Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  03:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday after I got home from running errands I was just completely wiped out. Got Nora in bed for a nap and then I went to bed and fell asleep for about an hour. I wish I could have kept sleeping but I had to go get Doug from work. By the time we got home my whole body was aching, I must have had a fever because I turned out floor furnaces up full blast as soon as Nora went to bed (to dangerous to have them up very hot when she is walking around) and they burned hot for at least 5 hours. All that time I just couldn't get warm. I even put more blankets on the bed.

And of course my stomach was upset and I couldn't eat anything yesterday hardly at all. To make it worse the other half of my digestion was a bit too active. I know I should be drinking a lot of water right now but even that doesn't sound appealing. Plus our shower won't turn off so we have to go down in to the dungeon of our basement to turn off the water main when ever someone isn't using the water.

I am hoping it is only a 24 hour thing as Doug is home today so if I can just seclude myself- maybe no one else will get sick and I can get better.

Right now I wish I was back at my mom's house so I could soak in a hot tub of water...our house only has a shower.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  06:38:40 AM  Show Profile
Poor thing. I do hope you are able to rest today and get away from Nora and Doug.

Sending you hugs from very far away b/c I don't want to get the flu. I am just getting over a very bad sore throat and fever myself so I know how ya feel. So get well soon!

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  06:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kristin!

Right now my head aches...well my whole body aches, but I was able to get back to sleep on the couch after my husband woke me up coming to bed at 4am! ugh. I thought he was being considerate and sleeping on the couch...but I guess he had been doing well in a poker tournament online and was finishing that up.

I was able to eat about half an orange for breakfast- so maybe if I keep small amounts of mild things in my stomach I will feel better soon.

I hope you feel better too Kristin!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  06:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Don't forget to rub those feet with Vicks and put on socks. Also, I buy those whole fruit bars and eat those all day. They give you nourishment and cool you down. I also freeze grapes and suck on them and water, water, water....and did I mention water!>! Hope you feel better.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  07:06:55 AM  Show Profile
The stomach flu is running rampant around here. My son came down with it New Year's Day...couldn't even keep water down. Then hubby came down with it the next day. Lots of people I know have it or are just getting over it, and it seems lots of people at church have it now. It seems to be lasting 24-48 hours.

So far I've managed to dodge the bullet and I hope it stays that way!

I sure hope everyone who has it gets better soon!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  07:07:10 AM  Show Profile
If your stomach is still upset, try some flat ginger ale. You don't want the carbonation on an upset stomach and the ginger will help calm it down and you'll be getting some fluids, too. If you don't have ginger ale, peppermint in water does the same thing. If the other end of your digestive system is working overtime, DON'T eat/drink ANY dairy products. That only makes it worse. Bananas will help to slow it down.

Hope you feel better soon!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

PlumCreekMama
True Blue Farmgirl

730 Posts

Heather
Iowa
USA
730 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  07:22:12 AM  Show Profile
Alee- I've got it to, so I feel your pain! Tate got it at Christmas. The throwing up only lasted a day, but the diarreah took several days longer. Sullivan and my hubby got it a few days later, same thing. I got it about 5 days ago, no vomiting, but constant of the other. I am wiped! I can't stand up very long because my stomach hurts! Hot mint tea has made me feel better somewhat. I hope you feel better soon!

http://plumcreekmama.blogspot.com/

http://plumcreekcreations.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  09:26:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! Luckily I seem to be getting through this without throwing up- just the diarrhea I hate throwing almost worse than anything else that my body can do to me. I was so thankful when I didn't throw up during labor with Nora!

My head still aches and if I am active for very long I get really wiped out, but I can already tell I feel better than yesterday! I hope you start feeling better Heather!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Buffalomary
True Blue Farmgirl

199 Posts

Mary
Caldwell ID
USA
199 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  4:46:18 PM  Show Profile
A good diet to follow for the diarrhea from the flu is often referred to as the B.R.A.T. diet: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast/Tea. Be careful of adding a lot of spices (such as cinnamon on the applesauce) and eating frequent small meals is better than a few large ones. Also getting plenty of fluids is very important. A person doesn't realize how quickly they can become dehydrated! The above menu is easy for the body to digest and adds fiber which will add bulk to the bowels and should help in slowing down the quick-exit process.

Hang in there, Alee - will be praying for you!

Buffalomary
Farmgirl Sister #293

You can take the farmer's daughter off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the farmer's daughter!!

Please visit me at my blog: http://buffalomaryscorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  12:50:28 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to you AlLee.
Try hot tea with honey. That is about all I can get down when I am that sick.
I am glad it isn't the stomach flu I had.
I thought I was dying it was so painfull
I hope you get better soon
Drink plenty of liquids and eat some chicken soup.
Hugs to you. Pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:28:28 PM  Show Profile
Sorry you're not feeling well. John and I went down to Yellowstone all day yesterday. Hope you are feeling better today. Call me if you need something while Doug is at work.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic The Flu Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page