Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  9:34:13 PM  Show Profile
Not rise from ashes, more like surface from being buried in all sorts of wonderful stuff in "the room" as Larry calls it. Actually, he's not mentioned it in a long time, but I'll assume he opens the door occasionally, shakes his head and closes it again. No words from him is a good thing :) To be honest, they've already brought out a newer Bernina, the 8 series, so I want to use mine before a 9 series is sold. And I do work better under pressure, especially the day the grouch comes home from Alaska every 6 weeks. Panic time and that's when stuff gets shoved into the room if I don't know what to do with it right then. Never to be seen again :)
Was looking at the walls in the laundry room yesterday, thinking how nice a row of mini's would look under the sunflowers that were stenciled all around the room by the couple who had this house built.
Only a few more days to work and then I'm off with pay until Jan 6th. Yipppeee. Recession, what recession...toy/game shelves are getting bare and not just the $10 stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  10:43:53 PM  Show Profile
hey what about me you forgot to put me on lol so i hadnt officially said i want in yet but your suppose to be able to see into the future

lavendar girl
http://lavendarfieldsdreamer.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  11:07:59 PM  Show Profile
Wowwwwiiiieeee, Ronna and Miss Dana have jumped in.
We shall celebrate big time!!!!!!
Teresa we knew you would show up, I already signed you up.....lol love ya girlie...........lol

Ronna, so no more pressure soon from Christmas, it will be to get those minis done!!!!!!

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:17:47 AM  Show Profile
oh my gosh you gals are histericall, aaaahhhh must let crazy cat in she is trying to open the front door. gonna go lay in my cozy bed and read for awhile before the kiddos wake up and start our day.

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:36:33 AM  Show Profile
Whoo Hoo!

Alright your all in Girls!

Ronna! Shock & Awe! i am SOooo tickeld girl!

Teresa.. & Audrina I didn't want to just ASSume.. & throw you girls in on this one since I had been such a Slacker last time around.. i wanted to let everyone decide for themselves if they Really wanted to play in the sandbox again!

Dana! COOL! So glad your in kiddo!

LOOk at US GO!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  09:41:25 AM  Show Profile
Kathie, I think we all had fun even if some of were very late (speaking of myself)! I think with this it's the journey of getting to the end together and cheering on those who are behind, which is what I appreciated so much! I am so excited to do this again!

Monica

farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, I have been away for a little while, I would like to join in again on this one, The mini aprons are one of my favorite swaps, I hung my birthday ones up along with my fourth of July ones in my craft room, they look so cute, Can't wait, I will get started soon!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  2:53:37 PM  Show Profile
I would love to join this. It sounds like a great way to de-stash......since I joined stashaholics......LOL
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:46:57 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  08:28:17 AM  Show Profile
Kathie,
Do you have a sign up closing date? So we will know how many to get done.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  2:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Shoot for 25 for the time being. If we don't reach that mark (although looks like we probably will)
any extras you make can be used/given in other ways. ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  5:08:34 PM  Show Profile
Got em done.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  6:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Okie doke, Kathie...count me in on this one and I'm NOT backing out with any excuses! So there..LOL I want to have this garland of holiday mini's for my tree next year..YAHOO..will be the first I'll put up in soooo many years.

Ronna, good girl...I can hear the Bernina squealing with delight.

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Rug Hooking, Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~My Website Catalog... More coming one day!!!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  6:59:07 PM  Show Profile
Good Grief Diana! You're done??

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Rug Hooking, Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~My Website Catalog... More coming one day!!!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  7:07:29 PM  Show Profile
I think the Bernina will be in shock when I finally put it to work. Without deadlines, no telling how long it might take me. Have my 18 yr old grandson here for the holidays, so will have him help me with moving stuff around and out of that room so I can really and truly finally sew.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  8:01:23 PM  Show Profile
Mini's here we come.....lol

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

crazyapple
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Cyndi
Gladstone Oregon
USA
14 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  12:57:47 AM  Show Profile
I'm brand new and never done one of these swaps but I wanna play. Is there still time to sign up? What do I do, besides making a small apron? How small? Any parameters I have to follow?

