Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Body wash causing cancer?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Body wash causing cancer? Next Topic  

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  07:09:08 AM  Show Profile
I overheard this woman in the store telling her dd's that she saw a program about how body washes contain something that has been shown to cause cancer.

Anyone know if this is true or not? I've "googled" but I don't know if what I've found is from a reputable source.

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  07:25:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Thursday, February 8, 2007
Contacts: Kevin Donegan or Marisa Walker, Breast Cancer Fund, (415) 346-8223; Stacy Malkan, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, (202) 321-6963; David Steinman, author, “Safe Trip to Eden,” (310) 403-6995; Sheila Huettl, Freedom Press, (800) 959-9797.

Cancer-causing Chemical Found in Children's Bath Products

Women’s Shampoos and Body Wash also Contaminated

WASHINGTON — A hidden cancer-causing petrochemical has been found in dozens of children’s bath products and adults’ personal care products, in some cases at levels that are more than twice the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s lenient recommended maximum.

Laboratory tests released today revealed the presence of 1,4-Dioxane in products such as Hello Kitty Bubble Bath, Huggies Baby Wash, Johnson’s Baby Wash, Scooby-Doo Bubble Bath and Sesame Street Bubble Bath. The tests also found the carcinogen in Clairol Herbal Essences shampoo, Olay Complete Body Wash and many other personal care products.

1,4-Dioxane is a petroleum-derived contaminant considered a probable human carcinogen by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and a clear-cut animal carcinogen by the National Toxicology Program. It is also on California’s Proposition 65 list of chemicals known or suspected by the state to cause cancer or birth defects. Because it is a contaminant produced during manufacturing, the FDA does not require it to be listed as an ingredient on product labels.

The problem of 1,4-Dioxane contamination in personal care products is highlighted in a new book, “Safe Trip to Eden: Ten Steps to Save the Planet Earth from the Global Warming Meltdown,” by David Steinman. The laboratory results were released jointly today at the National Press Club by Steinman and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, a coalition of U.S.-based health and environmental groups working to protect cosmetics consumers from toxic chemicals and hold companies accountable for the safety of their products.

“Regrettably, 1,4-Dioxane contamination is just the tip of the iceberg,” said Jeanne Rizzo, R.N., executive director of the Breast Cancer Fund, a founding member of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. “Because the FDA does not require cosmetics products to be approved as safe before they are sold, companies can put unlimited amounts of toxic chemicals in cosmetics.”

Steinman said parents should be outraged that companies are willing to spend a significant amount of money on entertainment licensing agreements that entice children but won’t spend pennies to remove contaminants such as 1,4-Dioxane.

“Consumers who have young children, as I do, have the right to expect the highest purity in children’s products,” Steinman said. “I call on American consumers to say no to dangerous petrochemicals in their children’s cosmetic and personal care products.”

Contrary to what many consumers may believe, the FDA does not review or regulate cosmetics products or ingredients for safety before they are sold to the public and has no legal authority to require safety assessments of cosmetics.

Devra Lee Davis, professor of epidemiology and director of the Center for Environmental Oncology at the University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, said that the usual regulatory approach of assessing risk one chemical at a time does not account for the combined effects of very low levels of hidden contaminants in personal care products and from other sources. “We must lower exposures to controllable agents that we know or suspect cause cancer,” she said.

The FDA has been measuring 1,4-Dioxane levels since 1979, but because the agency has little authority or enforcement capacity over the cosmetics industry, it has worked with manufacturers to reduce levels on a voluntary basis only. In 2000, the FDA recommended that cosmetic products should not contain 1,4-Dioxane at concentrations greater than 10 ppm (parts per million); yet some 15 percent of products tested exceeded even these lenient guidelines. This limit, however, also does not take into account that babies exposed to 1,4-Dioxane from baby shampoo may be exposed at the same time to 1,4-Dioxane from bubble bath, body wash and many other products.

