julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  10:53:37 AM  Show Profile
Forgive me, someone asked me to share about my fairy rituals..what are they? How are they performed etc?

My fairy rituals have simply evolved over time. I've never read anything about what to do or what to say.. It was nothing more than the spirit of those with whom I was playing, and what I felt flowing out of my imagination.

First and foremost, I have a fairy garden. It is in between 2 large trees and is on our east lawn. There are 2 'fairy guardians' that are stationed one at the North end of the garden and the other at the south end. The garden is oval shaped and filled with perennials that fairies are known to love; columbine, foxglove, pincushion, etc.. The guardians are fairy metal statues made by a local artist. One is a fairy sitting holding a little bird (she sits North) and the other is a fairy bending over using a watering can (she sits South).

When people come to visit me, we do a fairy ritual before they leave.. It is a time for me to share with them how grateful I feel for their visit..It is more importantly a time for them to make a final wish for themselves before they go back into the 'real' world of their daily lives.

I grab my sacred bowl, which is a blue bowl my husband made a few years ago. Whenever, I have flowers in the house and they die, I save the petals in the bowl. These petals become the wish-making confetti.

Each person stands around the fairy garden..Depending upon how many people are participating, one person is standing in each direction facing the garden. In other words, there's one person standing in the North, South, East, West positions and then others fill in the gaps.

I say a little fairy spell (something I make up in the moment that usually involves a summary of my visit with these people) and sprinkle each person with a few petals. Then I pass the bowl to each person and invite them to make a wish. HOWEVER, all wishes are made OUT LOUD!! I have never subscribed to the idea that telling someone your wish won't make it come true. I believe that when we share our wishes we invited more people into helping us make them come true! The process of saying a wish aloud also forces the wish-maker to really consider what it is they are wishing for.

OK, so each person has a handful of petals. Each person takes a turn and starts by saying the fairy blessing; "May I be kind in all I say and do, so my wish, this fairy wish will come true." (something I made up.) Then, the person will share their wish and toss the petals in the air. When everyone has had a chance to make a wish, I then say something in conclusion..something like," Fairies, fairies, fly with wishes now...take them, take them with a bow.. Make them happen make us smile, keeps our friens safe through every mile.." that kind of thing changes every time.. but you get the idea.
That's the end....

Fairies and the belief in their magic is something very powerful here on our farm. I'm so happy to have shared this with you.. I hope you've found it fun and will do something similar with your loved ones!!
Blessings, Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  12:20:12 PM  Show Profile
Love it! Love it!
I have fairys every place, inside and outside.
my grandaughter and I do fairy things.
to much fun
shirley
Go to Top of Page

cherryhillhouse
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

Barb
Dorr MI
USA
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Julia,
Your fairy ritual is SO beautiful...your visitors are very lucky! Wish I could visit your fairy garden.
All good things,
Barb

Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2005 :  7:36:15 PM  Show Profile
Charming! Charming! Thanks for sharing!!

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

knittingmomma
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tonya
Vermont
106 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  05:08:26 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for sharing Julie! A fairy garden would seem doable in any situation just about... we will be making our own fairy garden for sure this spring/summer.
Warm wishes,
Tonya

Simple Living, Homestead Dreaming Mom of 5
http://www.naturalearthfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  09:31:44 AM  Show Profile
Julia-this is wonderful-thanks for sharing it. I love fairies too and need to include them more. So magical!