Crazyapple

"It's Never Too Late To Be Who You Might Have Been" G. Eliot
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  05:12:45 AM  Show Profile
ck my post on page 1 Cyndi. ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  07:10:41 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Ronna, lol at first I read that your 18 MONTH old son was with you....I was imagining him helping you move stuff....lol

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  3:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Holy Smokes! LOOK AT US GO!!

Ok.. Diana.. Rule # 1 Slow the heck down woman.. your already making the rest of us look bad!
Alright.. bad isn't even the word for it.. how about.. Those that can't qualify for the Special Olympics even! & Hush.. I don't want to hear anything about PC.. if ya didn't already know this about me.. NOW ya do..
Jeezz.. ! really done..? already! what on earth are you Doing.. Subing these out?..
Employing Fairies to come in & work nites for you.. or GOD!! No..~ DON'T TELL ME!
Your another one that DOESN'T Sleep either!!!
Holy cow !

Ok.. JK.. SO Glad to see your on top of things Kiddo!
Ok Girls.. the Bar's been set! EASY there.. I Didn't say OPEN.. I said SET!
Yes.. I heard a few of ya stiring.. & No.. It's NOT Mojito Time! It's Stitching Time!
So lets get it in gear!!!!!
I have to go in search of some nifty Fabric I reckon.. I'm still at a loss for my theme yet.. But when it comes to me.. WATCH OUT LADIES!! EMEBELISHMENT will be my Middle Name!

Your all signed up now.. so go check out your sweet little names on page one!
Then get to stitchen'!

I'm really excited! The More the better I say! I love a Big Bunch-O-Mini's on a Swap!
Ok.. Call Me Greedy!!
Love ya Girls..

(Just to recap the guidelines in case your new or have forgotten.. They are usually about the size of your hand.. about a 3x5.. nice long Apron Strings.. Since thise is what Ties us together.. right Sisters? & You'll each make one for everyone in the Swap PLUS ONE.. So if it turns out there are 25 Girls on the list.. Make 26.. We always Send Mary Jane a Batcg as well..
What they look like or the style of Apron you choose to do is entirely up to you.. Oh.. And the Theme.. We always try to stick somewhat to the same Theme.. that way each Batch of Mini's SORT Match each other on any Given Swap...
You Are The Artist' ! You can make each one the same.. or every one different.. all each Girls person choice! Have Fun!)

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Edited by - Kathie on Dec 22 2008 3:44:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  07:46:47 AM  Show Profile
hey kathie i was wondering if we could add an additional one beyond mary janes, in memory of clare and send it to her family.

hmmmm.... open bar sounds great gonna have some kahlua and cream while i make mine and that is how you will now they are mine cause all the lines will be crooked lol

i have to go figure out my fabric but i have to wait to start till after christmas, i still have to wrap and decorate the lonely tree. i finally got a path dug out to the shed(some parts were up to my waist Ikes) to retrieve the ornaments

lavendar girl
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  11:59:12 AM  Show Profile
I want to join in too. please email me your address so I can send them to the right person.

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  12:52:55 PM  Show Profile
Wow, this is getting exciting! I have a plan to get these done in time! I figured I would sew a couple every other day in January and then come February I will be done and not be one of the last ones to get theirs in this time! That's the plan at least!

Monica

farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  08:56:33 AM  Show Profile
I cannot wait to get started...I've been busy embroidering 34 - count 'em - teatowels for the past few months for Christmas presents (I put 2 in an old quart-size baling wire canning jar with mini soap from a local goat farm as gifts), and in between knitting myself wooly socks. So I have not seen my sewing machine since the last green leaves were still on the trees! I will start playing with fabric combinations this weekend, yay!

I also second the idea of mini's for MJ and Clare's family.

Farmgirl Sister #204
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  08:49:25 AM  Show Profile
May I have spot number 25 I think I will give it a whirl but for return postage I usually send american money order which hopefully covers properly if that is ok Kathie, these will be my first ones so I am going to have to figure them out. lol
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page