More than two dozen products were tested at Steinman’s request by West Coast Analytical Service, an independent testing laboratory specializing in trace chemical analysis. Among the products tested:

Product
Baby & Children’s Consumer Products

1,4-Dioxane
concentration
Disney Clean as Can Bee Hair & Body Wash (Water Jel Technologies) 8.8 ppm
Disney Pixar Cars Piston Cup Bubble Bath (MZB Personal Care) 2.2 ppm
Gerber Grins & Giggles Gentle & Mild Aloe Vera Baby Shampoo 8.4 ppm
Hello Kitty Bubble Bath (Kid Care) 12 ppm*
Huggies Baby Wash Shea Butter 4.0 ppm
Huggies Natural Care Baby Wash Extra Gentle and Tear Free 4.2 ppm
Johnson’s Head-to-Toe Baby Wash (Johnson & Johnson) 5.3 ppm to 6.1 ppm
Johnson’s Kids Tigger Bath Bubbles (Johnson & Johnson) 5.6 ppm to 7.9 ppm
Johnson’s Kids Shampoo Watermelon Explosion (Johnson & Johnson) 10 ppm*
Lil’ Bratz Mild Bubble Bath (Kid Care) 3.7 ppm
L’Oreal Kids Orange Mango Smoothie Shampoo 2.0 ppm
Mr. Bubble Bubble Bath Gentle Formula with Aloe 1.5 ppm
Rite-Aid Tearless Baby Shampoo 4.3 ppm
Scooby-Doo Mild Bubble Bath (Kid Care) 3.0 ppm
Sesame Street Wet Wild Watermelon Bubble Bath (The Village Company) 7.4 ppm

Adult Consumer Products
Clairol Herbal Essences Rainforest Flowers Shampoo 23 ppm*
Olay Complete Body Wash with Vitamins (normal skin) 23 ppm*
Suave Naturals Passion Flower 2.0 ppm
*Product was at or above FDA maximum

Steinman’s book explains what Americans can do today to be “green patriots” and curb the nation’s dependency on foreign oil. The new laboratory results reveal the health risks posed by the same petrochemicals that are part of what he calls the nation’s growing oil addiction.

Women and girls use an average of 12 personal care products daily, according to a 2004 survey conducted by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics. The Environmental Working Group's interactive product safety guide, Skin Deep, allows consumers to find products free of common carcinogenic impurities like 1,4-Dioxane.

# # #

Founding members of the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics include Alliance for a Healthy Tomorrow, Breast Cancer Fund, Commonweal, Friends of the Earth, Women's Voices for the Earth, Environmental Working Group, National Black Environmental Justice Network and the National Environmental Trust. For more information and background on the campaign, and a link to the Environmental Working Group’s “Skin Deep” database of cosmetics product safety, visit www.safecosmetics.org. To learn more about “Safe Trip to Eden: Ten Steps to Save the Planet Earth from the Global Warming Meltdown” by David Steinman, call Sheila Huettl at (323) 208-2629.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  07:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That news release was found at : http://www.breastcancerfund.org/site/pp.asp?c=kwKXLdPaE&b=2483603

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  07:47:54 AM  Show Profile
I heard that anything with Methylparaben or anything that ends in paraben, is cancer-causing, esp. in young children. I don't know if Alee's post had that in it. Didn't see the actual word there. So buying organic, natural lotions, shampoos and body washes or making your own, is the best way to go here.

I just looked on one of my favorite B&B Works lotions. They have listed lots of good sounding ingre. but there is the Methylparaben a little ways down the huge list. So out all their stuff goes.

A friend of mine just started making lotions and soaps. She's working on a moisturizer and shampoos. I wish she'd hurry up!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Jan 03 2009 07:49:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  08:36:45 AM  Show Profile
I to stay away from anything with parabens, and SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate).

