Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Vintage Stove Repair in UT/ID?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Vintage Stove Repair in UT/ID? Next Topic  

almostidaho
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Tami
Richmond Utah
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2006 :  8:25:00 PM  Show Profile
Greetings:

I purchased an old late 40s/early 50s Wedgewood gas range this past summer to replace the dinky apartment-sized electric job in my old farmhouse. It's in terrific shape, but one of the knobs is frozen. I need to find someone to give it a good once-over to make sure it's functional and safe, well short of a full rehab.

But, sad to say, finding a TRULY qualified repairperson/technician in this day and age is nearly impossible! The local shops I have called all refuse to work on it - all they apparently handle is replacing plug-and-play appliance components. Geez, this is 1940s technology here, I'm not asking for rocket science (hmm. Thiokol Rocket is only an hour's drive from here. Maybe *they* can help!).

Do you know of anyone, I'm serious here, from Boise ID to Provo UT who might be able to service this range for me? I am willing to drive up to 5 hours away to bring it in to somebody, but I really don't want to have to send it away to CA or TX (the nearest old stove repair places I can find on the web).

Any suggestions/leads will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tami in northern UT
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Vintage Stove Repair in UT/ID? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page