Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Cabin Fever Doll Class
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic
Page: of 22

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  12:02:56 PM  Show Profile
miss debbie !!!! you are NOT going to believe this .. but i 'swanee' it's TRUE! little viola mae was just looking out at the snow and kinda' talkin' to her self (which, by way of warning .. she is 'wont to do' from time to time) .. i over-heered her say that ef'fen she cain't live in kaintuckee .. her next favorite state would be IDAHO! she will be SOOOOOOO excited when i tell her you adopted her!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  12:06:01 PM  Show Profile
those bunny eggs were such fun .. time consuming .. but fun .. i think i might make a few more .. only maybe bigger or smaller or a different shape this time. (i want to make up some children's aprons (and doll size ones too) in spring-time colors .. and would like to tuck a little 'pocket' bunny into the apron pockets .. AFTER you finish your Cabin Fever Dolly .. you might want to make these too! (i didn't do a pattern .. just kinda' took the fabric in hand a started cutting .. but i'll try and make a pattern for you all to look at and 'copy' .. you can make it bigger or smaller .. it's a 'tad' easier cuz' they don't have arms or legs .. (or would that be legs and legs?)

FIRST though .. i gotta' get those 'wabbit cawwots' did up!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

ashcordes
True Blue Farmgirl

197 Posts

Ashley
Roann IN
USA
197 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  12:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Please do post a pattern, they are so cute...can't wait for the two I adopted to come live at my house...it would be a lot of fun to make them some cuzins!!!

Ashley
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  12:24:29 PM  Show Profile
oh my goodness .. i just got a phone call from another treasure seeker who wants THREE bunny eggs .. and she's going to join the forum and make our cabin fever dolly too.. i just love and adore this 'networking' thing .. it has brought so many friends together that otherwise would never have known each other.

and i surely thank maryjane for offering us 'farmgirls' to share our stories and adventures and endeavors in life. thank you maryjane!! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  1:21:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh I just started reading on this page and I suddenly realized that I need a dolly. I will have to go back and read all about what you girls are doing.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile
ROSE .. we would LOVE for you to join us. i think i've mailed about 60 patterns .. have to go to town to make more .. e-mail me your home address if you'd like for me to send you one. i promise .. dolly-making is SUCH fun!!! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  1:59:31 PM  Show Profile
paula
What is grunge? I must be out of the loop, I know its a fashion statement, is it something else? or are you just hanging around looking a mess?
just ordered a doll, lollie, and a bunny from our Frannie, can't wait, between you and Frannie my incomming mail is very exciting.
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile
Got my pattern today Frannie..thanks so much!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

SmallTownGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Rose

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  2:11:27 PM  Show Profile
Stop...all you girls need to stop having all this fun making dollies until I get my pattern. I am too jealous. Wait until I tell my Fiancé he needs to take me back to the fabric store, we go every day almost. I really like the dolls you ladies have made so far, too cute. Can't wait to make my best friend. I think I like the names Oliva or Beverly or maybe I will name her Frannie. I use to have a cat named Petunia too sweet.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  2:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,

I'll take good care of little Viola Mae. And soon she'll have cousins to gossip with! If she gets to missing Kentucky, we'll just have to visit you. Thanks!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  2:14:26 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Paula,

What is grunge? Are you still sitting by the mailbox?

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe

Edited by - blueroses on Feb 09 2006 2:16:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

applelady
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Gail
Grand Rapids MI
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  3:08:02 PM  Show Profile
Is it too late to get in on the class? I would really love to have the pattern. I will email you my address.