Have a Fairy Nice day!
Ellen in MI

Edited by - Lavender Cottage on Dec 28 2005 09:33:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  1:10:22 PM  Show Profile
Julia - your fairy garden sounds so beautiful and peaceful. And I'm so glad there are others interested in doing this!
I have been fascinated by fairies since I was a tot, and after I discovered the Flower Fairies and a book called "How to Catch Fairies" (which includes how to catch elves, dwarves, gnomes, giants, firefays etc etc) I decided one day I would have a fairy glen in my garden. I have even started collecting items to go in it! I will be "planting" my fairy garden in where else but New Zealand's "Middle Earth" of The Lord of the Rings movies - when I return there and find the perfect home for the fairies and elves...
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  1:57:44 PM  Show Profile
Julia, Thanks so much for sharing that. I am once again inspired by you farmgirls. It's so important to have a little magic in our lives, isn't it? Sometimes it's hard to come by. I'm such a boring realist. (Hope to be able to say soon that I'm a "recovering" boring realist.) Your fairy ritual is intriguing. Maybe someone can advise me on my own little fairy issue. My four year old daughter informed me last year that we have a "fairy tree" in our woodline. It is a beautiful, old tree with a large hole that forms a wide bowl about two feet from it's base. When she told me this, I laughed and told her it housed more snakes than fairies. But, I have long been fascinated by my daughter's declaration that this is a "fairy tree." She checks it out often, looking for fairies. I have come to like the idea and have wondered what to do in and around this special tree. Any ideas what to do with an alleged fairy tree? The book "How to Catch Fairies" does sound interesting.
Rebekah

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

Debs
True Blue Farmgirl

100 Posts

Debs
Wellington
New Zealand
100 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  2:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah - according to "How to Catch Fairies" it's possible that your daughter can sense the dryad - the guardian of the tree. There is also the Hamadryad, which is the life spirit of the tree. It doesn't say you can catch the dryad, but you can "catch" the peace and energy of the fairy's spirit if you give the tree a hug! Leaving gifts (of what, the book doesn't say) is also a good way of getting to know the fairy dryad.
Hope your daughter and you have fun with this!

Debby
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  4:16:42 PM  Show Profile
Julia -

Do you have photos you can post of your Fairy Garden. I would love to see it. Always thought of putting one in, am fasinated by fairies, nymphs, etc.

Anne

"Second star to the right, straight on till morning" Peter Pan
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  4:39:22 PM  Show Profile
Fairy greetings to you Rebekah, you country lawyer, you!! Sounds to me like you are branching out!! I am by no means a fairy expert. I do think fairies appreciate individual creativity.. your fairies are your own and therefore respond to your creativity. However, I do believe there is one fairy ingredient that all people and fairies can appreciate. G.L.I.T.T.E.R!! the more the merrier too! Craft stores sell it in so many varieties now. I am partial to the sanding glitter that is very soft, sticks to everything and sparkles like crazy. My husband has simply had to get used to having glitter all over his nice suits etc.. I think it softens people anyway. Ah, you will want to wear glitter in your hair, on your clothes etc.. just sprinkle it around and on yourself. You'll be amazed at the effect is has on your mood. I find blowing glitter from my hand is especially therapeutic!!

In terms of making a fairy environment; it is my humble opinion that plastic is a no-no. Enchantment in the fairy realm is all about the natural environment so using what's around your beautiful tree is key. Is there any way to make that bowl shaped area around your tree into some kind of pool or even a small puddle? You can dig it out a little, line it with rocks and pebbles you've collected nearby and pour in a little water..voila! fairy swimming pool! Glitter outlining your pool will help them swim at night.. You could gather some sticks and make a some benches for them to sun-bath or diving boards, etc.. let your imagination take you.

One of my favorite all time books is Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker. She was an amazing artist and naturalist, without much formal study in either area. She has an unique style and her imagination is imeccable. She studied flowers and the neighborhood kids, who then became the subjects of her fairies. Buttercup fairy is a wonderful example. She incorporated the flower of the buttercup into the dress of the fairy. Her drawings are incredible!! i think you would enjoy them immensely!

Let me know what you think Rebekah and have fun!!
Blessings and fairy twinkles, Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  5:52:38 PM  Show Profile
The Flower Fairies book is one of my favorites.I got another book written by her for Christmas.It is called Fairyopolis A Flower Fairies Journal.It has the most wonderful illusrations.There is a little booklet inside that names some trees Fairies are known to love.It is a wonderful book.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  7:15:59 PM  Show Profile
I am just loving this discussion. I has brought up so many treasured memories for me regarding fairies, rituals, goddesses and all things Mother Earth.

Country Lawyer Rebekah Fairy Mother, I just thought of another thing you and your daughter could do to celebrate your fairy tree.. Are there any small bushes near the tree? If there are great and if not, you can "plant" a dead branch to make your fairy wishing tree. You can use the pool you've made too in this fairy ritual.. You'll need some ribbon, or fabric scraps..really anything that ties that isn't too unnatural looking will do well.. You can dip your ribbon into the pool of water, make a wish, and tie it on to a bush or your fairy tree..

