Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  07:43:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, ladies. You all made me smile. I wanted to braid her hair but I gave her too much and it was too short...but I will give her a ribbon and make her dress look pretty. Thank you so much!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  09:25:45 AM  Show Profile
She looks very sweet to me. I wouldn't mind her meeting some of my dollies for tea.

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  3:01:16 PM  Show Profile
nicole .. if you e-mail me your address .. i think i can probably find a sweet little tea-cup and saucer for her so she can 'take tea' with you from time to time .. and WHAT has she whispered in your ear that she wishes to be named?

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  6:50:56 PM  Show Profile
Nicole, she is just precious! She looks soft and sweet, and she looks like a hugger. I gotta get you all some pictures of mine. I did number three yesterday - she's a cutie, too(new pattern - can't hardly wait for yer design, Frannie). She's waiting for a dress - she's runnin and sittin aroun' in her bloomers, bare-chested, arms folded acrost her chest (pouty look on her face cuz i bin working on dd's quilt and not on her dress!) Right now she's sittin in a chair with her cousins, Natalie and Missey. Her name is April Loverly. Her hair is all downy chicken feathers. Thanks for your kind words Frannie, yep, the dolls surely are therapeutic.

"...a merry heart is a good medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

CountryGirl85
True Blue Farmgirl

225 Posts

Laura
Oswego IL
USA
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2006 :  9:27:43 PM  Show Profile  Send CountryGirl85 an AOL message  Send CountryGirl85 a Yahoo! Message
Nicole, I think she's adorable! I think our sisters would get along! Mine is always making fun of me and my crafts! Well, I have discovered that I'm addicted to embroidery. It's so fun! It's like drawing with thread! I found some linen napkins at the thrift store and they're perfect to cut up for dollie aprons! I found a linen tablecloth too...Oh the possibilities! I think I'm gonna go sew a dollie body right now (Yep, couldn't wait and drew my own pattern! I'm just havin' too much fun!!)

Much love,
Laura
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  06:12:06 AM  Show Profile
oh i am so loving that you girls are being creative and 'figgerin' out how to draw your own doll patterns! remember the 'pome' i 'writ':

two arms
two legs
one torso
ain't never seen a doll
with more-so!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  07:10:40 AM  Show Profile
TA-DA!!! DRUM ROLL!!! I've addressed all of the envelopes that i have names for .. for our Cabin Fever Dolly Class. I'm missing a few addresses:

Ashley C.
Roxi B.
Tatania
Glenda P.

you may have sent them to me .. and i somehows or t'other didn't get them to the 'class folder' .. also .. there may be some of you out there that sent me an e-mail asking for me to add you .. and those e-mails might also be sittin' in the wrong folder or out in cyberspace somewhere. sooooo .. if you are one of the girls listed above (i'll also send an e-mail to my Kentucky Ramblings and Treasure Seekers list trying to find the rest of you) .. but anyhoo .. the following envelopes are heading for the post office TODAY .. so be watching for them .. can hardly wait to see what wonderful dollies you girls come up with!

p.s. remember .. let me know if you don't see your name on this list .. OR .. if you don't get your pattern sometime this week.

jan p
julia v
diane j
mary s
kim h
kay u
kathy l
catherine m
sherri g
deena w
debbie h
sandra a
annie t
barbara y
sue n
jenny p
pam f
paula o
edy s
patricia s
pam s
susan m
patricia l
rita m
mary l
dawn c
theresa f
chris t
laura mc m
robin g
helen b
lynn ann d
laura s
amber c
rose h
luanne t
cyndi w
caryl d
darlene
eileen w
shirley b
susan a
ivy p
victoria c
melissa f
beth m
rebekah t
bobbi de M
jana h
deborah d
jean t
rhonda b

Deena W

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  08:18:18 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, everyone! You have made us both smile. She has decided on Emma for her name. Emma is excited because she got 2 new bows in her hair (so her hair stays out of her face) and will be getting some new things done to her dress today! My boyfriend's sister saw her yesterday and she was reminded of a doll she had when she was little...I think Emma will be getting a cousin sometime soon! And maybe a little brother or sister too.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  08:40:57 AM  Show Profile
oh yeah! nicole .. i'm so happy that you have gotten 'dolly fever'. you know .. there are several women in our dolly club in maryland (Crooked Tree Hollow Doll Club) that actually started their own PATTERN businesses .. and many, many of them went on to make hundred and hundreds of dolls .. and it has become quite a little money-maker for them! hopefully .. some of you girls will be so inspired too. xo

p.s. a little teacup and saucer will be on it's way to miss emma this week! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  09:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Hooray! We both will be so happy to get mail! I am really excited about making more dolls and maybe (after a little practice) I might try selling some on the etsy site, along with a few other things. Of course I am really wanting to buy a sewing machine but I don't have much to spend on one right now. Any ideas of where to look? I'm not looking for anything fancy at all. Just one that sews! Haha! When I get one I will be sewing like crazy!

Edited by - NicoleG on Feb 06 2006 09:50:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  10:03:30 AM  Show Profile
Yeah!!! Thanks Frannie! I can hardly wait! Aprons are made, fabric washed, some tea dying today!!!
Nicole, I think your dollie is very cute. It reminds me of a doll my mom made for my oldest daughter,23 years ago. I think your sister needs galsses!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:02:01 AM  Show Profile
nicole .. my daughter has a little one .. it was under $100. .. so far .. it is working fine! i forget the brand name .. it's in this 'thread' somewhere. anyone have other suggestions? xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile
p.s. is there someone you can 'borrow' a machine from for your dolly making?

