Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What we have done today- Come Share with us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What we have done today- Come Share with us! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  08:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
We have done this in the past where everyone comes here to detail all that they have gotten done today. Not only does it help keep you on track by feeling more accountable, but it also shows how each of those little tasks throughout the day really do add up to a lot accomplished!

I am still feeling under the weather today but I can lounge on the couch and fold laundry or other small things.

So today I have picked up all the toys in Nora's room
Stripped and remade Nora's bed (she helped it was sooo cute!)
started 2 loads of laundry
Vacuumed Nora's room
Doug got up and I told him that if he was going to sit and watch TV he HAD to fold laundry. To my surprise he said yes, so even though I didn't do it...at least 3 washings of laundry have been folded and guess what- I am going to go get him some more!!!
I also have washed at least 3 sinkfuls of dishes (Guess who didn't do dishes while I was in Wyoming...)

Our hot water in the bathroom won't turn off so we are doing this weird ballet dance of turning off the water main to let the water heat- taking a shower and getting water run to clean with- then shutting off the main. Or sometimes we have to let it run and I have been heating water on the stove all morning to wash dishes.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 04 2009 12:00:44 PM

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  09:47:26 AM  Show Profile
okay so far today for me itd be:

Hanging out a load of wash
Taking down a load of wash
Picking up Tori and Levis toys
Put away clean dishes
Swept the floor
Cleaned up the front outside

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  10:31:08 AM  Show Profile
Today I have:
Did last nights dishes
Cleaned the toaster oven, about let it get too far.
Fixed lunch and did dishes
Went down to the celler for a can of pork and beans
While in the celler, straightened shelves, did some inventory (will post about what I found in the kitchen topics.
Worked on getting medical info ready for taxes
Cleaned a file with 07 med info. Ron set by the fireplace and burned a huge stack of papers.
Checked TV Guide to see when the football games come on. 1:00 our time. I have about 30 min then I am in my recliner watching football just like the guys. Except Ole Ron, he don't like football. I tell him to be glad that I don't like to watch basketball or golf. LOL

Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  11:02:09 AM  Show Profile
I love this. I feel motivated to list as much as possible. I too am a bit under the weather with a head cold but things are starting to stack up so I gotta do some. So far..
ate breakfast
fed Paul
started 1 load of laundry
Folded 3 loads from yesterday
Put clothes away

Its a start!
Will add more as the day goes.

Good luck with your list Alee
Hope you feel better.
Toodles
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile
Well, I am rather proud of myself! I just cleaned my bathroom! After reading about all the bad stuff in almost all bathroom things, I took the trashcan in there and loaded it up. I felt really bad about throwing it all away, but if I can't use it, nobody is.

Then I started in on the tub and all that was in there. Yuck! I cannot believe how much crap was in there that I have let pile up. I am not a shower cleaner at all. Or a bathroom cleaner either, really, obviously. But this was rather bad. It's amazing what baking soda and elbow grease can do. That tub and surround are shiny now! And alls that's in there is just a few things now.

Ok, then I started in on the tower type metal shelf between the toilet and sink It has 5 small shelves with all kinds of stuff on it plus a layer of dust an inch thick. So got that all cleaned and shiny, too.

Then even scrubed the floor and the baseboards, too! Then the sink and toilet. It is so nice in there now. Cleanest room in the house. It's also the smallest, so I thought that would be the best place to start.

So 1 room clean, 8 more to go! Yeah! It really does feel good.

Oh, and I cleaned out the spice/plastic bag cabinet over the stove earlier this morning, too. And folded a load of towels. And just cleaned off my computer table while waiting to see Cheryl's one room studio on her blog. And Nancy's sale drawer things, too.

So happy cleaning, ya'll! Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  12:39:20 PM  Show Profile
Man, I feel kinda lazy after reading what all of you have done. I'm like Alee - still under the weather, so I guess that's my excuse - still not hearing anything out of the left ear. I have
- made breakfast (bacon ends, scrambled with eggs, topped with cheese and bagels),
- made blueberry muffins,
- mixed a meatloaf together,
- fed the animals, and
- finished a little beret I was knitting.
We're going to try and take the dogs out in the woods for a run this afternoon if we can garner up any energy!
I hope I get feeling better soon - my house needs some SERIOUS attention!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  12:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Ain't done squat today except run to the store. Charlie is sick so just hanging out, stuffing him with healthy foods and liquids and resting a lot. I have a lot to do this week, as this is the first time in 2 weeks I won't have Charlie home. Mostly have to make a LOT Of phone calls and get ready for school again.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  1:08:49 PM  Show Profile
Wow! You girls sure are getting things done on a lazy sunday-

I've been busy today because I've been lazy staying up late and reading lately, so the house was being neglected. I had to hurry up this morning because a good friend from out west was coming to visit for the afternoon (which was such a fun visit- I got caught up on all the drama at where I used to work, lol.) and she was so happy she got to see me and my little country house.