I plan to do something similar in our Sacred Garden. I'll have some kind of rope that outlines the perimeter and people can come visit and "tie" their wish onto the rope.

I firmly believe that we spend an awful lot of time in our heads thinking about what we desire..what we wish for..I believe that the more we act out our dreams in making wishes, rituals, etc, the more real they become. I also believe, and this could be nothing more than projection on my part, that we, as adults, need more activities that lighten us up!! hahahaha. I'm forever taking myself way too seriously and design all kinds of things to give me perspective!

I hope these are fun suggestions for you!

Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  7:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Alicia, I hadn't heard of that book.. Sounds absolutely wonderful.. I can imagine how incredible the illustrations are. What I wouldn't do to have tea with Cicely Mary Barker.. perhaps when I pass into the next life, I'll be able to do just that! 2 of my all time favorite fairies of hers are; lavender fairy and willow fairy. Are you familiar with them? there are several that take my breath away but these 2 in particular rattle me to my very core!
Have a wonderful right now! Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  08:39:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I just love this topic. My 28yr old daughter loves fairies and has them all over her house. Now when her 4yr old daughter does something she shouldn't have, it's always "The fairy did it". I will pass on the fairy ritual to her. She sprinkles glitter outside and takes her girls out there to show them where the fairies have been.
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  11:02:28 AM  Show Profile
owllady, this was such a lovely note. Thank you! I am completely re-inspired having written this out for you all to enjoy. Sometimes I find myself feeling a little insecure about it when 'new' visitors come and don't really know what to think about it all...I assume they think it's glorious instead of being weird and freaky.. but one never knows. Usually this insecurity lasts only a few minutes and I'm back in my little lovely bubble knowing that what I'm trying to create is good, honest and wholesome!! Thank you all for your lovely comments and encouragement. You've just made my day!! blessings and fairy kisses!! Julia Hayes

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  11:18:06 AM  Show Profile
Rebekah-your daughter's Fairy Tree sounds wonderful. Here are my thoughts-a place to have fairy tea parties and fairy picnics and dance the dance of the faeries-I agree that you should let your imagination and your daughter's imagination guide you here. 4 year olds are so much fun and full of such wondermint. Such Fairy Fun you will have!

Julia-I would like to see pictures or your fairy garden too and also I need to check out these books you gals have mentioned. I especially want to see the Lavender Fairy painting. :)

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  11:43:09 AM  Show Profile
I found her-the Lavender Fairy-how beautiful she is-thanks for telling me about her-here it the site with all the magic of fairies-enjoy! :)
http://www.flowerfairies.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  3:17:50 PM  Show Profile
What fabulous suggestions. You farmgirls are so creative. I haven't played with glitter in years. I can't wait! I know what you mean about being too serious. When I read Frannie's thread for resolutions that's the one I thought I need to make...loosen up and enjoy life. I used to be fun and creative myself. Ah, but life is busy and will weigh you down if you're not careful. I have never thought much about that "fairy tree" until I read Julia's message. Yes, yes. This is definitely the year for our "fairy tree" and everything that embodies...glitter, ribbon, tea parties. Keep the suggestions coming. I like all the ideas you have. (I'm usually so mainstream.) Thanks for sharing that website. I'll check that out too. Life is a dance, isn't it? Maybe I'll see some fairies dancing around that tree. Julia, I did wonder if your father or father-in-law (or grandfather) participated in your fairy ritual. That makes me smile to think about. Won't you post pictures of your fairy garden?

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  4:26:27 PM  Show Profile
All this talk of Fairies I went in my book collection to try and find my Flower Fairies book and I can't find it.But I did find another book I like to read called Fairies Real encounters with little people.Written by Janet Bord.I had no idea Cicely Mary Barker wrote so many books.I will be saving my pennies to add to my collection.I know I have another book somewhere that has a dictionary of Fairies somewhere but I can't seem to find that one either.Maybe I still have them in a box in the basement since I moved.I will have to venture down there and try to find it.
Alicia

http://fromcitytocountrygirl.blogspot.com/
follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  5:58:41 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah, so happy you are enjoying this. Funny you would ask about my dad...yes, the year before last he participate in his first one and loved it. My dad is a very traditional catholic guy so this was a bit of a departure for him. However, because he loves me, adores my break with traditions, he really enjoyed it. He commented that he wanted to consider how to incorporate such a ritual into his daily prayer life. I haven't asked him about it since, although he did participate in one last summer too. This coming year will be the an experimental one in the sacred garden. I want to see what kind of rituals evolve out there..something very similar but with different energy..I think its more of a mother earth focus, rather than the light-hearted, albeit it very mischevious nature of fairies!!

