Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  09:42:16 AM  Show Profile
libbie .. would love to have you come play! i am out of patterns and still have a few to mail .. have to go to town to make more at office depot .. so it might be a few days ... jus' e-mail me your address and i'll send one along soon's i get it.

p.s. any of your gurlfrenz who have asked for one but haven't received it yet .. e-mail me right away! (included your mailing address in your e-mail).

the bunny pattern posted earlier .. pretty much speaks for itself .. just 'eye-ball' it or put some tissue up to the computer and trace ... you can't go wrong .. if it comes out a little different .. that will be grande too! want to see more pics of 'pocket' bunnies. i made some really prim ones "SABBATH DAY TOYS" i call 'em .. they have a little wrap-around and tied cloth they come in ... at the shoppe .. will take some pics and post 'em to you. i made these a little more 'prim'. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  9:29:22 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, Miss Ruby is very cute! Love her lacy ankles!
It is so fun to see how different all these dollies are.
I want to make a couple of bunnies for my cousins 2 girls, they are newly adopted from China. I think the bunnies will be fun Easter presents.
Hey Rusty Pins, did you get you poor cold dollie dressed yet?
"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Feb 19 2006 9:31:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Julia, THANKS! It was so fantastic watching her come to life!

And for all you farmgirls who love to edit , I apologize for ALL my wonderful mistakes in Little Miss Ruby's story. I am horrible at English and Spelling. I am much better at just loving people.

Farmgirl Blessings,
Theresa
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  07:30:15 AM  Show Profile
Theresa .. you have your priorities straight! LOVE first!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  08:42:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Frannie! ((((HUGS))))

Theresa

Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Well Dolly Mamas, I finished my first dolly last night. Please say hello to her here:
http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/2006/02/naughty-dottie.html#links

She will be little Olga's birthday present.

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  10:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Annie, She is adorable. I especially like the bib on her apron.

Mary

Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding. Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:13:44 AM  Show Profile
OMG.........girls this is SO fun!! I LOVE all the stories!! It always amazes me how easy it and FUN it is to let that child part of us out and be free!! It feels SO joyful and peaceful to just let our imaginations go wild!!
Tip for grungin' up your dolly. If you'd like a nice Dirty baby.....you can do it a few ways.
One is to mix about 3 Tbs of instant coffee (buy the cheap stuff) to 2 cup of water. Get your dolly wet..get an old paint brush, lay dolly on an old cookie sheet and brush the coffe mix on your doll. You can either put her in the sun to dry...or put her in the oven at about *200 for about 10. ALWAYS check on her. I've had my smoke alarm go off MANY times!!!LOL Keep flpping her over so she drys. After she's dry, if you'd like an even dirtier look, cover her yet again with the coffee mix. This can be repeated as many times as you'd like. This is a real easy way to grunge. If you want to scent your doll, put some regular powdered cinnamon, nutmeg...any good smelling spice will do, in your coffee mix. About 1/2-1 tsp should do it. If you have vanilla, or another liquid flavoring on hand. Put about 1 tsp of that in the coffee mix. As the doll drys, she starts to smell real yummy....... hubby always thinks I'm baking cookies! HA.....silly man!!! After your dolly is dry....you may also take your sander and a light weight paper and do a little sanding on her. You'll be surprised at the different looks you'll get. Don't be afraid of sanding. Most fabrics are real strong and can take a nice heavy sanding. if you get a few holes...that ok....reapir them with your thread...that really makes them look old.
Now.....after your babys old and dirty...you may also like to dirty her clothes. You may use the same coffee mix and do the same with the clothes as you've done with your doll. PLEASE keep an extra careful eye on the clothes as they have a tendency to dry faster and might burn in the oven. I always keep the door open a bit and I turn the clothes every couple of mins.
Please do any of the dying on your dolls BEFORE you add their hair.
Well........I think that covers that..if you have any questions give me holler!! Have fun girls........it's wonderful playing!!!!!!!!!
Sweet Blessins',
Paula ;o)

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:30:09 AM  Show Profile
Hi Paula,
Wow that was some doing, do the dolls have to go in some kind of therapy after this?
Glad to see you back on the site, miss your happy self when you are not here . got up this morning and thought, good chance my box of goodies will come from Paula today, hum, no mail its presidents day. well now thats depressing!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:51:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I finished up another of my dollies last night from the tablecloth material. Just one more body to dress and I will have to find another fabric for bodies. Her name is Patsey Louise and she is a gift for a friends new baby daughter. You will have to go back to my album page to view her. Here is the address,
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=887201140464804170/l=82697853/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
Have a happy day
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Annie, your doll is just adorable! I love her! So much character! And I loved looking at the blog. Your Olga is so precious and I can't wait to hold that handsome little boy! Woo hoo!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  11:56:43 AM  Show Profile
Howdy sweetie!! I forgot all about it being a holiday!!LOL I'm sorry darlin'.......hopefully tomorrow.
It's been colder then a you know what here......Got the heat turned up and boy oh boy is my bill gonna be CRAZY!! Hubby comes home and turns it way down...and I go back and turn it up. I HATE being cold...so I've got 2 pairs of sweats...a tee shirt...a sweater and 2 pairs of socks on! youd' think I lived in Alaska!! Went and bought a couple pots of pretty mums for my kitchen windowbox.....that way I've got a bit of spring to look at instead of 3feet of snow!! Did see a couple of real pretty bald eagles yesterday though! they were flyin' real low and gosh they sure was pretty to watch!LOL Other then that.....just workin' on dolls and handdying some wool I got! I now have orange hands! I guess when they say to wear gloves...they mean that!!LOL
OK little missy........have you been makin' dolls????????