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:25:30 AM  Show Profile
Nicole
Sometimes the sewing centers have second hand sewing machines. I know the store near me does. People trade them in for new ones. The good thing about trying to buy them there is that they repair them if need be so they are ready to sew.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2006 :  11:54:06 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,

I'm so excited. All ready to make dolls. Been thinkin of their names and so forth. Crafted almost all day yesterday. Made lavender eye pillows (sleep pillows) for my ds and daughters. I use mine every night.

Nicole,

Your dolly is very sweet. Some sisters and friends just aren't the craftin types. I saw sewing machines at Wally World last week for $79.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  07:54:32 AM  Show Profile
debbie .. what names are you comin' up with .. it would be fun if we all listed some fun dolly names .. i love the olde-timey ones and the biblical names. i actually have a list on my 'palm pilot' .. and whenever i'm sittin' somewhere waitin' .. or driving along with honey hunk (HE is doing the driving .. and i'm sitting adding names to my list! i'll get it out and list some here later today .. gotta' go get a cuppa' coffee and order some treasures from Rusty Pins and Olde Lace right now. AND .. there are a buncha' nekked dollies downstairs waiting for dresses. AND .. i'm determined to cut out some 'pocket' bunnies today .. if they come out cute .. i'll try and draw up the pattern .. take a picture of it .. and post it so's you girls might make up a few while doin' your dollies. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  08:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
i hope your little bunnies come out, and you can post them, and if you are willing to part with one I think my incoming miss martha and sally would like one as a pet.
I went to rusty pins, you are right, lots of good stuff, just might have to place an order myself.
Look forward to getting my dolls and apron if you were able to get it, will send you a check right out as soon as I know how much.
Nancy Jo
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  09:53:50 AM  Show Profile

nicole ... i had the rag chilluns searching for jus' the perfect 'tea party' cup and saucer for your little miss emma .. and after showing them her photo .. i knew they had commenced their treasure hunt when i heard the clattering of china! they all decided on pink roses with blue violets .. then i heard them giggling and peeked into my sewing room to see them all diving in and splashing about my vintage linens .. i watched as they found the 'puffeck' one as little annabelle exclaimed! i stood quietly at the door and continued to enjoy watching them taking turns embroidering her name on a little vintage linen cloth to go with her set.

i'll send it along to emma soon's i next go to the post office. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Feb 07 2006 10:02:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  10:19:10 AM  Show Profile
taking a break here .. so thought i'd post some of those names for your dollies. it's fun to choose a first name and then a second name from one of the other lists .. just say the names together t'il they roll off your tongue like honey!

amanda
aggedy
amaranth
ann
anna
absynth
arletta
agatha

bitsy
betsy
belinda
belva
brenda
betty
beauticia
beulah
bebe
babe

cleo
coriander
cassie
camellia
camille
cornelia
catherine
callie
cora
delilah
delphine
dixie
doris
dorothy
delphinia
daisy

emma
etta
esther
ermine
eugenia
evie

frances
fern
fidala
florence
felicity
fastidious

glory
gloria
grace
gertie
gertrude

hannah
heliotrope
hortense
hepsaba
helen
honora
honey

well.. that's up to the h's .. let's hear some of yours!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  10:33:18 AM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie,

Well -- I've got Emily Grace (my nom de plume), Maisie, Elora Sue, Liza Jane, Elbeth (a friend's name), Meggie (for daughter Megan), Syddie (for daughter Sydney) and I'm still thinkin. Guess I better write these down. I like old-timey names and also was thinking of flowers like Daisy, Rose, Violet, Verbena, Zinnia.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  10:57:50 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, PLEASE write a book about the rag chillin's adventures! I must have more stories!!!Oh, and Stuie says you should add the name Tondeleyah Goldfarb, the rabbi's wife, to the list.

Love,
Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

NicoleG
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Illinois
92 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  11:21:29 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, Emma will be so happy to get the cup, saucer and little personalized cloth! I won't show her. I will let it be a surprise!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  12:22:25 PM  Show Profile
I let my dolls name themselves. As I sew they develope thier own personalitys and thier names will be right behind them. :)
shirley
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  1:09:39 PM  Show Profile
debbie .. using a 'flower and herb' book is a grande idea to come up with names!

nicole .. it was fun pulling that little tea set together for emma .. i loved that you shared her with all of us!

shirley .. i so agree with you .. i do believe that a dolly's name is whispered into our ear! (every now and then a rag chile will just stare at me blankly .. like she needs some help .. so .. i jus' show her the list .. and she chooses!

patricia ... Tondeleyah Goldfarb is definitely on my list .. hank is jewish .. so i often look for fun ethnic names for dollies! oh what fun .. to make a rabbi's wife!

you gurlz are so much FUN! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2006 :  7:20:54 PM  Show Profile
Thought I'd add a few funny family names to the stew... How 'bout

Inice & Delpha (who were sisters and had brothers Zelbert & Cecil!)
Leota (hehehe)
Beaulah Irene (my Irish Gram)

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page