Did you know they even put SLS in toothpaste? Yuck!
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Since these concerns were a major motivator for my choice of skincare product to carry in my store, in order for me to be able to tell customers about how important the natural products I carry are, I did my own research, and came up with the following information which I posted on my myspace page:

BHA (butylated hydroxyanisole) and BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene) - According the the MSDS, it considered Hazardous in case of skin contact (irritant), of eye contact (irritant), of inhalation (lung irritant

ceteareth: works by attracting both water and oil at the same time, frequently used as emulsifiers in soaps and cosmetics. Classified as a Penetration Enhancer - alters skin structure allowing chemicals to penetrate deeper into the skin. It also increases the amount of toxins that reach the bloodstream. Source - US Government

Polydimethylsiloxane - It is occasionally called dimethicone and is one of several types of silicone oil. Its applications range from contact lenses and medical devices, in shampoos (as dimethicone makes hair shiny and slippery), caulking, lubricating oils and heat resistant tiles. No why would you put something in your hair that we use for industrial uses? Hmm..probably because it's cheap. Although it has been concluded to be safe, it's still disgusting.

dea (diethanolamine) ingredients - DEA, is an organic chemical compound which is both a secondary amine and a dialcohol. DEA and its variants are suspected of increasing the risk of cancer. DEA can combine with amines present in cosmetic formulations to form nitrosamines (N-nitrosodiethanolamine), which are known to be highly carcinogenic.[2] Studies also show that DEA directly inhibits fetal brain development in mice by blocking the absorption of choline, a nutrient required for brain development and maintenance.[3] DEA is also associated with miscarriages in laboratory studies. DEA is combustable, and corrosive to the eyes.

Imidazalidinyl urea & Diazolidinyl urea: is an antimicrobial preservative used in cosmetics. It is chemically related to imidazolidinyl urea which is used in the same way. Diazolidinyl urea acts as a formaldehyde releaser, and is sometimes used in cosmetic products as a preservative. It was recently re-classified by the International Agency for Research on Cancer to its highest toxic class, IARC 1 (known human carcinogen).

laureth family (sodium lauryl sulfate, any ingredient with laureth or lauryl in the name) - Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) or sodium dodecyl sulfate is an surfactant(synthetic detergent) that is used in industrial products including engine degreasers, floor cleaners, and car wash soaps; as well as in household products such as toothpastes, shampoos, shaving foams, some dissolvable aspirins, fiber therapy caplets, and also in bubble baths for its thickening effect and its ability to create a lather. SLS may cause a number of skin problems (also known as dermatitis), with some people being affected more than others. SLS in toothpaste may cause aphthous ulcers, commonly referred to in some countries as canker sores. However, some studies find no connection between SLS in toothpaste and mouth ulcers. When handling SLS in its solid form use extreme caution; the compound easily particalizes into the air. If inhaled, it can cause a serious choking hazard

mineral oil - or liquid petroleum is a by-product in the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline, That's right, it is a derivative of crude oil. Please don't put this on your babies! Mineral oil is a commonly-found ingredient in baby lotions, cold creams, ointments and low-grade cosmetics as an alternative to more expensive oils.

parabens-petro-chemicals (methyl, propyl, etc. paraben family) - Parabens are a group of chemicals widely used as preservatives in cosmetics. One scientific study reports that parabens were found in samples of breast tumors. The validity of this study's conclusions have been debated in the scientific literature. The American Cancer Society has concluded that there is no good scientific evidence to support a claim that use of cosmetics such as antiperspirants increase an individual's risk of developing breast cancer. These concerns have led to a significant shift from their usage by natural personal care companies seeking alternatives.

paraffin wax is found in Fuels, Paints, Pigments, Dyes and Inks, It is in Laxatives. It is used in toiletries and cosmetics as a moisturiser or emollient. And can be found as the shiny coating used in candy-making; although edible, it is nondigestible

peg ingredients - Polyethylene glycol or ethylene glycol is an alcohol with two groups (a diol), a chemical compound widely used as an automotive antifreeze. It is the basis of a number of laxatives (e.g. macrogol-containing products such as Movicol and polyethylene glycol 3350, or MiraLax or GlycoLax). It is the basis of many skin creams, as cetomacrogol

Petroleum jelly, petrolatum or soft paraffin is a semi-solid mixture of hydrocarbons originally promoted as a topical ointment for its healing properties. Petrolatum is flammable and although it is less expensive than glycerol, the most common active lubricating ingredient in skin lotion, it is not used in expensive lotions, because it is not absorbed into the skin, resulting in a greasy feel.

