Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  7:28:04 PM  Show Profile
debbie .. i can hardly wait to see all your little precious darlings ... are you making 'fairies'? there is SUCH great dolly hair (fantasy yarns) on the market for 'fairies' .. and the 'wing' ideas are just endless! get that camera to workin' .. cuz' we sure wanna' see those little ones! even show us pics of them 'in process'.

all you sweetie pies that are offering to send me a pattern .. one is on it's way to me now! THANKS!

(made bunny patterns today .. jus' send your SASE to me for one!) xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  8:13:45 PM  Show Profile
Hi Frannie & girls :) I started in on my two babies last night... Can't wait to see who they grow up to be! Haha! Debbie you & I are in the same boat! I got a new camera for Christmas & I'm still sorta afeard of it! ;)
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  1:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Just for fun I am trying this hyperlink feature out. I just finished my third dollie. Her name is Elizabeth Marie, for my mother and other red heads in my life. I wanted red hair and had some orange dyed mohair roving that I decided to spin a small amount into a thick and thin single ply yarn that I used for her hair. Hope this works,
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=887201140464804170/l=82697853/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth

Edited by - Eileen on Feb 22 2006 1:21:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

fairview tx
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  1:14:57 PM  Show Profile
Oh Gals! Babette, Barbara & Bruce Pocket Bunny arrived in Texas this week. So 'specially cute! They'll be darling in an ol' basket or too wonderful pinned on as an Easter pin. Love, love them Miss Frannie! SASE is on its way to you for the Sabbath Bunny patterns. Dollies are patiently waiting for me to finish up my hooked rug so I can get back to sewing on them.......this is all way too much fun! sandi
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

fairview tx
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  1:20:26 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - forgot to ask and didn't see it mentioned "in class." When you write on your dollies' bodies what do you use - is it a pen, artist pencil ??? hope you are REALLY SERIOUS that you might one day put all these lessons in a dollie book - I am such a visual learner & could just sit and look at the pics all day! thanks, sandi
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  2:35:20 PM  Show Profile
sandi sweetie .. i usually use one of those 'pigma' pens .. fine point. if you have 'rough' doll fabric .. make a little 'muslin tag' and sew it to the underside of her dress.

got a book on my list of things to do in this lifetime! meanwhile, i'm jus' loving sharing my teensy little bit of experience with you true friends. xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  2:36:46 PM  Show Profile
sandi .. i'm so glad they arrived safe and sound .. hope you'll make a jillion of them! xoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  2:40:52 PM  Show Profile
eileen .. eileen .. eileen .. how absolutely darling they all are! i love your creativity too .. your dresses and embellishments are fabulous!!!! keep making lots more! xoxoxo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  3:01:19 PM  Show Profile
Here are some nekkid dollies, waiting to get dressed up in their Sunday best!
http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/2006/02/friends-forever.html#links
Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile
Love seeing all of your dollies! They are so darling!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  4:40:33 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I sent a 'little' package your way today, just to say thanks, you are really a dear!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  10:19:37 PM  Show Profile
Today My daughter and I got the oppurtunity to meet garden Artist and her Daughter Muttley (Tammy and Heather) I made them each a dolly. Here they are. Their names are Lily Rose(left) and Violet(right). Tammy and Heather own a nursery so I figured flower names were needed.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/boofachena/100_1455.jpg

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Feb 22 2006 10:30:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmfilly
Farmgirl in Training

48 Posts

Jackie
Gilmer Texas
USA
48 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2006 :  10:25:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lordy, these little dollies are adorable! I wish I didn't have so many quilt projects going right now, its been years since I made dollies. I need to go thru this thread and find everyone's pictures. How sweet!

