Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  10:03:39 PM  Show Profile
For whatever reason it is, I find that God is bringing people into my path that need to talk or that need a friend or just so can get to know them. I don't know why He does this. I always feel like "why me, God?" It's not that I am saying. Why do I have to deal with this, but rather, what can I possibly do or be for these people that He has let me cross their paths.
Well, tonight I found out something very important that I already knew, but I think God was trying to reiterate to me. No matter where you are in life, or what your age, or status, or whatever, there is always something that you are that someone else needs. Whether its to hear an experience (and I hate those kinda, because inevitably, I will have to share some deep dark secret that I wanted to forget about my passed, but God is nudging me to tell)or maybe just tell what good things He has done for me.
I find myself very thankful for those deep dark secret times that I want to forget right now, because God is able to use them in someone elses life, to draw them closer to Him.
Please pray for me that I would be a willing vessel. ( I sure do hate having to get those skeletons outta my closet sometimes!!)

hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  09:38:30 AM  Show Profile
Good for you Jesse. God will MAKE you willing if that is what he wants you to do!! My brother is going through a terrible time right now and my cousin called and talked to him and she had gone through much of the same thing and no one even knew it!!! BUT she was willing to share with my brother and it has helped him tremendously, so, you never know what it might do!!
I am going to e-mail you also!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  1:50:01 PM  Show Profile
Jessie, you are so blessed to be used by God this way. Just be obedient and have a willing heart and it will all fall into place, for you and them. He will see you through!

Hugs and prayers, Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  10:55:54 PM  Show Profile
One thing I have found Jess, is that when God starts poking at those sore spots-- it's because he wants to heal them. After all, when you have a sore that won't heal, what's the FIRST thing the doctor does? He cuts that bad boy open and lets that wound BLEED!!! Does the Bible not say that God himself is the "Great Physician?"

I think God is bringing those people into your life, even for the briefest second, not only so YOUR stories of the things you would rather keep buried are brought to light in their OWN eyes, but that by letting those "Skeletons" out of the "Closet" you are finally allowing those festering wounds to heal. (even if you don't REALIZE they are wounds-- but you wouldn't want to keep them hidden if they weren't, would you?) Don't feel bad, and certainly DON'T feel guilty about sharing those things about yourself with others. He knows YOU need that healing as well!!! HUGS! HUGS! HUGS! my WONDERFUL pen pal!!!! ~~~~ XXOO ~~~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  06:29:09 AM  Show Profile
I believe as we walk our journey in this life that people join us for however long that duration is. When they travel with me or take a new road I feel honored that I have met them and shared a tear even a hello. God works in mysterious ways. Often I have found strength in their stories and have shared their gifts and feel I have also given them something in return. We are all different but share the path. Jessie, you are one of those gifted people. ((hugs))

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  06:36:13 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
what a good topic...it makes sense to me. I keep hearing that our only job on earth is to help others, or in other words LOVE each other. Sounds like you do that!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  06:42:12 AM  Show Profile
You are just a very nice person Jess.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  06:52:43 AM  Show Profile
You don't always have to share the secret to be helpful. The common bond gives you empathy for the situation of the other person which, in turn, allows you to be understanding, compassionate and able to guide them in a better direction. I often find they are not looking for someone to commiserate with, but more for a softer place upon which to lay their burdens. Your tender heart seems to be just the place in which to do that very thing.

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  09:46:05 AM  Show Profile
Just the fact that you are open to God's leading is so pleasing to Him! I always think of it as God's way of helping me take my eyes off whatever situation I'm in so that I can focus them somewhere else. It helps to me to put my situation in perspective that way. You are a sweet and giving person!! I will certainly be praying for you.

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  12:15:13 PM  Show Profile
Kay,
That is a very good way of looking at it. Heaven knows that I've got plenty to be keeping my mind off of. :O) It has been very encouraging to read all of your responses. I wasn't sure how this post would be received. I have met so many new farmgirls and getting down to the nitty gritty with a few of them and it has been wonderful. I was hoping no one would take it to heart. In this post I was talking about a family matter, but I knew you all would have some good insights for me. :O)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  7:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Just know Jess, your not alone with deep dark secrets,..
Tis freeing to our inner beings, to be true to ourselves, and when God brings those to us, if we, but, get it out in the open, then we will be freer in our hearts.
He is more apt to work in us, to set us even freer(if that makes sense).Our flesh(self) does not want to be free, it wants to hang on to those secrets, why?, cause we are fleshly...listen Jess, and be free in your heart.

Farmgirl Sister #368

http:/froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile
You are all right on target tonite! Hubby is an alcholholic also, and a mean one at that.He did all the awful things drunks do, and more. After 40 years of drinking, he quit cold turkey and hasnt touched it again in 6 years! It wasnt anything I did or said, or AA or meds. He was diagnosed with oral cancer, from smoking and fertilizing it with beer. He quit right then and there, and is usually a pretty good guy to be with. Unfortunately, he is also a totally disabled VietNam vet (highly decorated). He has been is physical pain every minute of the last 42 years, so he has earned a right to be grouchy now and again. But life is so much better now. He is in a good remission and out works every other 60 y/o man Iknow. and quite a few 40 y/o. I know that all my years of nagging, crying, threats, encouragements, prayers,hopes and help did absolutely nothing. He did it all and I amvery greatful. Have hope, it may happen for you.
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  08:00:12 AM  Show Profile
I once heard a saying that really sticks with me:

"There are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who don't, and those who learn from other people's mistakes."

Sometimes we can help others by sharing our mistakes so that they can learn from them. Mistakes are often shameful or hurtful to us but if sharing your experence can help someone else not go through the same thing they are worth sharing. And sometimes you don't have to share your own secrets in order to help - it just enlightens you more to their problems and from your past experiences you can draw the wisdom to know how to help them. Either way, God has a way of bringing the right people into our life (or bringing us into the life of another) at just the right time. It's up to us to take advantage of that and be His vessel to help.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  09:58:01 AM  Show Profile
Jessie - hope God provides you with wisdom and joy and the peace that you need to help those around you. You must have a wonderful personality and spirit to care so much and want to help so much. Good for you!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Those Deep Dark Secrets Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page