Phenoxyethanol - Harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. May cause reproductive defects. Severe eye and skin irritant. Source: http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/PH/2-phenoxyethanol.html

propylene glycol - A penetration enhancer, it can grab hold of other chemicals and deposit them deep in your skin. PROPYLENE GLYCOL is used in: Anti-Freeze * Brake and Hydraulic Fluid * De-Icer * Paints and Coatings * Floor Wax * Laundry Detergents * Pet Food * Tobacco * Cosmetics * Toothpastes * Shampoos * Deodorants * Lotions * Processed Foods!! Studies have shown SYSTEMIC retention Propylene Glycol is a chemical found in most beauty products. better penetration through the skin than glycerin. It is a solvent and carries other substances through the skin and into the body. It also acts as a humectant. In 1992 the FDA proposed it be banned, but never enacted the ban.

Talc -Talc finds use as a cosmetic (talcum powder), as a lubricant, and as a filler in paper manufacture. Talc is used in baby powder, an astringent powder used for preventing rashes on the area covered by a diaper. Several studies have established preliminary links between talc and pulmonary issues,[2] lung cancer,[3][4] skin cancer and ovarian cancer. In 1993, a US National Toxicology Program report found that cosmetic grade talc caused tumours in animals, even though it contained no asbestos-like fibres. Scientists have been aware of the toxicity of talc since the late 1960s, and in 1971 researchers found particles of talc embedded in 75 percent of the ovarian tumors

triethanolamine ingredients - This ingredient is used as a pH balancer in cosmetic preparations in a variety of different products - ranging from skin lotion, eye gels, moisturizers, shampoos, shaving foams etc. TEA is listed under Schedule 3, part B of the Chemical Weapons Convention as it can be used in the manufacture of nitrogen mustards.

Quaternium -15 - is a quaternary ammonium salt used as a preservative in many cosmetics and industrial substances. It acts as a formaldehyde releaser. It is an allergen and can cause contact dermatitis, a symptom of an allergic reaction, especially in those with sensitive skin, on an infant's skin, or on sensitive areas such as the genitals. It is also known as methanamine 3.

Tetrasodium EDTA - EDTA is mostly synthesised from 1,2-diaminoethane (ethylenediamine), formaldehyde (methanal), water and sodium cyanide. YES, that says EDTA comes from formaldehyde and cyanide!!! It is used in Personal care products and cosmetics to improve product stability. It is also used in recycling to remove lead from batteries. EDTA is not degraded or removed during conventional wastewater treatment without the proper adjustment to the pH during processing.

According to a recent report from The NPD Group(National Purchase Diary - a marketing research firm) , 90 percent of U.S. women over 18 use fragrances, makeup or skin care products. Of those, over 40 percent prefer natural products. However, finding those products can be difficult: The Environmental Working Group (EWG), based in Washington, D.C., reported that 383 ingredients used in cosmetics available in the U.S. are banned in other countries, and 447 ingredients were deemed unsafe even when used as directed.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=415365228&blogID=437867106

Edited by - MsCwick on Jan 03 2009 09:04:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile
I knew there was a reason I make my own bath stuff. Usually it's honey and baking soda combined in a scrub. As long as I feel clean when I'm finished showering, I'm good.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  09:07:44 AM  Show Profile
This is why I started making soap, butters/lotions, and scrub for my family. I use shampoo that a friend makes, with none of the above ingredients. yuck!
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2881 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2881 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  09:25:06 AM  Show Profile
Try using only water to clean the body. It does just fine, & does not strip the body of its natural oils, resulting in more even overall skin tone. We are so brainwashed by the soap ads & their companies that it seems hard to believe, but my gyn told me this & I have not used soap in about 15 years. Even if I get fresh smelling from a day in the garden or goat barn, water will remove the smell. Just scrub those pits with H2O!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  06:33:51 AM  Show Profile
After reading this last night I got a little scared. I have been using Vaseline for years to take off my mascara. So that's going out, too. And last night I tried just using some goat milk soap on certain areas and nothing else. I feel clean. And I have some "Kiss My Face" patchouli (my very favorite scent) deodorant that I had gotten this summer but it didn't do a thing for me then, that I will use now til I can find something a little stronger for working outside. I just cannot go without using something in the ole armpits. People react really awful to people who do not use deodorant around here.

