Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:31:56 PM  Show Profile
Tracey, yikes! :) Well, look, I dunno, the poor fools try their best, I think, they just don't understand US! We are rather demanding creatures. I mean, GIFT WRAP a present? What's the point, we're just gonna tear if off anyhow...perfectly good waste of pretty paper! :)

Hehee, I guess what I am trying to say is that we are each strange and weird to the opposite sex so...umm...let us be strange and weird...together (?!)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  08:18:53 AM  Show Profile
This post made me laugh, too....Sorry, Jo...you just never know what is in their heads, that's for sure. Your man is giftingly challenged, as are most. I recall the Valentine's day that I didn't get anything at all....after two weeks of hype at how great he was at Valentine's Day! Apparently, he psyched himself out--I was pretty angry!

My man really tries to be thoughtful--sure, he's had his misses, like the one where he got me really beautiful (really tasteful) lingerie from a high end store in Hyde Park--but that's more for him, right? But, for this Christmas, he really put his thinking cap on, it just didn't fit all the way!!!

See, I have a huge apple bushel full of lovely handspun wool yarn that I haven't been able to use because I don't have a swift and the last time I tried to make my own ball, I ended up cussing like a sailor, and had yarn strung all over the house like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. It was a waste, and I was so very angry at myself (and the cats and dogs).

So, bless him, he ignored everything else on my list (with the exception of the No. 1 thing I wanted--Crabtree & Evelyn's Spider Lily fragrance) and got me a really lovely wooden swift. Which is wonderful...except he forgot to get the ball-winder. I didn't have the heart to tell him because he was sooooo well-pleased with himself! But then, he asked me last night why I haven't used it yet..He also said that I should "be knitting more, anyway.." which made me wonder if this wasn't one of those "backhanded" compliment gifts He told my mother and a friend on Christmas day that by next Christmas they should all have one of my creations because now there was no excuse! Either he has a lot of faith in my creativity, or he thinks I'm lazy...haven't figured it out yet.
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:08:33 PM  Show Profile
Earlier I told you my daughter's comment about the one brain cell for all the guys. Now I have to tell you why she feels that way.

No young man she meets can live up to her father. My husband is wonderful about all the things we women normally complain about. I get flowers and cards for no reason, he runs me baths to relax -complete with wine, he takes out the garbage, does the dishes, and cooks(all without being asked). When I leave on business trips I come home to a spotless house!!!! He is super romatic - even after 30 years of marriage. My mother swears they made only one like him. Now my 3 daughters compare all the men to him. My youngest daughter is constantly saying how her husband "Isn't anything like dad". The fact is her husband is normal & yes I count my blessings

live well,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children"

Edited by - corporatefarmgirl on Dec 31 2008 1:09:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Hmmmm....one shared brain cell. Gabe if you're reading this, close your eyes, lol.
I got a coleman cooler for Mother's day one year. Really tho, I guess they are just human, which is lucky for us, cause we are too, hehehe.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:28:34 PM  Show Profile
Alrighy ladies, I HAVE the ANSWER! I forgot that, years ago when I mentioned something online about this same, ahem, *concern* I had about men, she sent me this! A big stress reliever I say, and fun, even!

http://www.davidandgoliathtees.com/games/throwrocks.html

Enjoy! And remember to keep up your sense of humor!

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  1:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Good game, it was fabu,lol!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  4:55:42 PM  Show Profile
Well, according to my MIL-- SHE raised her son well, but.... something happened when he "Grew up" I guess. Don't get me wrong, I do love my husband-- faults and all (and the good Lord knows he has MANY!!! but then, I'm sure he'd say the same about ME!).

He forgot my Birthday THREE YEARS in a row!!! And this last anniversary (#19) he didn't even wish me a "Happy Anniversary," let alone give me a gift, or a kiss, or even a HUG! After all these years I have learned not to be TOO terribly hurt by his "forgetfulness." (though I have to admit, a little TWINGE does strike now and then). It's just the way he is. SELFISH. SINGLE MINDED. SELF CENTERED. sigh..... but, what's a girl to do? I could do MUCH worse, after all, AND he does have his good points I guess. When he DOES come out of his own little world and remembers that I'm here, he's very sweet and can be thoughtful as well.

I've decided I'm not going to read this post anymore. It's a bit too depressing -- especially the ones from the ladies who have PRINCES for husbands!!!!! (LOL!!) Hugs to all ~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile
You actually get yours to put the trash out, Zan?!

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  5:31:33 PM  Show Profile
Jo at least you got a present! I didn't
At least his Mom is still alive! My hubby's Mom passed away two years ago at Christmas time......
I would love to have my Mother-in-law back again and for us both to get the same gift from our dear man.
so DO NOT SHOOT HIM - except with your camera ... please just give him a hug and take a picture of it on the delay setting on your camera and then make that "hug shot" his wallpaper on his computer, and the first picture in your frame.
HAppy new year! Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  12:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Hehee, Lisa, he is one of those rare guys who came WILLING to take out trash! Yes, they do exist!! :)

Teresa, I loved the game too, it gets addictive to see how many rocks hit how many boys :)

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Go to Top of Page

mrs. graham
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Marqueta
Shelley ID
50 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  08:47:47 AM  Show Profile
Wow, ladies, does my mother ever need to read this? She and my father were divorced when I was three, and she was always telling about how he forgot her birthday, or Valentine's Day, and how for Christmas he gave her a book called "How to Live on Nothing". How he would take forever to unplug the sink, install the new carpet sitting rolled up on the floor, etc. etc.

I used to think he was some kind of evil monster, and then I got married! And I looked the book "How to Live on Nothing", and it actually sounds like a thoughtful gift!

~Marqueta

"Organic farmers are in touch with their roots!"
My blog http://sweetefelicity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  4:19:56 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe the responses from all of you! The coleman cooler won the prize! I'm leaving for India on Friday and Paul is saying how much he'll miss me.........

It's a new year, and yes I really love this guy..........

"life is drab without a lab"
http://web.mac.com/thomja/
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  4:49:13 PM  Show Profile
Safe travels! Pick some tea leaves for me...

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Family Matters: Previous Topic men Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page