Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 non-sensical farm animal names
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic non-sensical farm animal names Next Topic
Page: of 3

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  10:28:04 AM  Show Profile
I've finally named my "SURPRISE" goat kids! The mother of my two oldest is called "Domingo's Fancy Ferrari" (which, she's anything BUT! she looks more like a Chevy, or a Gremlin!) I thought about doing the whole "Car" theme, but the personalities of the kids kind of made the decision for me. Her son is absolutely GORGEOUS!! I sit with them every single day and that boy is NEVER still! I started calling him "TURBO." Then, of course, it got fiddled with so now he's "THE TURBINATOR" His sister has been dubbed "Miss Gracie Lou Freebush" (from "Miss Congeniality").

The other kids are "Furby" (he looks just like one!), his brother is "Mickey Blue Eyes" (yes, he's got pretty blue eyes!). The other four brothers are-- "Rocky" the teeniest little boy (all black except for a smidgon of white on the very tip of his tail), but I've also been calling him "CHOCOLATE THUNDA'!" (think "Cat in the Hat"). There's also the "Frog Brothers" -- "Edgar" and "Allen" (from the original "Lost Boys" movie-- I have no IDEA which one is which, they look like Identical twins!). Sadley, the last brother has no name. My friend wants a couple of the kids and HE'S her favorite, so I guess I've kind of held off giving him a name. I'll give HER that honor when she takes him home!

Soon, there will be MORE babies to name! More goat kids, lambies, a baby calf!! And Missy-- I'm so LOST without my BABY NAME BOOK!!!! Guess I'll have to break down and buy another one. sigh......

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

BlackHorseFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Elizabeth
Chicago IL
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  07:11:19 AM  Show Profile
Oh how fun.

We have cats all named after detectives or characters in mystery novels- we have Friday, AJ Simon, Rick Simon, Rockford, Charlie Chan, Ranger

My rabbit buck is technically Bumblebee Acre's Tornado, but before I got him he was just "black buck" on their website so I started calling him Black Buck the Pirate, so Pirate it is. My doe - well I had no idea what her name was before I got her but I had a heck of a time getting her. I went the day after a snow storm and it was as cold as heck. I forgot to bring down cash so I had to drive around looking foa atm, no easy feat in a small town. Then I missed the turn because of a white out. Drove way out of my way trying to not get blown into a snow drift. By the time I actually got her and looked at her pedigree I almost peed in my pants. She is ruby eyed white named Bumblebee Acre's Frost Advisory! She is called Crystal after Frosty the Snowman's wife.

I just had to name my three bucklings. My mother, for some odd reason always calls wethers, werther, So one of the bucks will be Black Horse Farm's Werther Original. Next is the biggest kid, well he is going to be Black Horse Farm's Thor, lastly is Black Horse Farm's Magnus.

I have some chickens- most are not named, but a few are. My roo's are Henry, we were really hopeing it was Henriette but then he started to crow. The other is my french Maran- what else could he be but Napoleon

Edited by - BlackHorseFarm on Feb 13 2009 07:18:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cowgirl Jess
Farmgirl in Training

12 Posts

Jessie
Post Falls ID
USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2009 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile
You gals are cute! I love all the creativity. Most of the time the kids insist on naming the animals here but our three horses came with names, Oliver (a draft named for the tractor), Sexy Lexie (Tennessee walker cross), Haylee (a pony who really likes hay). We have a big ol' hound named Willamina and another dog named Taz. All our barn cats are named: Jackser, Sleeping Beauty, Tiger and Tiger Too, Cinderella. Even the hens have names: B.O., Antie (black like an ant), Skidder, Dinner, Pyro (survived a chicken "massacre" when the light fell into the chick box), Owl... even the chicks that didn't make it had names. My son can't bear to have an animal more than 5min without giving it a name! Bless his little heart.

Do not worry about tomorrow, today has enough worries of it's own.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic non-sensical farm animal names Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page