Keep us posted on your pursuits.. I don't have a digital camera and I haven't yet read the 'how to post pictures..' I promise I will and send some pictures your way.

In the meantime, enjoy, julia hayes

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  09:53:54 AM  Show Profile
i'm loving all these sweet 'fairie tales' ... and would like to leave a few of my own.

OH WOW! and we, too, had a 'fairie bowl' in a holder attached to the wall by the front door .. and when someone visited .. they always received a little sprinkling of 'fairie water' and a blessing when they left to continue on their journey.

some of my 'fairie stories' ... Started out presenting tea parties for women (Women's Comforts) .. and started the Crooked Tree Hollow Doll Club .. guests were always discovering and smiling at the fairies they would find in the least likely places! Before long, i decided to share all these magical events with children too .. and so .. Yesteryear's Children Tea Parties was born. (Historical Tea Parties for Children). In addition to presenting Colonial, Pioneer, Victorian and 1940's tea parties (I have all of the American Girls Dolls and all of their furniture, clothing and accessories and the tea party table would be decorated with one of these dolls along with antique table toppers (linen, lace for Victorian ... quilts for colonial and pioneer) ... and the doll of the era and her 'tea party table and set') ... I also conjured up Raggedy Ann and Andy Picnics and Teddy Bear Parades ... Flower, Garden, Forest and Fairie Tea Parties (each was a different theme party).

When we lived in Annapolis, Maryland .. our 'place' was named by a 5 year old boy who was standing on the front porch with me one day ... looking at the 'edge of the forest' .. and he said to me: "look at that big olde crooked tree out in the hollow" ... so .. our place was immediately christened "Crooked Tree Hollow". There was a huge 'hole' in this big olde tree (unbeknownst to us at the time .. it was a tree in the late stages of the dying process). And even more amazing .. just before we moved from Maryland to Kentucky .. the tree had died and had to be 'taken down' ... (but never fear .. one dusky evening, just before i left Maryland, i gathered all the fairies and brought them here to Kentucky with me and they now abide in our forest ... but i have YET to find the tree they live in!

The Story continues .... After 'retiring' from working for Uncle Sam in Washington, D.C. a good portion of my life, i decided it was time to 'play' full-time! And so, i decided to present 'tea parties' ... i had a thirty year collection of antiques (and FAIRIES) and had them tucked here and there all around our home, garden, woods.

I once had a women's Fairie Tea Party .. where everyone had to come dressed as a FAIRIE .. and oh my! the costumes .. the imagination! There were good fairies in white and shades of the rainbow ... and even 'dark' fairies all dressed in black. I remember the most touching 'fairie' that surprized us all with a visit. One of our dear doll club members had recently lost her 4 year old son to leukemia .. and was deep in the midst of grieving. The evening of our Fairie Gathering, the doorbell rang and there she stood .. almost floating .. in a mystical gown of pure white. She absolutely glittered and glowed. Her body, her gown, her hair and even her eyelashes were shimmering with silver sparkles. We all enveloped her with hugs and cried. She told us that her son had often, in his last days of life, murmered of 'fairies'.

o.k. ... boo-hooing and getting my keyboard all soaked here with that dear memory!!!

I know this rambling goes on forever .. but just had to share some of the Fairie Tea Party celebrations with you.

The Children's Fairie Tea Parties: I made 'fairie wings' out of netting and wire and ribbon ... had about 20 sets .. all in be-jeweled shades of the rainbow. Each child would be presented with a pair to wear during the duration of the party.

