Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  11:39:38 PM  Show Profile
CALICO CUZINS

CLORISE

CLORINDA

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  11:43:02 PM  Show Profile

AGGEDY'S

ANNA MAE

ANNA LISE

ANNA BELLE

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  04:51:34 AM  Show Profile
These dolls are so cute, I wrote to try and claim one, Hope I get one!!
Nancy JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  07:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Beth adopted Clorise ..
Rose adopted Suzie ..
Nancy Jo adopted Sally
xoxo

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Feb 03 2006 08:06:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  10:10:09 AM  Show Profile
I love the fact that there are so many ways that we can fix the dollies faces & hair and their clothes. I really appreciate you posting pics, Frannie, so that we can all get ideas. Your dolls are just beautiful. Thank you so much.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  11:19:51 AM  Show Profile
Oh drat, I emailed to adopt Susie, but see she has gone. :( Nancy Jo, If you find Susie, gets too much of a hand ful, especially, those teen years, send her to New Zeland for some time out. :)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  12:39:10 PM  Show Profile
NOW HELEN, I HAVE SALLY COMMING TO LIVE WITH ME, YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT IN AS FORSTER MOTHER AT ROSE'S HOUSE, SHE HAS SUSIE. ITS SO HARD TO KEEP TRACK OF ALL THESE CHILDREN, THEY ARE RUNNING AROUND EVERYWHERE.!!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  1:56:14 PM  Show Profile
ya'll are so funny! i love it .. you're in that dolly spirit world! by the way .. Susie and Sally have HUMAN hair! NO! i didn't scalp a blonde for it .. or cut my own (bleached) blonde to get it .. was at Jeffrey's Antiques Mall in Ohio (largest antiques shoppe in ohio and .. oh happy day .. i have to pass it going and come to ohio and back home! found a big basket of 'wig' FALLS .. HA! remember those! they were only two bucks each .. sure wish i'd gotten some RED ones! next time i go to ohio .. you can believe i'll stop back by and see if they are still there! i love it! i have some blonde left and will be make some more blondies soon.

i'm finishing up four more right now .. think i might give them 'broomstick' hair cuz' they are pretty primitive!

honey hunk and i are going out to dinner to a PLAY (Huckleberry Finn) tonight. We have gotten season tickets to two different play groups about an hour from us.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  6:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Think that Sally, maybe be a bit of a rascal, I am sure she told me she was off to your house Nancy!!Ok Rose, foster Mum here whenever needed.;)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  9:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Miss Frannie, I can hardly wait! Plezzzzzzzzz hurry. Your dollies are soooo cute I want to make my own. My daughters and nieces all have old fashion names. My plan is to make one for each of them with their names. Emily, Emma, Molly, Hannah, Grace, and Dylan, though we call her Dilly. Looking forward to the pattern.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2006 :  10:47:24 PM  Show Profile
Well now ya gone & done it Frannie! Seein' all those darlin' girls lined up gave me the fever! I'm itchin' to get stitchin'. Where do I sign up? :)
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  12:49:58 PM  Show Profile
jus' e-mail me miz rhonda .. and i'll add ya' to the list and will send you a body pattern. oh yeah!!!!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  1:33:28 PM  Show Profile
i've started addressing the envelopes .. hope to finish by tomorrow night .. and get them in the mail on monday! oh yeah!!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile
julia .. LOVE your children's names!!!!! i think if i had 6 little girls .. that is JUST what i would name them (adore DILLY!) great dolly names too!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  2:06:31 PM  Show Profile

The Stephens Sisters
(that is how my maiden name (STEVENS) .. was spelled when my ancestors came to America from England .. but they were always called STEP-HENS .. so .. someone along the way just upped and changed the spelling. (Albeit i'm quite sure never 'legally')!

ANNA LEE is the 'mothering sort' and watches over all the other chilluns at the orphanage. She never, ever puts herself first. Although not the eldest .. she is indeed the momma-figure and the other girls look up to her. This nurturing manner will last her lifetime.

BETTY is the first-born and is the dreamy-eyed romantic of all the girls .. She does not yet know it but she is destined to marry twice in life, have two little ones .. who will not live to adulthood.
Betty will eventually go blind but will always have a warm spirit both as a child and as an adult. she loves to give smiles and big hugs to all she meets.