Anyway- I was up and at'em at 8:30 (which is early for me ;-)
-washed all the dishes, dripped dry and put away
-started a crockpot split pea soup for lunch/dinner
-cleaned the bathrooms/kitchen/living room/bedroom to a presentable status
-fella baked chocolate chip cookies for our company!
- did my nails
- feed/watered the chickens (they're still laying!)
- built 3 fires over the course of the day to try and get this house warm enough.. still pretty cold in here though
- did a load of white laundry, folded and put away yesterday's wash, and hung today's.
-started to tidy and put away christmas presents.
-watered houseplants

Whew! Think I'll go get a cup of hot chocolate and relax for awhile.

Hope all you farmgirls with colds feel better soon!

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  1:19:23 PM  Show Profile
What a timely thread topic, I just finished posting new entry & picture of my Christmas gift from my son on my k-falls site, I was up at 6:30 read a while about saving seeds,I threw in a load of laundry, took a shower, prepared a roasting chicken for dinner with some spicey rubs we got for christmas and started working on my Valentine Projects. Popped in here to see what was happening.. and now I will go fold laundry and check back later.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  2:38:56 PM  Show Profile
My last post, I was on my way to kick back and watch a football game. Well, that didn't last long. #1 son called to remind his Dad that bull riding was on. So I gave up the big TV in the living room (no not a big screen, just bigger than the other 3). I had the football game on in the kitchen but got busy and didn't watch it. So I washed, dried and folded a load of cloths, swept the kitchen floor, spot cleaned the living room, swept and dusted around the fireplace, sorted junk mail that was in the livingroom, gathered up trash so Ole Ron could take the trash cart down to the road for morning p.u., filled Ron's and my pill bottles for the week with scripts and vitamins and watered my 2 big pointsettias that have to be watered in the bathtub. Now I'll go start on supper. Not too much going on there. Left over chicken tenders, potato cakes from leftover mashed potatoes and I'll do a stirfry with carrot, celery, onion, bell pepper, broc and cauliflower. Same stuff that went in our salad last night except I used all the lettuce. Hope I can get the dishes done so it won't be on the top of my list tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  2:40:51 PM  Show Profile
In addition to the first list:
moved clothes to dryer (wish I had a clothes line maybe spring).
washed a load of rugs and dog towels
folded another load of towels
put them away
Put a tri-tip in the crock pot for supper.
spent 15 min cleaning my junk room soon to be Paul's big boy room.
Spent 15 min cleaning my laundry room/ mud room.
helped Paul clean up the toy room. What a disaster! I am tempted to give away all toys with more than one piece to them.
Now I am going to take a nap while Paul is sleeping so maybe I can start to feel better.
Toodles
Becky

Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  2:42:43 PM  Show Profile
oops forgot... I fed my critters... goat, horses, cats, dog, and fish. Can't forget them:)

Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  3:00:23 PM  Show Profile
Well I have gotten some stuff done even though I am not very motivated.
I have:
Washed 4 loads of laundry, dried 3 loads and folded 2.
Changed the sheets on our bed.
Vacuumed the bathroom and computer room
Done the dishes.
Tidied the kitchen, including clearing the kitchen table of clutter.
Ironed tablecloths and dishtowels.
Shoveled and swept the snow from on/around my car
I have also played 4 different types of solitaire and won every one quickly - if that isn't a message to get off my butt and do something constructive I don't know what is:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  3:33:20 PM  Show Profile

It was a wonderful warm sunny day; up to 30 degrees! made breakfast; took a ride to look at the scenery; cleaned the kitchen; bedroom, did two loads of laundry, cut DH's hair; made supper; did dishes again; and brought our neighbor some potatoes and had a short visit. The night is still young!
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  08:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Okay so yesterday I also cleaned the bathroom, finished sewing an apron, made some homemade rolls and did the dishes again.

Today - Just starting:)
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:42:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have:

Woke up at 3:30am to a toddler with vomiting flu
Washed 3-4 loads of laundry
Folded a load of laundry
Washed a load of dishes
Cleaned up our storage basement a little bit
Washed 2 more loads of dishes
put away groceries
Washed another load of dishes (I swear they never end...just like laundry)
Put in another load into the washer
fixed my keyboard after Nora ripped off a few more keys.
Folded at least 3 loads worth of laundry (probably more)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 05 2009 1:52:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:52:37 AM  Show Profile
Today I have
ran a load of dishes
cleaned the kitchen
made 10 napkins (while using up part of my stash)
packed up some of our Christmas items

ETA I forgot I got my daughter breakfast, made her lunch, and walked her to school