I, of course, had tucked fairies in the woods all along the path we would be walking that day. First we walked among the Children's Fairie Garden (which had been planted by children who attended the GARDEN TEA PARTIES). (We did not have much sunlight as we lived in a small 'woods' .. so the garden was planted on the one sunny spot on a hillside at Crooked Tree Hollow). We would then go on a 'fairie sojourn' where we walked through the woods, each child with their own basket .. gathering nature's bounty. Sticks and stones and bark and leaves and lichen and tiny wildflowers. We would return with our 'bounty' and visit the "Secret Garden" .. which was a dear little somewhat hidden garden at the very center of our yard .. it was filled with trees and bushes and stone benches. (Before the parties start .. i always create little 'story', 'poetry', or 'thoughts' cards ... i would draw simple pictures and water-color them .. and write 'friendship poetry' for a birthday party .. garden poetry and thoughts for a garden party .... or 'FAIRIE POEMS' for our Fairie Tea Parties. I would then tie them with gay, silk ribbons to the lower tree branches and from the bushes. (I had a huge olde iron key tied to a tree at the entrance of the garden and a 'keyhole' in the tree where i ceremoniously .. among hushed children and huge wondering eyes ... would unlock the Secret Garden to allow our entrance. Each child would untie a 'fairie poem' from a tree or bush branch .. and sit upon one of the stone benches. I would then read a short 'fairie story' .. (I have a collection of wonderful old 'fairie poems and stories' book .. which i will be happy to share some magical words from if you would like to have your own Fairie Tea Parties.

THEN .. after the Fairie Story .. each child would stand up and read the Fairie Poem from their card .. and they would tuck it into their 'gathering basket' as a 'memory gift' for them to take home with them. THEN .. we would quietly leave the Secret Garden and lock the 'tree' back up and go to the Crooked Tree in the Hollow where the children would build 'fairie villages' around the circumference of the tree. (I do have photos of some of these on some disks .. if i can ever find them .. i'll surely post some pictures .. and i promise you .. some of these were so amazingly wonderous .. the imaginations of chldren are astounding .. but then .. they are closer to fairies than we adults are. They would build walls from the chunks of bark (roofs tops too) ... and tables and chairs from sticks and stones .. beds of stone with leaf coverlets .. dishes of acorn tops and tiny wildflowers .. they would build 'fairie gardens' with rows of flowers and 'vegetables' (tiny pebbles would be the potatoes) and sprigs of greenery would be 'carrot tops'). I KNOW i was amidst tiny fairies as i watched their villages blossom.

After their village was completed, i would give them each a small hoop filled with long, brightly-colored ribbons and we would all 'dance' around the fairie tree .. ribbons streaming through the air. (I had a small portable tape player (hidden) that played soft fairie music for our dance).

THEN .. we would all sit on quilts and eat 'fairie sandwiches' (i have lots of recipes if anyone is interested) and drink fairie tea (pale pink punch).

WHEW! not finished ... there is MORE!

At the end of EVERY tea party .. whether it was a fairie tea or other theme ... i would always tell them about the 'fairies' who live in The Olde Crooked Tree .. how they were with them every day and how they watched them and listened to them .. and at dusk .. they would all fly back to the hole in the olde crooked tree ... and have a party themselves .. and they would excitedly talk and talk and talk all night .. sharing how each child they had been with spent their day .. what they did .. what they said. I would then tell the children that "the fairies of Crooked Tree Hollow" are MEMORY KEEPERS. That someday, when they are grown, they will be sitting with a friend or their own children and telling them of the lovely time that had at a Fairie Tea Party many years ago ... and ALL OF A SUDDEN .. they will feel a teeeeeeensy tickling on the cusp of their ear .. or feel the soft rush of air and catch a glimpse out of the corner of their eye of something very tiny swinging from a strand of their hair. And they should not be alarmed .. because this is their Memory Keeper .. returned to whisper the stories of their special day at a tea party from many years past.

AND THEN .. I have them each bow their heads and close their eyes .. as the 'fairies bless them with these memories' .. and i recite the following little poem as i sprinkle silvery 'fairie dust' on the crowns of their heads:

Star Dust of Silver
Moon Beams of Gold
Spun by the Fairie-Folk
of Stories often told.

They live in the Hollow
of an Olde Crooked Tree
For the Star Dust of Memories
.. is MAGIC .. you see!