Little EMMA SPOTSWOOD ... we believe she got her middle name from an early Virginia Governor. the 'runt of the litter' .. little emma is tiny and fragile looking .. but don't be fooled by her size ... she is not only the 'brains' of the family .. she will become a powerful woman .. a loving mother and will be admired and respected by many!

NELLIE will marry a military man when she is grown. They will have
two children .. tragedy will come into her life .. but she will be strong and grow closer and closer to her husband as the years pass by.

The Stephens Sisters are up for adoption .. but would love to 'keep in touch' with each other .. by letter or phone .. or even with a surprize visit!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile
Dang, they are cute!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  4:27:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh I would love Emma Spotwood. Me being the runt also, I am sure we would have alot in common, not to mention the brains ;)
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  7:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Frannie!!! Do you ever sleep??!!

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile
mz helen .. jus' e-mail me .. and we'll figger out how to get little emma to your home. have to tell you a little more about emma. she is the youngest of 9 children .. and is one of the two aunts that 'raised' my brother, sister and me. i SO admire her! she is 85 years old .. and has always been my 'rock'. my nannie (the other aunt (Anna Lee) that raised us would get upset fairly easily and would from time to time exclaim: dooooooo jeeeezuz! .. and i would immediately look at my auntie em and see the 'calm' on her face. even though, their might have been a cause for alarm .. she knew she had to keep a 'strong and calm' face on for the children. i love her dearly! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  7:12:08 PM  Show Profile
ha! yes darlin' mary .. i do sleep .. but i sure wish i could figure out a 'cure' for it! think of all the extra HOURS we would have in our lifetime if we didn't have to sleep! but then .. the way we are 'configgered' .. that sleep rejuvenates us .. for a big, full day the next day!

and you're NOT going to believe this .. but I stuffed 12 more dolly bodies tonight while watching 'Silence of the Lambs'.

honey hunk and i went to town to see our local high school's 'homecoming' basketball games (girls team and boys team) .. only to discover that because of a smattering of snowflakes .. they CANCELLED it .. soo .. we went 'out on the town' .. and had dinner at our local Dairy Queen! Checked to see what was playing at the movies in the next town over .. but nuthin' that floated our boat .. so .. we came on home .. and i got to stuffing! gonna' hit the bed with a honey hunk and a good book. i started reading another of my favorite kentucky author's last night .. Janice Holt Giles .. this one is about mid-1800's pioneers in Kentucky .. a family that converts to the Shaker religion. We have two Shaker museum communities here. I've been to one but not to the other .. plan on doing that the first sunny day that comes up next!

well .. good night sweet princesses .. talk at ya'll sometime Sunday! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  9:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Ok, Ladies. I made my first rag doll (started before looking at this topic actually). I just finished today and my sister saw it and said it looked like a voodoo doll. Well that didn't make me feel too great so now I need some critiques that count. It doesn't look like all of yours do but does mine really look that scary? It's only my first and I didn't use any pattern or directions. Just made it by guessing. Be honest please. Thanks! (I hope I can get the picture to come up. If not, go to the link)
Oh and she looks big because of the chair but it's a kid size chair. She's only about 14 inches long.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f185/NicoleG22/doll.jpg

Edited by - NicoleG on Feb 04 2006 9:19:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  10:32:27 PM  Show Profile
I think she looks sweet and cuddly

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2006 :  11:40:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
I think she looks like Madeline (from the children's book) without her hat on! She's cute!!

Maybe you should ask your sister what kind of voodoo does she practice?
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  06:19:29 AM  Show Profile
SHE DIDN'T LOOK EVIL TO ME, I THINK YOU SHOULD WRAP HER UP AND GIVE HER TO YOUR SISTER FOR HER BIRTHDAY, JUST DON'T PUT ANY PINS IN HER.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  07:26:06 AM  Show Profile
nicole .. she is dear .. try putting some 'ribbons' in her hair and stitch a little sumpthin' on her apron. be sure to sign and date her too!!! i'm so happy you are making dollies!!!!!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page