Jackie

Life happens, I'm just glad to participate!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  05:47:26 AM  Show Profile
Julia
Your dolls came out so cute!! love the embroidery on the aprons. frannie really did start something with this project.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Julia I really liked your dolls, too cute. I love seeing everyone's dolls. How much fun, Rose

Remember what you now have was once among the things only hoped for.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  07:47:09 AM  Show Profile
annie .. i adore that you are making lotsa' dollies .. they look VERY WELL made! can hardly wait to see them when they 'come alive' .. (don't forget the magic fairie dust .. 'a tad of blush on their little cheeks!') xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  4:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda,

I know! It's crazy to be scared of a camera! I've got it working, but I'm supposed to figure out how to enter the date and time. Then on to posting!! Woo Hoo.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  5:21:41 PM  Show Profile
I just have to say how much fun it is to see all the creative ways we can make one doll pattern!!! We could fill a room with them and no two would even come close to looking alike. Having this many women working with the same beginnings and seeing the final results is amazing. Thanks Frannie.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2006 :  9:29:27 PM  Show Profile
I SO agree Eileen! I LOVE seeing the variations everyone comes up with from a single pattern! What FUN!
Debbie, I FIGGERED out my camera! Been seaching online for " photo resizing" help, then realized it CAME WITH my camera software! LOL I AM challenged!
One of my babies is finished, just waiting "to have her picture made"...hopefully I will get to it tomorrow! My poor brain simply cannot absorb any more "data" this evening!
And Frannie, thank you again for bringing the dollmaker in each of us into the light!
Blessings to All!
Rhonda

...and I will sing at the top of my lungs, and I will dance, even if I'm the only one!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Dollies are coming alive! Lookie!
http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/2006/02/dollies.html#links

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  12:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Annie, they are great! The three of them posing together looks like a girl band!!You could call them "The Liberty Chicks"..or "The Artists Who Were Formerly Nekkid"...
I like Naughty Dottie too. She has hair like Diane Ross!!
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  12:30:00 PM  Show Profile
LOL!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Fabulous Farm Femmes

"The Artists Who Were Formerly Nekkid"...

Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  12:39:48 PM  Show Profile
Your dolls are so Cute!!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  9:12:14 PM  Show Profile
I FINALLY think I've got it...

This is "Caroline", her choice. She started with a headful of loopy orange curls but refused to "have her picture made" on such a bad hair day. Her new do is made from a tuft of camels hair roving, sewn on & tied with a bit of twill tape. Her eyes are black glass beads that I gleaned from a fancy sweater. Her nose started as a triangle of stitched on wool...she said it made her feel "raggedy", so we changed that to the tiny pinched nose she has now. I'm afraid she is awfully vain and a little bossy too!

Here's a couple shots of Caroline from farther back. I'm not sure how well you can see the details so I will describe her.

Her body was made from an old cotton shower curtain I found at the BSA tag sale & dyed with RIT tan dye. She is stuffed with wool-because it's my favorite to work with. She is heavily stained to give her that well loved look. You might notice that Caroline didn't grow as tall as the other girls (I chose to make her arms & legs slightly shorter than the original pattern-just my preference). Her underdress started as a linen tea towel. It is gathered at the neckline and waist & has 3/4 length sleeves. It didn't need hemmed as the bottom of the towel was embroidered and had a rolled edge. Caroline's apron was actually an old apron that had seen better days. I loved the pink flower pattern and the soft feel of the fabric-it was even worn completey through in places. I cut Caroline's apron to include the original front pocket, so she could have a place to keep her garden seeds and other needfuls. She is very anxious for spring to arrive and wears a single rosebud around her neck to ward off winter weather. I gave her a little spool pot with button flowers to complete her "look". Everything I used was from the "scrap bag". I love making something from nothing!

Thank you soooo much Frannie, for the WONDERFUL pattern! I really like the shape of the doll body & head! And SO easy to put together! I hope to finish another this week!

I'm hitting "post reply"... lets hope these pictures work!
Blessings Everyone!
Rhonda

Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2006 :  9:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Hahahaha... Just tilt your head to the left girls! Sorrrry!

Rhonda

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page