And thus ends each tea party with magic and fairie hugs.

O.K. .. you just THINK i'm finished! HA! gotta' tell you how that little poem 'happened'.

Because of the Tea Parties and Doll Club .. which was the 'only show in town' .. word spread pretty fast .. and i was contacted by our Baltimore News TV station and asked if they could feature me and my Crooked Tree Hollow on a 'soft side of news' segment.

When the reporter came .. i was so enchanted with him ... he had been a major (local) news reporter and had retired and was doing 'happy and kind' news! When we had finished filming ... (and i did not know he even said this until i saw the show) .. but he ended his program with .. "as we leave Frannie sitting in the Secret Garden .. I think she must be one of the happiest people in Maryland".

From time to time in our lives, people say things about us that stay with us forever. (And honey-doos .. this could be either kind or unkind words .. so we must all be careful of what we say .. as we will all want to be remembered for the 'good words and deeds').

O.K. ... when the newscasters were ending their program .. one of the WOMEN newscasters commented: HOW DOES SHE DUST ALL THAT STUFF!!! ... i sat there astounded that she did not see the MAGIC ... and determined that very moment .. that i would 'write the story of Magic Fairie DUST' ... find a beautiful 'glass vial' .. fill it with MAGIC FAIRIE "DUST" .. and send it along to her. Well, think as i might .. it just didn't come .. until one magical day when i was riding through town .. and out of nowhere ... and i wasn't even thinking of it at the time .. the poem just started POURING out of my thoughts .. i had to actually pull my car over in very busy traffic .. and grab a paper and pencil and write it down. Ah yesssss .. this WAS the fairies 'in action' .. and, like 'angels', they do appear when we least expect it!

I never sent the poem to the newscaster .. no longer needed to .. but i have said that little fairie story over the heads of hundreds and hundreds of children over the years.

FAIRIE BLESSINGS to each and everyone of you.

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Dec 30 2005 10:04:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  11:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
miz franie I would love to learn more of your tea parties. I think you must be magical with all that you do. I always have planned parties for children whether it was for my classroom, school or for family and friends. If i had the money I would be a full time party planner. But I do enjoy having parties for those around me. I also do the parties for my work.
thanks for all the ideas. I will certainly build my own fairy garden this summer. there is a row of tall pines just out my kitchen window which might be the perfect place. I have always wanted a fairy garden. And nothing is more fun than glitter. I love watching the faces of the children as we used glitter on a project. It makes the ordinary, extra-ordinary. even the teachers would love it, we'd try to dust each other by surprise. I can remember going home with a head full of glitter. What fun!

May you achieve your full potential to excel intellectually, to live spiritually, to lead responsibly, to act justly and to serve selflessly. Have a wonderful Holiday and a Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  12:18:35 PM  Show Profile
i only occasionally do tea parties here in kentucky. i have done several as 'fund raisers' ... but so much of my treasures are still packed in boxes and these little cabins cannot hold all the treasures that crooked tree hollow could (24 rooms in that house .. ha! FOUR in this one!) well .. maybe a couple more than that! the cabins each have an upstairs and a downstairs ... that's FOUR ... there is a little 'lean-to' that is my 'dolly studio' .. and a guest bathroom off of that. AND we have a wonderfully huge 'addition' between the two cabins which is our kitchen, bedroom, bath and tiny little laundry room.

i will find my 'fairie books' (they are olde ones) and share some of the sweet poetry from them. any questions you have about 'tea parties' or 'themes' .. jus' let me know and i'll be happy to tell you of the ones i did in maryland.

i'm so glad that miz julia started this subject .. fairies are such fun! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  12:37:47 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I can see that you have a lot of fun in life!!!!
I would love to read some of your poems.
My mind is on overload with thoughts of how I could have a fairy party with my grands and nieces. Grandaughters, Payten and Brina and I have tea parties in the sumer outside, with a little tea set I have. They love it.
thanks for all the charming stories
shirley
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2005 :  12:46:05 PM  Show Profile
shirley ... there are so many ways to make these little theme parties special. we're getting ready to go to friend's house for dinner shortly .. but tomorrow, i'll hunt up those wonderful little fairie books and write some of the poems in them. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Fairy Ritual Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page