Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  07:23:52 AM  Show Profile
oh ya-ya's. .. i'm so pleased with the wonderfully wild creative paths your dolly making is taking you down!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  6:37:06 PM  Show Profile
Lighthouse Brokenreed Respitorium
for Orphans, Waifes and Strays
got founded in 2006.

The originator, Reverend Iamso Blest, was the area preacher circuit rider. During his travels in the wild, hilly areas of the Muskrat River, his poor old heart was broke up by seeing so very many needy and sad ones.
He heard his calling to care for the many orphans and 'down and outers' he came across, so knew he had to find a sheltering and peaceful place for these poor ones to go 'til they were lifted up again enough to be on their own. Reverend Iamso Blest found several good hearted folks to help him.
The old widow lady, Mrs. Hope Glimmer and her only kin, her girl child, Itsy B. Glimmer, to be the overseers of the Brokenreed Respitorium. Another friend of the Glimmers was Jewelia Chiles and she was a mighty fine back woods country cook.
Helen Skelter, Helga Overheals, (along with husband Thad Overheals, the respitorium fixing man) were all welcoming, warmhearted caretakers.
Miss Neetantidie SoCleen headed up housekeeping and along with Jewelia, taught the respitees housekeeping skills. Elmer Bleakview, Immah Cuminbackeer and Hazel Izablinkin were loving and supportive book learning teachers and taught the respitees just as much as they could.
All such good folks, trying to help all those so less fortunate and frail, and with many prayers, and deep down love, they were very successful!!! And many of the local folks took a shine and also opened the doors of their homes and hearts to help the respitees, too. It was a mighty fine and loving thing to do, back in the hard early times, and is still is a good thing to do even today, to adopt an orphan.

RESPITEE RECORDS
Natalie Rose Cuhtsun, permanent resident forever, who fell by accident from heaven's edge and was caught and taken back, but left a spittin' image of herself to be a comfort and a reminder to her grandmother.

Sissy de Bandade, permanent friend and hugger to Natalie when her grandmother is busy.

Adopted, Feb. 26, 2006, is April Loverly - who was found abandoned in a chicken pecking zone (we think she might be part chicken because her hair looks to be feathers). She went most willingly to the Zeez family (who live near the respitorium) as a loving playmate-sister to sweet little Mollie, who almost succumbed at 3 months to a deadly baby respiratory virus. But, praise and thanks to the Lord, her mother's good milk and the prayers of friends and neighbors, she has survived and is alive and well! (true story!)

Up for adoption - Clara Madfly - found in a barn and was flybitten almost to death, leastways, that's what she keeps saying. (We think she was just mostly scared to death). She carries around a flyswatter, given to her by Miss Neetentidie, to protect herself at all times. It has been of great comfort to Clara, tho it looks like she may have bug eyes all her days, 'cause her eyes get really big when she sees a fly or one of those avian lady beetles.

Job openings recently filled: Editor for the Eraze-a-Tear Warm Reportins and a Respitorium Record Keeper (a two in one job).
has been filled by Miss Tellit Likeitiz (came with high credentials from Cabin Creek Farms, too).

"...a merry heart does good like a medicine, it has the power to cure."

Edited by - OregonGal on Feb 27 2006 6:44:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  6:59:49 PM  Show Profile
Chris that is amazing....Who is so creative????

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  8:46:49 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies I finally got the chance to make my dolls this weekend. You can view them at www.smalltowngirl.us . They are sisters, Mabel who is the oldest, and then there is Paige and the youngest Andy, the tomboy. Their hair turned grey when they were very young. One night during a thunderstorm them all climbed into bed together to keep safe and all of a sudden they heard the door squeak open and a crazy skunk jumped onto their bed scaring the poor girls so bad that their hair turned grey the next day. Andy likes to spend the day climbing trees and digging up worms for fishing. While Mabel is a prude and does not like anything her sisters do. And Paige plays the fiddle and makes the best jam in 3 counties. It's really amazing how the dolls take shape, it's almost as if they chose what they will look like. Can't wait to get working on some farm boys. I am sure Paige will bake them a pie and Andy will stick her tongue out at them and Mabel will disagree with everything they say. Hope you like my little dollies.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  9:21:53 PM  Show Profile
oh rosie .. your dollies are a STITCH! i love how you shared their different 'stages' with us. they are ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! so happy you are enjoying making them! LOVE your stories too!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  9:23:10 PM  Show Profile
chris .. you are a hoot! what a great imagination .. i'm so happy these dollies are 'coming alive' for you gurlfrenz .. makes my heart smile! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2006 :  9:28:20 PM  Show Profile
Rose,

Your dollies are fabulous as are all your things! Don't you ever sleep???

