Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  7:47:40 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your kind comments. They have been so fun to do, I think Cabin Fever was the right name to give the class - winter zipped by for me and the respitorium gang. I also started another one (a guy-doll), one from my respitorium story - Thad Overheals. He looks just great so far - Frannie would be proud! He's got long scraggily hair and beard, but I think he looks kindly and strong. I'm trying to figure out how to do men's underclothing - long johns? He's not the cabin fever design, so I gotta make a design of him then try to make the clothes to fit. I know he'll have striped bib overalls and an old denim shirt, but the underoos have got me stumped for now. Thanks again.

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  10:55:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Chris, maybe you could just make his red flannel long johns part of his body?Know how to do that? That might be easier!
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  08:49:44 AM  Show Profile
Can't wait to see him, Chris!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  11:06:10 AM  Show Profile
Hey Chris, your Thad sounds wonderful! What about using an old red sock to make it look like a union suit? Lots of dolls are made from socks..I'm sure you can find directions online that will show you how to cut them. I'm thinking something like sock monkey legs that could just slip right on over the doll's legs.
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  6:37:37 PM  Show Profile
He's all made already, I just have to make his clothes now. The sock idea sounds like it might just do the trick. I thought it should be something stretchy like. Just the idea of buttons on a trap door in the back makes me smile. Don't think I have anything red, but I think maybe white would work just as well. DH has some Sunday socks that would probably work(holey). Well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2006 :  8:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Chris, Clara is so cute! I have been thinking of making a boy doll as well. I can't wait to see him! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  12:22:12 AM  Show Profile
I came up with some really neat hair for my latest old-looking doll. I wish I could say I did it on purpose, but it was pure accident. I had dyed and washed a piece of muslin and didn't bother to zigzag the edges so they all twisted and frayed. I just snipped off the frays keeping them as long as possible and slipstitched the tangled "hairs" to the dollie's head. It looks great!
Tonite I took some of my first attempt at spinning (don't ask!) and wound it around a knitting needle. I've soaked it in hot water and I'm hoping it will be curls for the other dollie.

Di

http://www.daisyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2006 :  3:22:39 PM  Show Profile
Di,
That was a great idea - I'll bet it looks really cool. Looking forward to seeing it. When I rip bedsheets for rug-making, there's lots of loose ends like that and I've been throwing it away. Good idea, I can imagine that.

Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  3:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
so frannie i bet you thought i'd never finish, i din't think i would either but here she is. her name is bliss and i am going to start on her twin sister blossom tonight.

and yup, that is your sweet sachet you made in her lap!
thank you for this class, i have learned so much. my next project when blossom is finished will be some aprons.

blessings
beth

Dreaming of Friday Night Lights

Edited by - celebrate2727 on Apr 09 2006 3:38:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  3:30:57 PM  Show Profile
Beth
She is so so cute!! Good job, what are you going to do with her? Lets see your aprons when they are done.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  3:42:09 PM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Nancy. She was such fun to make. it just took time to get all the materials and find time to myself. today all i heard was mom aren't you done yet? i did however find time to make everyone brownies so the family was not neglected. I think i will make sunflower aprons. i like the identifying a fg by the sunflower idea. i need something to wesr at the market in a few weeks so i am going to make the apron. then i though of getting the copy paper that is also iron on and put my farms name on it.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2006 :  3:52:09 PM  Show Profile
LOVE LOVE sunflowers, what a good idea,make sure you post a picture so we can all see it. I cooked a few steaks on the grill and scalloped potatoes, could have used some of those brownies you made.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  5:55:20 PM  Show Profile
BETH .. BLISS IS PRECIOUS!!!!!!!! love her green dress and matching eyes. i'm proud of you gurlfren .. want to see blossom when she's finished .. and remember .. i bet they need yet another sister ... blessing! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  6:15:06 PM  Show Profile
SO CUTE!!!!! Thank you so much for the picture, Love her apron Too!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  7:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Beth, your little Bliss is awesome and her name fits her perfect. Thanks for showing
her off. Well done! Speaking of sunflowers, I found a really cute t-shirt at a garage
sale.... it has a sunflower on the front left, a line on the front right that looks like a
closed eye, and a smile line underneath them, so the sunflower looks like an open eye.
Good lluck on your market.

Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2006 :  9:21:51 PM  Show Profile
Beth, Your dollie is most wonderful! She is very cute! Good job!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  07:54:43 AM  Show Profile
Bliss is too cute! Way to go. My honey is going to leave me for three days on a business trip and I plan to spend all that time making and playing with my dolls. Can't wait to see what I come up with, will share photos.

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

celebrate2727
True Blue Farmgirl

989 Posts

Beth
MJF Farmgirl
989 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  08:21:00 AM  Show Profile  Send celebrate2727 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for all your kind words. I am working on 4 dollies now. I have them cut out, stained and half stuffed. Found an old pillow case from the 50's. it is white with little pink flowers. i think it will make a couple great dresses and kerchiefs.

blessings
beth

Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2006 :  10:08:21 AM  Show Profile
I love looking at and hearing about the cabin feaver doll class! I am so sorry I haven't stayed in touch with this but the move has been crazy and buying the land is crazy and everything is just a little too crazy right now, but I still have my pattern and I am starting to settle in a little better here so I hope to start one soon!

Such sweet dollies!!!

Bobbi

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

rockinhorse
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Robin
yucca valley Ca
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2006 :  11:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Send rockinhorse an AOL message  Send rockinhorse a Yahoo! Message
Wow what talent you ladies have thank you for sharing your dollies, sorry I missed the class but sure have enjoyed the birth of your inspirations...

xoxoxo Robin

Happiness must be grown in one's own garden!
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  11:51:12 AM  Show Profile
No fair! No fair! I wasn't a FarmGirl when the class started! Any chance for a re-do?

xxoo-
Kim in NC, who has been pouring over cloth doll books the last two weeks anyway
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  12:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Please redo redo redo and include me too. I'd love to be part of another doll class project.
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2006 :  6:41:19 PM  Show Profile
they all look so darling and fun to make. If, when you redo a class I'd like to give this a try.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  10:32:24 AM  Show Profile
Gals, if you just go back and read this thread, all of the course materials are here. The only other thing is the pattern, but just about everybody winged it a bit with that. You could easily look at the pictures and sketch one out for yourself. Everything else is included in this thread.

Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
NEW blog: http://bramblestitches.typepad.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2006 :  12:20:44 PM  Show Profile
I managed to go back and piece together all the directions and instructions into one Word doc (thanks, Frannie!) and will be happy to share that with anyone who wants it. Can't wait to make her!

Kim in NC
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page