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  12:57:13 PM  Show Profile
paula,
No, I have just been buying all Frannies dolls, not as much sewing involved.
I have been making a lot of dollies, you know those round things you put under things, also lots of embroidery, some knitting, some yo yo's. reading, taking care of Richard, and of course the big and little kids are in and out since they all live close by. You know how much work family can be, Richard still asks me on a regular basic which drawer his socks are in and I tell him the same one they have been in for the past 35 years, doesn't seem too catch on.
Keep warm down there in iowa, spring is coming because its always right after winter.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  1:46:16 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait to make my dollies. But I think it'll be while 'cause I've got too many things a head of them on the list. Darn it, I wish there was more time in the day. But I do love hearing about everyone's dollies and their stories. Keep em coming girls.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  2:02:02 PM  Show Profile
oh gurlz! i've made some more of those little 'Sabbath Day Toys' .. (soft toys and books that yesteryear's children (and today's too!) could take to 'sunday-go-to-meetins' .. and play with them during the sermon without making a lot of "noise". this time .. my sabbath day toys are more of those little pocket bunnies. have a bunch of cuties over at glover's station .. will take my camera there and take their pictures too .. those are a tad more primitive than the ones i'm going to post under a new heading SABBATH DAY BUNNIES .. in the STITCHING ROOM. Reason i'm going to start a new heading for this .. is cuz' i scribbled up a pattern for Cathy Murray and since i had it all 'drewd' up .. thought the rest of you ya-ya's might want a copy too. This time .. hope it is o.k. with ya'll that you send me a SELF-ADDRESSED-STAMPED ENVELOPE ... jus' one stamp will cover it .. cuz' it's only one page. I do have to get to town to make copies .. but .. well .. get on over to SABBATH DAY BUNNIES and see the pictures and info. xo

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Feb 20 2006 2:03:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  9:01:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, FINALLY I got some dolly bodies cut out and the sewing started. All this time I'm working on taxes and filling out health insurance forms (husband's boss wants the cheapest insurance he can find so every year about this time we go thru this filling out of forms. Everything that you've had done to you in the last 10 years! Heck, I'm lucky if I can remember yesterday)just so they can turn you down. Waste of time...I'd rather make dollies.
Havent' sewn for a while and had to dig around a bit to find my sewing machine manual. My machine is new and did manage to turn it on WITHOUT the directions.
I found out last night that I can cut out exactly 4 dolly bodies, 8 arms and 8 legs from 1/2 of prewashed osnaburg. Sat in front of the fire to do that!
A little difficult sewing around the tight curve of the hands and feet but, hey, its primitive! Love the turning tool!
Sent for the stuffing fork. My fibromyalgia was really bugging me when I was trying to stuff an arm. Thought I could make do but will wait for the fork. Can't wait to get some dollies done!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2006 :  9:48:57 PM  Show Profile
AnnieT, I love your dollie, especially her hair. HOw fun!
I got 3 more dolls cut out today and partially stuffed. Will work on them tomorrow.
Miss Frannie, my SASE will be coming your way. Love them Sabbathe Bunnies!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  07:51:40 AM  Show Profile
jana .. love that you have learned to make good use of your fabric when cutting out 'extra' bodies .. and soon .. you'll even be 'double layering' the fabric and cutting out TWO dollies AT THE SAME TIME!! yep .. that 'ole stuffing fork sure helps .. especially because you MUST get the stuffing all the way to the END of the arm, leg, head .. or it BUNCHES .. and you will NOT be able to push past it .. not even with a bulldozer! I'm so glad you are sewing despite your fibromyalgia .. and i wish you wellness dear friend!

julia .. i'm heading for town in a few minutes to make copies of the bunny pattern ...

AND .. oh woe is me! i CANNOT find a copy of the dolly pattern anywhere to make a copy of it .. but i think one of the girls is going to send ME a copy .. so i can make more and get them on their way to the girls who still want one but didn't get a copy.

sun is shining on 'ole kentuck today .. powdered sugar snow is sifted here and there among the hills. it's all so lovely! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:07:13 AM  Show Profile
HALP!!!!!!!! my friend said it would be a little while before she would be able to get to town to make a copy of that dolly pattern. do any of you kiddos have one of those super-duper computers that makes copies .. or do you live next door to a copy shop .. i desperately need a copy of the pattern i sent to ya'll .. a few of the girls still need a copy .. and for the life of me and you .. i can't find that little sucker anywheres! pleeeeeeeeze let me know if you can send me one. xoxo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:11:09 AM  Show Profile
I can send you a copy, Frannie. By snail mail? Luzy

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:46:31 AM  Show Profile
Jana, I started a thread on fibromyalgia that maybe you'd like to visit. It's in the health section. I'm going to a weekly study group (yep, I'm a lab rat) and learning more on how to cope, so I shared the info so far.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  08:57:29 AM  Show Profile
luzy .. that would be fantastic! thanks so very much! i'll e-mail you my home address. xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  09:07:36 AM  Show Profile
Frannie... I can scan and email you a copy of the dolly pattern if you like. I have one of them "new fangled computer printers."

Annie.

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  12:07:51 PM  Show Profile
Hay Frannie darlin'.........if ya still need patterns.give me a holler!! Got a scanner and a printer so I can make tons if ya need them!!
Big Hug!
Paula ;o)

Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2006 :  2:18:36 PM  Show Profile
I've made three dollies so far and I love it. Now - I have to figure out how to use my new digital camera. It was our Christmas present that we finally went & bought this past weekend. I'd love to share them with you all, so as soon as I can get it figured out I'll post some pix. Frannie- thank you again- I love this craft. I'm creating a whole little fantasy person and each one is different. This is so much fun.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page