If I could get rid of this dang cough....I would feel a tad more motivated

Edited by - ThePixiesPlayhouse on Jan 05 2009 11:39:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  10:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday, I also worked in the yard for 1 hr. did another load of laundry and folded another. Made supper. Cleared away supper and the dishes and shined my sink. I also worked out for 1hr. I wouldn't have done this without the Wii fit. It makes it sooo much fun. I am so competitive it is rediculous. I wouldn't make a good gambler because if I do poorly I am always saying "1 more time" like 50 times. If I was gambling I would be sooo broke I would be pawning all my junk to keep playing. That is why I go to Reno to EAT! Not gamble. Sorry got off topic.
Yesterday was pretty productive.
Today so far:
Got up, ate breakfast, fed Paul, Checked MJF, Took a shower, stripped bed, washing first load of laundry, Gonna go tend critters and go grocery shopping:-P Making leftover tri-tip sandwiches for lunch and bacon eggs and fried potatoes for supper. I think I will have to work out again after these meals.
Have a great day!
Toodles
Becky

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  10:19:07 AM  Show Profile
Today I took the dog into the "Hot paws spa.." for his winter do.
Went to the post office
Stopped at the mechanic ( may car is leaking oil badly) will take it in for repair later today. could be expensive grrrroan.
Prepared my menu items for dinner
Called my daughter wished her Happy Birthday left message on her machine as today is her first day student teaching 5th grade!Today she is 38years old.. *(that makes me kinda old..)
Folded load of clothes and put in another to wash. Now going to wrap up my Valentine swap items and start on the cards for the exchange.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou

Edited by - K-Falls Farmgirl on Jan 05 2009 10:20:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  10:35:07 AM  Show Profile
Alee - I hope NOra is feeling better soon! For both of your sakes...
Today I have
- Washed a load of laundry
- Put beans to soak
- Finished a cowgirl skirt
- Cut out two tutu jean skirts
- Fed the critters

I'm still under the weather - hope this ends soon! I have to walk to the P.O. today sometime to mail some stuff out. That'll take all my energy I'm sure!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  11:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
So far today I have:

gotten the kids off to school
washed the dishes
swept the kitchen floor
made the bed
dusted the living room
vacuumed the living room
put the dishes away
taken the dog out at least three times
had my weekly Bible study
now I'm waiting on Jeremy so we can go get some lunch

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:35:53 PM  Show Profile
All I've done today is looked through my recipe box for my 30 day cake recipe and ended up cleaning it out. Threw away all the old magazine ones that I will never use. Just kept all the old ones and hand written ones. So that was a good thing.

So now I'm making the 30 day cake! They're all in the oven and it smells SO good in there.

Now I should probably fix some dinner for me and Kansas. She's been here all day, too. Oh, I did empty the dishwasher. And called the slaughter house about these pigs. Yeah! they will come get them!!!! I am so exited about that.

And I unloaded 12 50lb bags of grain that's been in the car since Sat. And pulled up turnips out of the garden. My goodness, I thought I had not done alot, but when I think about everything, it adds up. So I have not been all that lazy today after all.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:07:27 PM  Show Profile
Today I've done 4 loads of laundry.
Tore my kitchen countertops apart. I pitched a lot of stuff I don't use anymore and now have more counterspace.
Ran errands to the bank and Target.
Knit a little on a scarf I'm making my granddaughter for her birthday.
Did dishes.
Fed critters their breakfast & then dinner.
Took a bath.
Going to make spaghetti for dinner.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:15:06 PM  Show Profile
wowsers, we are one big load of busy gals!!!

My back was hurting but:
I folded laundrty and did two loads
I grocery shopped and put all away
touched up the paint on scratched woodwork all over the house
removed a weather strip on the bottom of our back door and touched that up...it was scratching the hardwood
undid the last of my holiday decs - took down the mantle garland and embellishments
then spent like an hour deciding what to put on my mantle now
wrote the last of my thank you notes for Christmas
swept the back porch
did some emails for a non-proifit I am president of
made some phone calls
swiffered the floors
it is a now little after five, and I think I will stop.

Hubby is out of town and I do not have to cook! Yippee!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 05 2009 2:16:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  3:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doesn't it feel great to list it all out and see how productive you were?! I love it!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  6:40:43 PM  Show Profile
Alright, I'm a bit embarrassed!!!!

Today I: MADE DINNER....

yep that was all I did at home today. I did go to work and went to the gym as well...however, I told myself today when I got home...I was just going to make dinner then enjoy my beautiful world with DH and DS. And that is totally what I did! Had a blast, watched WALL.E...It was so cute.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/

Edited by - simplyflowers on Jan 05 2009 6:45:12 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What we have done today- Come Share with us! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page