Jana
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  09:09:07 AM  Show Profile
Oh I am so glad you like the girls, I was worried that ya'll would think they were ugly. Frannie I think you have made me doll crazy. My poor Honey will be stuffing limbs for months now. Thanks girls, Rose

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile
Chris, you crack me up! That is great! Only wish there were pictures of you sweet orphans.
Rose, love your dollies and all your creations!
Here is my lastest dollie. She is Nana, matriarch( is that how you spell it?) She loves to read and garden. She has she has 10 grandchildren and spoils them rotten at every chance. She is quiet and has exquisite manners and only drinks her tea from bone china. She knits and sews and makes herbal infusions when anyone is sick and ailing. She is God-fearing and prayers diligently for her children and grandchildren. Ihope to be just like her when I grow up.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/boofachena/000_0047.jpg
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/boofachena/000_0046.jpg

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile
julia .. Nana is adorable! we should all be like nana! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  11:36:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Miss Frannie. It was interesting as I was making her, I had something totally different in mind, even had a name picked out. Who was to be a Stella, looked at me and said, "Nana". They really do take on a life of their own.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  11:55:39 AM  Show Profile
Rose,

The girls are gorgeous! I used black button for eyes on one of my girls and I thought she looked scary, but friends say they like her. You did a great job. Ok - this week I will get some pix posted.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  12:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Julia, I love Nana's little glasses, cute

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  5:09:59 PM  Show Profile
I luv them all - they are all so different!!! Hugs to each and every one of them!

Edited by - OregonGal on Jun 10 2006 9:20:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2006 :  6:03:41 PM  Show Profile
They are great Chris! I love the feathery hair! Good job!!!

Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  06:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh Chris.....those little babys have such wonderful personality!!!! LOVE the feather for hair idea!!!! I must say...I think the one in the middle is my fav....as she kindof looks like me. We burnetts MUST stick together!!LOL
Good job darlin'...........and those little sweetie surely put a smile in your heart!!!
Sweet Blessins',
Paula ;o)

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  08:38:40 AM  Show Profile
miz paula .. we wanna' see your 'grungy prim' adaptation of the dollie! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2006 :  09:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Tee hee... I finally got a doll body coffee dyed. Not sure I like that smell, tho...hubby liked it, tho, and laughed (in a nice way) at the little nekkid dolly.
Been taking care of a doggy recovering from surgery and if I have time I will get that doll some undies and a dress! She is on my sewing table, arms folded, waiting for me to get at it! Jana

Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2006 :  09:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Ok....Ok......as soon as I get her clothes on her.I'll take pics! That dang doll has been runnin' around here naked as a jay bird for awhile now!! Poor thing!!!LOL
Miss Jana cooffee stained!! Good for you!! Now.....if you don't like the smell of the coffee....take some of your vanilla extract add it too a bit of water.. about half and half...pour it into a spray bottle, and spritz it all over your doll!! It'll make her smell real pretty! You can use any extract that you have on hand. I just said vanilla cuz that's what most people have!
Gotta go catch that doll.........just saw her running with carrot in her hand!!!!
Sweet Blessins',
Paula :o)

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2006 :  11:58:02 AM  Show Profile
Ok - so finally got the new camera figured out, but the card that came with it hardly holds any photos (16!) so dh filled it up. Now we have to download the software and will attempt to send photos of my darlin dollies. I'm a little slow with technology!!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2006 :  10:54:23 PM  Show Profile
I finally got a picture of Clara Madfly and also of her with "the girls".

Edited by - OregonGal on Mar 25 2006 10:58:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  07:50:12 AM  Show Profile
Great job Chris, each one has it's own personailty already, Clara looks so serious, she must be the oldest one, I like the look, each one different. I may have to save mine for a rainy day, it's getting busy here now that spring has sprung! Have fun and keep posting pics!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2006 :  08:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Chris WOW! I love Clara madfly! Her expression is perfect.

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  09:42:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, am I ever impressed with all these dolls! Y'all have done an amazing job. I received the pattern from Frannie ages ago (thanks, Frannie) and cut out the doll. I've been stumped since then...I need to sign up for the remedial doll class. hahaha. I am just now getting back to joining in the forum and seeing these results on Frannie's doll class. Beautiful dolls! Such energy and talent bouncing around here among the farmgirls.

"All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of things shall be well."
Julian of Norwich
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2006 :  09:51:07 AM  Show Profile
Chris, good for you. They're just lovely.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com
www.smallsqrl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page