Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Family Matters
 Wild winds, winter fiery and Merry Christmas ya'll
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Family Matters: Previous Topic Wild winds, winter fiery and Merry Christmas ya'll Next Topic  

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  11:52:55 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and very Happy New Year! We went to bed last night to winds that tipped me over feeding (LOL) and woke up to what my husband thought he could get out in to go to work and ended up making it to the end of the driveway and back into the house! The snowplow got stuck on our road!!! I watched someone roll their car in the median on the highway today and made sure they were alright and then counted my blessings! Through it all, I know that it's worse in other places besides here and we should all count our blessings. I've had a hard time with the whole winter weather and holiday season this year (bills, economy etc.), although through it all what matters most isn't the wind, snow, rain etc. it's Christmas Day and the meaning of Christmas...

My parents called and for the first time "ever" they can't make it in for Christmas, I'm sad, the kids are sad but it's better that they stay in a "safe" place than to battle the weather and we're blessed that they stay safe and that the family that does decide to battle the weather to make it here...makes it safely if they choose to do so. Instead of inviting just family this year, we've invited friends that are alone...friends that don't have family near or aren't able to spend it with their family. We feel blessed that they're able to spend it with us.

I'm rambling, and yes I do this once in awhile, I'm in a horrible sappy mood! The main thing I wanted to say is Merry Christmas to all of you and please try to keep the true meaning in your heart! We're looking forward now to a snowy blizzard and riding our horses with all of our kids on Christmas Eve! Just may start a new tradition here!(and I'm sure the horses can make it through what the snow plow couldn't!) Happy Holidays ya'll!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Peachy,
Sounds like you guys are getting hit. I am sorry that your parents wont make it for Christmas; but you are right having them safe is the most important thing and the kids will find away to make the day special. Merry Christmas to you and to yours.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  11:50:06 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes we have to rearrange our plans. Hope that you and your parents will be safe and warm this week. Have fun starting a new tradition.

We had to move from Kalispell this summer down to Billings. We are going to set up our new outdoor fire pit and roast marshmallows on Christmas Eve. I hope that some of our neighbors will come out and share. Starting something new is always an adventure.

Have a safe and warm Merry Christmas.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  8:56:05 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Just an update...we had a wonderful Christmas!!! We did miss my mom and dad and the family that couldn't make it here. My son and daughter in law made it here through the sleet and rain! We also had my husbands 3 kids here and my daughter, along with that - I invited our neighbor who was alone for the holidays and my husbands "ex" mother in law, her 2 grandsons, grand-daughter and fiance. (Alittle strange having an "ex" mother in law so everyone thinks but she's also our neighbor and a great friend!) We had a wonderful Christmas! My husbands nephew made it home from Iraq and talked and talked about the wonderful Christmas he was able to have here! He and my son hit it off and shared stories and eased my sons mind alittle as his 2 best friends are leaving for Iraq in March. Sometimes there are small blessings in disguise!

Madelynee, my son use to live in Great Falls, when I went to visit him we went to Kalispell and I loved it there so much I named my kitten "Kalispell" and planned on moving there before I found this new love of my life hubby!!! (this is now both our dream!) I hope you had a great time roasting marshmellows on Christmas Eve!!! Life in general is an adventure sometimes!!!

Peace to all!!!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic Wild winds, winter fiery and Merry Christmas ya'll Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page