Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  1:55:26 PM  Show Profile
Okay! I am giving this a test run to see if my pictures come up.
This is Miss Frannie (named after guess who) She is the school Mistress at the Homely Arts School for Farmgirls. She instructs her students how to create lovely things for their homes, that bring joy and smiles to everyone.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

Edited by - Julia on Feb 15 2006 1:59:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  2:24:30 PM  Show Profile
Julia,

What a great job! I haven't been able to work on my doll since Sunday. Can't wait for the weekend!! Still need face, hair & clothes.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  3:39:57 PM  Show Profile
she is really sweet Julia...you did a great job!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AnnieT
True Blue Farmgirl

287 Posts

Annie

287 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  5:10:10 PM  Show Profile
Cuuuuute!!!!! Great job!

Annie

Bramblestitches Store: www.bramblestitches.etsy.com
My blog: http://bramblestitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  8:35:14 PM  Show Profile
So darling! Gotta Love Miss Frannie!

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  9:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Well, we're supposed to get a snow storm starting tonight, though I only half believe it, but I'm finally going to be able to sit down make me a dolly. Thanks for the pattern, Frannie! I read through the posts and looked at the techniques, especially for the dress and now I think I'm good to go. Got some stuffing today and the tube turner (last one on the rack!) but no stuffing fork. Oh well. I'm sure I can rig something around here. Couldn't find tan Rit dye anywhere either. What is this town coming to??!! Think I'll use coffee or tea. Dryer just buzzed, fabric is now prewashed. Time for dolly making!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

bubblesnz
True Blue Farmgirl

291 Posts

helen

New Zealand
291 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  9:27:19 PM  Show Profile
Hello Frannie, Pattern for dolly arrived in new Zealand today, thanks so much, hope to be stitching by the weekend. :)
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2006 :  9:28:09 PM  Show Profile
For my turning tube and stuffing fork, I used a small knitting needle with a cork on the end. It worked really well and didn't cost me a thing.
Have fun Jana. I can't wait till this weekend to make a few more dolls.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  12:00:20 AM  Show Profile
I got 2 1/2 dolls sewn and stuffed today, I always have trouble with faces, I embroidered one face on, but I think the eyes look to small, maybe when she gets her hair on she will look better. They havent told me thier names yet, but they will.wow the body goes pretty fast. trac ed the pattern with a pencil onto the fabric, sewed up all seams with out stopping ,then cut inbetween my sewing , then turn and stuff. great fun
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  05:25:45 AM  Show Profile
JULIA
Good job, your doll is really cute, and to figure out how to post it!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  12:37:34 PM  Show Profile
She's adorable Julia, I can't wait to get started on mine! We lost my Mother in law on Valentines day so everything is on hold for a bit but making a dollie will be relaxing after such a hard time.

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2006 :  7:59:17 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls for the encouragement!
Sue, sorry to hear of your MIL. Valentines's Day must have been the day for "homegoings", a very dear friend of ours passed away as did Maryjane's Mother. Prayers for all sad hearts.

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  04:48:35 AM  Show Profile
Blessings to the three that Valentines day took, indeed prayers for all sad hearts. Thanks Julia!

" Aspire to Inspire before you Expire"

www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com

www.countrypleasures.motime.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  06:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Sue
Sorry to hear of the passing of your Mother in law, such a hard thing for a family when our Mothers leave us.
NANCY JO

Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  07:51:17 AM  Show Profile
Julia, your doll is wonderful!! I have a feeling this isn't the first time making a dollie...
Nancy, Another Myrtle Mae!!...I never knew my grandmother, she passed on before I was born, I'll have to ask my Mom if Myrtle was fussy..
Aunt Jenny, I want to make a boy doll and name him Cletus! Chickens named after your uncles...that's great...

Edited by - owwlady on Feb 17 2006 08:38:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rusty pins
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Paula
Oelwein Iowa
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  10:19:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh Julia, your sweet baby is SO cute!! You know you've done good when a smile comes over your face when your lookin' at her, and girl....I've a great BIG smile! She has TONS of personality!!!
i hear mine STILL yellin' at me.....I have to put some clothes on her!! Poor thing..got a huge storm here yesterday and now it's gonna be 17* below 0* tonight.....so I'd better get her dressed!!!!
Sweet Blessins',
Paula ;o)

"Life shall judge us harshly enough. Let us at least be gentle with each other."

http://www.rustypinsandoldlace.com/
'Antiques & HandMades for your heart and your home.'
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2006 :  4:46:05 PM  Show Profile
Well I finished my dolly, she is cute, even Robin (who is on here) said she was.But I dont know how to put her picture on here :(
I have 2 more stuffed and ready to become someone. when I get them finished, im lining them all up and making them tell me thier names.
My DH keeps saying that im so talented, I just say YES DEAR, why should I burst his bubble and tell him I had a pattern from Frannie
ROFL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  08:14:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, as the song goes, I've only just begun....
Little Willow Bea took a back seat this weekend and made room for Little Miss Ruby. But Willow is content in the back seat just hummin' a tune.