And my hubby has been having problems with his gums, too. After seeing something about the toothpaste I got to wondering about the false teeth soaking stuff he uses. That may be causing the sores in his mouth. So I need to look for an organic solution for him now.

So why are all these manufacturers trying to kill us all??? Don't they see what they're doing is wrong? Or are they just so concerned about making a buck that they just don't care anymore? Geeze, it just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

Kris

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  06:45:23 AM  Show Profile
What a list!

I'm going to print it out and take a look at what I've got here. I know I don't have any of the kids type stuff. But the list of ingredients I do need to look at my personal items.

It does seem like their trying to just make a buck and not care. Bath & body works has this woman's line - Cancer Vixen = I wonder what the ingredients are in that product. http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/sm-cancer-vixen-shop--ci-3215073_cp-2484525.html I received a $30.00 gift card for B & B works too. Can I buy anything there?

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  10:15:08 AM  Show Profile
This is the exact reason I started making soap and bath products. I read ingredient labels on everything! If I had to go back to commercial products I'd just use water. The manufacturers are concerned with making a buck - period! Plus it is easier and cheaper for them to use synthetic ingredients and chemicals. Read the labels on the products you want to buy - if you can't pronounce it you probably don't want to use it.

I don't like to use parabens. However, there are applications where they need to be used as a preservative. There are paraben free preservatives but it depends on what you are making as to what you can use. In handmade items the percentage is so small - sometimes .05% to 1% - that the benefits far outweigh the risk. The nasty bacteria that would grow inside a product you would use without a preservative would be far worse than the preservative. I will use paraben free when I can. Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now - LOL!

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100

Edited by - therusticcottage on Jan 04 2009 10:24:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile
I just threw out all the "bad" stuff in my bathroom. There is a whole big trash bag full of it. I need to go upstairs in the kids bath and get all that out of there, too. There will ba another trash bag full up there. That's so much money I'm throwing away. At first I thought I could put some things in the yard sale pile, but then I thought if it's bad for me no one should use this stuff. So out it goes.

It really felt good to do this. Now all that's in my bathroom are organic or homemade stuff.

Kris

Go to Top of Page

sweetproserpina
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

meg
Vinemount Ontario
Canada
535 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  2:58:49 PM  Show Profile
Don't forget your makeup too.
I switched this past year to everyday minerals mineral makeup and my skin has never been/looked better. No chemicals, no oil byproducts, no talc.. Soo great!
www.everydayminerals.com

"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world."
http://quaintandkeepinghouse.blogspot.com New Homekeeping Blog!
http://theprimroseway.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  12:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Oh gee, anohter thing to worry about.
I cannot take baths only showers
How do I make homemade body shower gels? Pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:13:52 PM  Show Profile
Shoot. I've gone natural/organic on so many items, but haven't given up the huggie baby wipes yet. Do you think they have dioxane? I just got a new pack too!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
www.forresterfarm.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:05:27 PM  Show Profile
I saw a homemade baby wipes recipe somewhere. I'll look for it. It's gotta be around here somewhere. Maybe someone else has one.

I made astringent before Christmas. I love it so far. You take 8 oz. of witch hazel and 2 Tables. licorice powder. Mix and let set 5 days, shaking daily. Then strain the mix and add I think 4 drops of lemon essential oil, 5 drops sandlewood EO and 4 drops patchouli EO. Shake well and use with cleansing pads. It smells really good, too. Now I need homemade a moisturizer.

Kris

Kris

Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  07:49:45 AM  Show Profile
A long time ago I started looking at the ingredients in both makeup and things we put on our skin. I kept saying to my husband " The skin is the largest organ on our body. This stuff is entering our blood stream through our pores". So I use 100% organic aloe vera gel for removing makeup and as a skin conditioner. I also use witch hazel as a toner. Make yourself infused vinegar splashes for different skin treatments. It can actually be cheaper to go natural if you choose the right products and make some of your own.

How about we share some homemade cosmetic recipes for simple body and face care?

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  03:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Don't forget BHA and BHT are also found in some moistened pet foods!

Read your labels!!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Body wash causing cancer? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page