Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What we have done today- Come Share with us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What we have done today- Come Share with us! Next Topic
Page: of 3

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow will be another story... :P

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile
Today I:
*got up and ate my everyday breakfast of oatmeal
*called my sister and caught up on everything
*went out in deep snow to feed the birds
*got a visit from a lady who regularly leaves me literature from her
church
*vacuumed
*crocheted for awhile on my afghan
*Jim came over and we went to lunch, then to the grocery store, then off
to buy more bird seed and a light fixture at Fleet Farm.
*Came home and sat down to the computer and here I still am
*Now I'm going to make supper and watch the new season of Biggest Loser
at 7:00
Not much cleaning in there, but I did that all yesterday.

Edited by - owwlady on Jan 06 2009 3:40:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:47:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm under the weather today, so I haven't done much. Made my bed, made one little skirt, then crawled onto the couch, wrapped in a blanket. Check the computer every couple of hours. Maybe tomarrow will be better!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:57:11 PM  Show Profile
I have cleaned out and organized my storage bowl cabinets ( with my GD's help!) I cleaned my bookshelf in my bedroom and threw away tons of stuff. Just got the bed cleaned off! I got out 2 old sets of dishes and washed them and just now put them up on my new shelf over the dining room window. And put lots of other things on the shelves! Now that is exiting to me because I've been having a hard time with this. Now I will start on my recipe book shelf and get those books on the new shelves, too. Then I'll have an empty bookshelf. Oh no. I'm sure it will fill back up quickly.

Does this cleaning ever end?? I don't think I'm ever going to be all done.

Oh, I also went out in the pouring rain and put up a shelter using a cattle panel and some plastic. I feel so bad for my 2 calves out there all day and night in the rain. But you know where they are now? Out in the rain. I did put their hay under the shelter so at least when they eat they won't be in the rain. Silly cows.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  4:30:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lets see-

Today I have been doing laundry all day so at least 5-6 loads if not more
Folded same amount of loads (I am actually caught up on folding for once!!)
Washed a few loads of dishes (small sink and dish hogs don't make for a pretty picture)
Scrubbed bathroom down from top to bottom- even using old toothbrush to get cracks and crevices. Alee 1 - Mold and Fungus - 0
Cleaned living room
Vacuumed living room
Took care of Nora...
Placed the ingredients for a stew in the crock pot
washed a couple more loads of laundry
Folded and put away said laundry
Got Nora some dinner
Put Nora to bed.

Next I need to get the bed re-made and get me cleaned up! Only half an hour till Doug gets home and I would like to not look like a slob for once! LOL

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 06 2009 6:27:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  5:46:15 PM  Show Profile
I spent hours and hours,actually the last three days, sanitizing grandsons bedroom (I am brooding chicks in there while he is on vacation) got a sick chick and am awaiting necropsy to see if its a communicable disease. If so I will have to sanitize the whole shebang.and since GS is 15, his room could use it anyway!May as well get it started.
Went to town 12 miles on errands
visited friend Beverly while there
fed animals,inside and out
helped a chickie hatch
had a nap
played with the dogs
thats all for today
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  6:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Today I....
got the kids off to school
did my spot clean at the apartments
cleaned for one of residents at the apartments
made dinner
baked cookies
washed the dishes
washed a load of laundry
patched the crack in the bathtub
did some more painting in the kids' room
washed out all my paint trays and brushes

still have to fold a load of laundry and put the other load in the dryer before I go to bed

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  1:27:29 PM  Show Profile
I have to just jump in here now.

Today I have:
Taken a shower
Made my bed
Homeschooled both kids-including correcting all their work
Cleaned the bathroom
Washed the dishes
Made lunch
Cleaned up from lunch
Washed two loads of laundry but haven't folded any
Cleaned the dog's kennel
Cleaned the bathroom
Filled our wood bin
Brought in the garbage cans
Now I'm off to make supper

Alee~I hope you and Nora are feeling better.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  1:06:02 PM  Show Profile
I think the cleaning bugs done gone and bit me! I just now sat down for a break.