Little Miss Ruby will be going to Arizona on Sunday with my brother and his girlfriend and their unborn daughter. They are here on a surprise visit.

Little Miss Ruby was born in central California, it happened to be 'freak weather' it snowed! She is hard working chile' and loves to make believe she is baking a cake. (although she loves making bread second best)Ruby always has to have things in there place. In fact , her grown up job is a School cafeteria manager. She makes everything from scratch, all the teachers and principle come by to chat with her and have little 'tastes' All the little children love her, and her homemade meals. She is all about the union and is a staunch democrate. Don't get her started... She gets married and has one chile' a son, Leland. He is a devoted Son and a hard worker. He marries, has two sons, who both love to draw, in fact whenever they sent grandma Ruby a letter, there is always a picture with the signature 'artisto magnifisto'. A girl eventullay arives in her lineage, a great-grandaughter, Ruby will only be allowed a short time with her, but her legacy lives on.

Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  10:17:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I first want to thank you Frannie for sending me the pattern for the dolly!!I am embarrased that it has taken me so long to do this but I finally got to make one last evening. I found an old linen card table cloth at the thrift store with the old price tag still on it.Ten cents!!! It has a painted design on it and was waiting to be hemmed but never got that far so I used the edges for the dolly body and the design for her dress. I gave her jute rope for hair and buttons for eyes. The rest of her face I embroidered with sewing thread. She is all hand sewn as my sewing machine is not working right now. I think I have worn it out and need to get a new one. My dollie is stuffed with wool batting and rice in sections to give her some weight. I used hemp twine to define her feet, knees and waistline. Her name is Melba Pauline after my husbands mother who taught me everything I know about hand crafting and passed away at the age of 51 from a heart attack. You can view a couple photos of her here:
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=470181140284344066/l=82384750/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
Eileen

Edited by - Eileen on Feb 18 2006 12:11:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  10:57:51 AM  Show Profile
Eileen,your doll is adorable! I haven't done one yet, but as I sit here, the fabric is hanging on a chair on the other side of the room and I'm at my desk doing (well, I'm supposed to be doing) taxes. I think I might have to sneek out to a thrift store or two, but maybe later in the week when it gets above 0 outside.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  12:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Finally had the time to read through this whole conversation. What fun that was!!! Thank you Jana, she was fun to make and I am afraid I have caught the dolly feaver again. It has been many years since I made dollies. Bears have been on my plate a long time now. Dollies make me laugh.
Frannie, I got some of that wonderful old flag bunting in my ceder chest waiting to be made into a doll dress but never got around to it. Now maybe I will.
Pocket bunnies are so cute. My daughter and I made up a bunch of pocket bunnies about 15 years ago and I still have a couple. They come out every easter. Not as cute as yours but still cute any way.
Will have to post a photo of my big linen bunny. Maybe you could give me some ideas for cutsing her up.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  3:38:33 PM  Show Profile
Eileen,

Melba Pauline is so sweet! You are very creative. I love the linen.

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2006 :  5:38:14 PM  Show Profile
Frannie...got the pocket bunny in the mail today...cute cute cute!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  08:31:38 AM  Show Profile
oh dolly-mama's .. i am so very much enjoying the stories and the little chilluns you are all creating! "I" am the blessed one here .. i feel like "auntie frannie" to all these darling dolls ..and i truly do love hearing their 'stories' of their creations .. and why this or that fabric was used and how a particular 'name' came about. i think it is when we put our hearts and souls into our dolls that our creativity is unleashed. i hope so many of you will continue to make dolls .. they make wonderful gifts .. and CHRISTMAS will be here again this year! and birthdays and lots of other gift-giving holidays .. and what more precious than to gift a part of your heart and creativity with a dolly that will be here long, long after we are physically gone! Every dolly made will be here 200 - 300 years from now to 'tell our stories'! What a wonderful legacy to leave! you all make my heart smile! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2006 :  09:07:26 AM  Show Profile
Frannie - you are so generous with your doll and bunny patterns. Is there any way I could join the fun?

I have been reading the stories and looking at the pictures, and to all you who have made dolls and things, they are ADORABLE!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page