Gail
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

fairview tx
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie - I made it on here! Love reading all those pages of doll making instructions and such great pictures. Enjoy all the posts, suggestions, etc. Can't wait to get my pattern! And, can't wait for those sweet bunnies to come to my house - just the cutest!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:23:51 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Sandi!!
Hey Frannie are there any bunny eggs left by now? If so I would sure like to get one..any one at all..the cutest one left!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:27:22 PM  Show Profile
i think there are about four sittin' downstairs on the kitchen windwsill .. i'll have Sister Roberta Rabbit choose a cute'un for ya!

xo i don't have any of those 'padded envelopes' .. and hate to use a BOX .. cuz' i'm afeared the postage will cost most as much as the bunny. anyone ever MAKE a padded envelope that didn't tear apart in the mail? xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:36:58 PM  Show Profile
debbie .. look at paula's adorable dolls on her web-site .. that is ultimate grunge. it gives the dollies (and other grunged treasures) a much more 'time-worn' look. there are lots and lots of ways to 'grunge' ... can't wait to hear paula's recipes!

i've grunged by dying and painting and sanding and shoe-polishing and 'walnut-staining' .. and 'cinnamon-izing' and adding vanilla and other yummy flavors (not oils though .. cuz they stain where i don't want it to). it's a 'layering' thang. make a little sumpthin' .. and start playing with it to make it look olde and worn out and like the dawg has chewed on it! it really can be a very endearing look!

staining and BAKING gives quite a grunge look .. but i've not had great luck with that technique .. cuz' too often i get a big-butt stain streak across her little face so's it looks like she's met up with jack the ripper! or stan the slasher!

i think my most favorite 'grunge' look is when i take a pre-stained dolly outside and play in the DIRT with her .. yep! good 'ole dirt stains just like the kiddies used to get all over their dolls!

gail wilson .. on the other hand .. has a marvelous philosophy about 'reproduction' dolls .. she believes that 'stains' should not be too noticeable and then only where a child's hands would have held onto and touched the dolly often. she also has a fantastic STAINING compound .. smells like brown shoe polish .. but she assured me it is NOT! it's a tiny little tin and is a little costly but goes a VERY LONG way when used with her method. google gailwilsondesigns.com (GAIL is and always has been MY DOLLY GURU!) ask to be on her mail list .. and tell her 'frannie from crooked tree hollow' sent me. (gail came to maryland to teach our doll club .. and i thought i'd died and met the 'mother theresa' of dolldom!)

have received four more requests for dolly patterns .. i 'think' i'm out .. and have to make a trip to town (ha! 30 miles .. one-way .. from here) .. but i'll head that way before the week is over .. get more copies and send them on their way to you!!

xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:44:06 PM  Show Profile
I have made it work if I use enough tape (the homemade padded envelopes I mean) thanks Frannie!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  4:47:07 PM  Show Profile
i'll try to squish that little darlin' between two hunksa' cardboard then tape the beeeejeeeezuz outta' it!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  5:05:29 PM  Show Profile
I will fluff him or her back up when he or she gets here and explain the rough treatment...heehee.
Let me know how much I owe you for postage too and I will get a check right out to ya!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  5:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I got my pattern today. Thank you so much for mailing it! This may be a stoopid question, but do I enlarge the pattern or use it as is? Thanks!

Come visit my Etsy store at www.chezPatricia.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  7:59:30 PM  Show Profile
Whoo Hoo! Got my pattern today too! Thanks Miss Frannie! Can't wait to get started!! Julia V.

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  9:40:50 PM  Show Profile
My Pattern was in the ol'mail box today! Sweet!

Thanks Frannie,
Theresa
Go to Top of Page

farmgrlchick
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Theresa
Columbus Montana
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2006 :  9:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Love the pocket bunnies, I am a bunny freak! (if there is such a thing) I try real hard not to get carried away. But Frannie would love if you posted a how to on those bunnies....

Theresa
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:13:16 AM  Show Profile
OH Gail Wilson is the one that made a doll (really 3) for the movie :Tuck Everlasting: I love that movie and I have it in my collection. I would love to make the doll but cant aford it right now, and her kit is in the close out bin, Boohoo, oh well guess it wasnt meant to be. lol
I used to be on a doll list with Gail.
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2006 :  12:17:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes got the doll pattern today also
thanks so much Frannie
My Dh was leaving so I made him promise if there was anything from Kentucky, would he pleassseee bring it back up the driveway for me. and he did, Im going to get him trained yet, hes only 63, maybe its to late. lol
shirley
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Cabin Fever Doll Class Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page