I started in the laundry room with all the empty canning jars that have gathered on the counter. So I had some boxes and filled them up.
Then cleaned out the lid drawer in the kitchen.
Back to the laundry, put up all small appliances on the shelves, threw away all socks without matches on top of the dryer, washed it off. Cleaned and washed washer. Swept the floor and shook the rug.I can now see the top of the dryer, washer and counter! Wow!
Then into the bedroom I went. Cleaned off the dresser, wiped down the bed, full-length mirror, bedside tables. Swept, dusted, vacuumed, shook rugs.
Then to living room. Swept, dusted, vacuumed furniture, cleaned off mantle, shelves, yables. I had already cleaned under furniture a few weeks ago when we had new windows put in. Really embarrasing! Oh, and cleaned off piano. I can now see how badly it needs to be redone. But I just put a pretty lace scarf thing on it. Looks good now.
So dining room is looking good now, too. Swept in there. Cleaned off buffet.

So now the nastiest room is the one I'm in now. I will need help with this room.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

jennym
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Jenny
Green Lane PA
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  5:49:26 PM  Show Profile
My best friend and I started a thing last year where we email each other each morning with our list of stuff we want to get done for the day. It feels so good to have it all mapped out, and even if it doesn't all get done, at least it's still in the backs of our minds that we can do it tomorrow.
Having said that, I really like the idea of making the list of what's already done, too!!! (Has anyone else ever made a to-do list and put down a couple of things that are already done just so you can cross them out?) So here's mine for today:
Schooled my son, straightened up the kitchen, living room, and dining room, took 2 of the kids to a game store, stopped at the library and dropped off an overdue book, took my son to Taekwan-do where I dropped him off and picked up my 5-year-old nephew and brought him home with me while my sister took TKD, made dinner, loaded and ran the dishwasher, finished my pen-pal letter and got it ready to mail, and I want to hang up a load of laundry on my dryer rack before I got to bed. Oh, and I also need to go over my son's Latin with him before his class tomorrow morning. Then I will oh-so-happily go to bed! (Not that I accomplished a tremendous amount today....I just really love going to bed.)

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  6:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jenny! You are so funny! And then my confession- yes! I have done that! LOL!

Today I ran errands and put together Nora's Christmas present (a indoor climbing/sliding toy) and then I got about 75% of the storage room cleaned out to be my new office.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  8:15:28 PM  Show Profile
I did not do major things today. Really had a slow day. I got all the animal chores done. Milked the goats. Cleaned the kitchen up. Went to Bible study. On the way home, went to get hay. In the car. 5 more bales. They are still in the car. Came home. Got the call that the pig picker uppers were on their way. So went out and talked to the boys and waited. I had mixed them up a good last meal for them to eat on the way. That took over an hour. Chased an escapee all over the yard awhile. Got them all loaded up. Walked around awhile feeling the freedom! Came in and ran the swiffer over the wood floors. Then watched A.I. and crotched awhile. Ran the dishwasher, too and took a shower.

That's it. Oh and just cleaned off my desk. Thanks, Alee!

Kris

Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  10:21:00 PM  Show Profile
I learned how to download my pics from my new digital camera to the computer (that my darling kids got me for my birthday back in November) and my DD, Laura, helped me get signed up on Photo Bucket and I posted my first pic here at MaryJanes! Now I can start doing more at my blog and Facebook (which was the motivation of my son to get me the camera in the first place, so I'm told!) Boy, am I going to have fun now! hehehehe Oh, and I also finished another neck scarf, looked at a few dishes that need washing, ran a load of clothes through the washer, and fed my cats. Now it's bedtime - Good night, everyone!

Buffalomary
Farmgirl Sister #293

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!

Please visit me at my blog: http://buffalomaryscorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  12:15:30 AM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
Here is what I have done today -

I got on the internet, checked my emails, and visited here this morning.
I went outside and walked around.
I took a bucket of scraps to the compost pile.
I fed the chickens some scrap bread.
I took a shower.
I washed two dirty house-coats/robes.
I hung and folded my clothes that wear on the laundry rack so I could hang up the house-coats/robes.
I hung the house-coats/robes on the laundry rack to dry.
I put in a load of dark-colored clothes to soak and wash.
I made some Taco Salad meat with some hamburger that was in the fridge needing to be cooked. We will eat that tomorrow since we are eating Chicken and Noodles today.
I mended a hole in a pair of jeans that I have been altering for my cousin.
I finished packaging some things that I need to mail, one book for a person from paperbackswap and a book that I swapped a farmgirl here for a Mary Jane's magazine (I can't wait to get it!!!).
I sat down and I colored in a coloring book (just for fun).
I jumped on the mini-trampoline for a few minutes a couple of times throughout the day.
I listed some items for sale on blujay.com.
I hung the load of dark-colored clothes around the house to dry.
I am ready to end my day soon. Before I go to bed, I will put away the food from supper, I will eat a little snack, wash my face, and brush my teeth.

