Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic 15 minutes Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  07:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Who would like to join me in a "Get organized" before the end of the Year challenge?? Really, it won't take long. We are NOT talking organizing house, top to bottom, but little bits and pieces that will send you off into a more organized 2009.

Today's Focus:
1. Children bathroom or space- wherever you keep the little one's "stuf"- closet, cabinet, etc- Go through and throw out expired medicine and products, organize almost empties and new containers, find homes for "lost" items, etc. Take everthing out and wipe down all surfaces. If you don't have kids, then give your own bathroom cabinent a once over.

2. Extra credit- under the kitchen sink- this is my catch all. I am going to clean it out, wipe it all down and LABEL everything. I don't have a handy dandy labeler, but I am going to print these and use packing tape to adhere them.

http://www.gingerbreadnook.com/labels/labels1.html

But just do a search to find something you like.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  6:17:06 PM  Show Profile
I plan on doing this starting Friday, the 26th. I have some time off over Christmas-New Years.
I try to keep up on the medication etc. But the rest of the house is getting a once over.
I just need to get rid of some "stuff!"
I am hoping to fill up my trunk and back seat to head over to Good Will.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1403 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1403 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  6:29:58 PM  Show Profile
Just an aside, what does the bottom of your undersink look like? Mine has that plastic sticky-back vinyl on it and I want to change it. It is very bumpy because of the moisture it has garnered over the years. What would you do?

Betty in Pasco
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  6:57:46 PM  Show Profile
If it is as old as mine was, I would remove it if possible. Mine peeled up very easily.
Otherwise, use a good grease cutting cleaner, maybe add some baking soda to scrub it down and let it air dry really well. You will probably have to apply new stuff or paint over it.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  05:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Mine is just wood. We removed the ugly vinyl tile that was under there. Scrubbed it with baking soda and vinegar, left to doors open for it to dry. We then applied wood sealer and now, if something leaks, it just puddles up. You can find environmentally sound wood sealer.

Heather

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  05:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
***TODAYS GOALS***

1. Organize the sock and undies and put together the misc. items like scarves, boots, hats, belts, etc.

2. Extra credit- give your shoes a clean wipe. Give them a polish or a dry brush gentle scrub or if they are flip flops or CROCS, spray them down with vinegar. Add some powder to keep them smelling fresh. Put shoes to be donated or repaired in a box in the car. (I keep a box in my Jeep just for donations. As it fills, I donate. I keep a box because a bag just looks like every other bag in there.)

Heather

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  08:42:39 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
****MONDAY****
1. Clear a path in the garage. I am posting this because a family became trapped in their house during a fire and could have used the garage to get out IF there was a path. VERY DANGEROUS!!! So, even if you can't organize the whole thing, at least make a path, for safetys sake. : )

2. Extra Credit- Organize the Christmas boxes so when the holiday is over, it will be easier to put things away.

Heather

Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic 15 minutes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page