are on the expensive end...upwards of $3 a packet. But, they are certified organic and every seed sprouts.

Actually, I haven't purchased seeds for two years!! Seeds of Change helped me get into saving my seeds. So, my crops have been from seeds I've saved. Another creature of habit thing I do....now that I have all my favorites, I grow all the same things each year...just more of'em.

Another note on organic gardening...I have found that each year my garden gets healthier and resistant to pests. In 2005, I rarely found a pesky bug. Oh, I also try to companion plant and that helps, too.

I'd love to get into perinneals....be my coach!!

Blessings,
Catherine

One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt."

Wow, Catherine, thanks for sharing! Seeds of Change Chocolate is to die for!!! Sounds like you would be a wonderful 'coach' yourself for this newby gardner =) I'm down in TX though, so its a southern garden. I'm really into the pest resistant, as organic as possible, etc. Thanks again!

BaileyVille Farm Farmgirl #3624
God is the only cure without sideeffects. Gratitude and Coincidence are His footprints. - CMV; I thank God for my handicaps for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God.- HK
Go to Top of Page

Unusual Farm Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

58 Posts

Tammie
Ohio
USA
58 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2011 :  07:10:06 AM  Show Profile
I am a HUGE fan of Baker creek heirlooms rareseeds.com AND reneesgarden.com . Renee's does not have a paper catalog, purely online BUT she has painted each variety which is on the envelopes PLUS on her site she has actual "real life" photos of the items for you to view. There are hybrids but not everything. Her flower array is very nice and she sources many from France as well as the fruits & veggies from the U.K .
Next to my treasured Baker Creek catalog, I would be in a blissful state of contentedness if Renees gardens would send out a catalog. I could sit by the fire cozied up with some hot lemon zinger & annies ginger thins perusing those gems over & over, pen & paper in hand.
Go to Top of Page

Jessi Lynn
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

New York
USA
144 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2012 :  4:28:11 PM  Show Profile
Me too-Baker Creek and seed savers are great.

I also order from Botanical Interests they have a lot of heirloom and organic seed-veggies herbs and flowers. They have some great seed collection that make nice gifts for gardeners.

Cooks garden-great if you have smaller space-instead of hundreds of seeds they com in like 20, 30 seeds a packet my favorite climbing bean I get from there is Blauhilde, beautiful shade of purple, crunchy and sweet right of the vine. I also like their squash mixes-there's I believe 15 seeds in each packet-which is plenty.

High mowing seeds-all organic and a great selection

miller's nursery-fruit, nut trees, ground covers, ornamentals. I ordered a 3 on 1 asian pear
tree this past season. Looks god so far.
Go to Top of Page

Mary Ann Newcomer
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile
Several really good companies to choose from Baker Creek Heirloom and Rare Seeds:http://rareseeds.com/ seeds are all about NON GMO (not genetically modified), Renee's which was already mentioned as was Seeds of Change, Botanical Interests and Select Seeds both have excellent reputations and all give back in a big way to their communities and school garden programs.

Farmgirl w/a city garden, Dirt Diva on the radio. Sister chick #246
www.gardensofthewildwildwestcom
Go to Top of Page

Mary Ann Newcomer
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Mary Ann
Boise ID
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2012 :  11:28:33 AM  Show Profile
Now, reading carefully, the prior posts, I see my faves were already mentioned. Sorry for the duplication.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic What's your favorite online catalog? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page