Good-night,
Belle
I might post here again tomorrow.

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/

Edited by - homesteaderbelle on Jan 15 2009 12:20:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  04:28:15 AM  Show Profile
I have to go to work today....but yesterday I worked at home instead. I got a lot done and I feel back on top of things again!

dusted dining room
picked up and organized toys
swept first floor [that was a huge chore]
put all things away that were out of their home [another big one]
did dishes
cleaned sinks
organized a few papers
dusted living room
vaccumed rugs
put snow apparell away in closet
organized closet a bit
Picked Up Zach!
Played with Trains!

I feel good because When I come back home today after work...I won't feel the urge to clean and straighten! I can just spend good time with Zach!

Have a great day,
Jamie

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Go to Top of Page

kim9365
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Kimberly
Salem Ohio
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:17:28 AM  Show Profile
I havent done much of anything yet today but go online. I felt like I was gonna be sick late last night and when I woke up I felt the same way, still do so I havent accomplished anything yet but I do have laundry that needs to be done no matter what! My son stayed home from school today cause he feels bad too...hope its not the flu again!!!!

http://www.paranormalunderground.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  07:28:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Jamie! You have been busy! I will post what I am getting done today as I have a lot to do!

Kim- Hope your kiddo feels better soon!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2009 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile
I got up early this morning and did three loads of laundry and got them out on the line before getting the girls to school and myself to work. The first laundry on the line of the season- we are suppose to have a high of 43 today- yeah- it felt so great hanging things out and hearing the birds starting to sing!
I also, did dishes, folded some laundry, cut cardstock for Katie's graduation invites, took the dog out a few times- a few other things got done. I'm off this afternoon and so I'm hoping to get a lot more done before church this evening!
Yeah Spring!!

Lori

Have a Country Day
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  02:21:19 AM  Show Profile
HI....It's Thursday morning!!! The house still looks pretty good! That makes me happy. Zach and I have really been working hard on cleaning up one set of toys before he is allowed to break out another. It's kinda working...

I only have laundry to do this morning. DH went ahead and did a load this morning while I was still snoozing away. He's a sweety sometimes ;). Collectively we have decided that doing laundry in the mid-week [if time allows] is really the way to go. I can't stand piles of laundry to do on a weekend, we just don't have time on the weekends....Much more fun stuff to do!

Later Ladies!! {{Hugs}} Jamie

Edited by - simplyflowers on Mar 05 2009 02:22:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  06:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That's great Jamie! I am now in the middle of a moving situation so things are going to get hectic around here! At least things will start going into boxes so ideally I will have less to clean up at least until moving is done!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

peggysue
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

Peggy
Tulsa Oklahoma
267 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  4:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Today, I slept in until 5:30... got up, took the dog out, vacuumed, took out the trash.. and spent the day with 2 adorable godbabies, and then went and picked up my paycheck and went to the pharmacy.. tomorrow it's laundry and grocery shopping after work.

visit me at my blog
mousiesmom.wordpress.com
http://youravon.com/pmcclure
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  7:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Well, got home abit early, went to the gym, came home, swept the salt up off the floor that is being brought in on shoes, made a nice dinner for the family, took 30 minutes for me [took a looooong quiet bath], put the little one to bed, called my big sister, and here I am now!! :)

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  7:31:04 PM  Show Profile
Up at 6:30a coffee, fed my "sourdough starter mona" Fed my chickens, Cleaned out their studio..Drove to town got my hair cut, picked up prescriptions @ pharmacy, came home, collected eggs, blogged a bit,& read MJ threads. Put roast in oven for dinner. Ate dinner, cleaned up Kitchen and now headed to the bathtub..for 30 minutes.. ahhhhhhhhhhh and then watch "Survivor".
You all enjoy your evening... ta ta....

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Klamath Falls "Charming Chicks Chapter" Mother Hen

Almost daily posts at:
http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/

You never know when what you say or do will make a difference...Kerry Kennedy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2009 :  9:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh I feel like I wasted the day. Got lots of laundry done and some loads of dishes. Also limped through a homework assignment. Ugh. I hate Micro Econ. I need to put more effort into the class.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2009 :  02:09:42 AM  Show Profile
Don't be too hard on you Alee!! :P You are managing quite a few things very well. Family [with a young one], school, and packing stuff. That's a lot and I'm sure there's more! Plus, Micro Econ doesn't sound to entertaining. :)

Hugs,
Jamie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What we have done today- Come Share with us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page