Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2009 :  06:00:17 AM  Show Profile
Sorry for the hold up girls, I plan to get finished and in the mail this weekend, I think 30 was way to much for me, I have about 4 to go and am BURNT out! Again, sorry for the delay!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2009 :  8:42:15 PM  Show Profile
Lordy lordy LORDY!! Well i know where I've been.. At least when one of me thinks to remember to tell one of me where anyway.. but i'm wondering where all of YOU are???

Baby Girls?? all i'm hearing are crickets....

Jess.. I am so sorry about your grandmother sweetie..
I hate being so far away from you.. are you ok? Please call me.. I know I have been the worst friend ever to just about everyone this past year.. & I'm sure I'm on the verge of being fired by most of you.. But remember how much I do love & adore you all please My Dears..
& that I don't neglect you intentionaly.. My life just so happens to suck quite severly actually
So i'd just as soon cocoon as to suck anyone else into the wonderful bits of chaos I live in you know.. So rather then share.. I shrivel & withdraw.. Nothing personal.. i just hide..

And then of course there's my all so wonderful job..
Did i mention that we are now fluctuating between 10 and 15 hours of mandatory Overtime per week right now? yes.. great fun of course.. And then of course there is the ever present mandatory
training classes that have been flung in our direction since after the 1st of the year.. Just finishing up with another one tomorrow.. Loads of fun of course.. this one was only 3 days.. the last one was 2 weeks.. I always look forward to these.. My meds always tend to kick in about
2 hours into the class.. never sure if i am going to want to fall asleep.. or want to run around the room like a speed freak.. but one gaurentee is i'll be damned aggitated at having to sit in a small room locked up with the same group of people for days on end talking about the same repetitive crap & personal experiences.. While myself all i want to do is run or tell them EXACTLY what i REALLY think of them all because one really awsome thing about some of MY medication as i phrase it is.. 'I seem to have lost my filter!'
Meaning.. I really could give 2 sh!ts what I say.. or who I say it to most of the time.. & I find that being brutally honest.. is the best medicine.. or at least gets the most bentertaining reaction out of everyone..! Because it doesn't seem to matter what you really say to people.. honest or other wise.. they rarely ever want to challange you on it..!

I find also..

yes.. really gone off track here now..

I find also.. that you can blatantly fabricate something JUSt for the heck of it..
& again.. people will not call you on it.. I am unsure as to why this theory works just yet
though.. but I've tested it over & over again.. & for the most part.. people let the most insane
things slide! Now i'm not saying you won't get some insane looks from people..
Because yes.. You will! But thats all part of the fun really.. but try it.. It's hilarious..

Easy stuff.. I lie about extremely obvious things.. & it's awesome to see someones expression as they do a double take & size you up.. then just go on & finishe what ever they were saying.

Now this one is a bit harder to figure out.. But for instance.. I lie about the color of my eyes.. Always have. I say I have Green eyes.. now I no more have green Eyes then i truly DID eat Green Eggs & Ham ,Sam! & people actually have to look at your eyes.. & they may think..
"Hhhhmmmmm.. " but never once has someone said... "uuumm , scuze me.. no you don't.."
Now it would be great if I had brown Eyes.. where it would be a True challange & i could say.. 'oh yes i o to!" But of course.. i don't.. their more bluish grey.. so.. no fun of course.. close enough.. where people have to think.. well.. hmm.. maybe..
But.. i still say i weigh 135 pounds too.. ok jes.. stop laughing.. Those of you that know me.. have seen me.. know damn well this couldn't be any farther then the truth.. But seriously.. i dare someone to tell me I don't.. It even says it on my drivers Licence!
I did have a taker on this one time.. but i really am not up to the Walmart fishing lisence Story tonight girls.. we'll really have to go into that tonight.. i really have gone so far off
the path tonight No amount of bread crumbs is going to help me find my way back now..!

Anyway.. I just wanted to let you know that I'm here.. working at this stupid job that i am so unappreciated at still.. Still waiting on this grandbaby.. Did I mention her name will be
Lucillette? Yes.. I thought that was pretty cute.. & they plan on calling her Luci.
& i finally have some construction projects completed by your dear brother in law Butch Baby..
We have a completed Hall Bath room.. we have a completed laundry room even have a wall between the two.. painted walls at that.. plumbing.. AND eletcrical Even! We have a back porch/Deck
up & stationary! With a Roof even if you can believe that!
Still waiting on the screen to be added.. but this is good.. i can deal!

AND had the baby Shower at my house on the 7th of March with over 30 People!
So There has been some major progress..

So.. I know where all of my many Minds have been girls..
Where are all of you??

Seems like we're are maybe better then Half way there on our Mini's do you think??

I got mail!!!
My Sweet SWEET Sister Karin!
Arrived! i ALWAYs so look forward to Karin's.. She always fusses & fusses for weeks .. telling
she doesn't know what she's going to do.. can't find the fabric she wants.. or lost her fabric.. or they look awful.. or they aren't turning out like she wanted.. Blah!
She's always her own worst critic! I wished my very very Best ones looked half as good as
ones she tossed in her scrap pile! She does THE most amazing things ALL the time!
I wait so anxiously every single time to see what she's going to come up with!
& yes.. Ms. Spear's She did it again! Adorable! beautiful! & amazing as Always!
You Sister are such a funny girl! I love them.. & know we are all in agreement in saying that we are all so excited & please to be able to get our hands on a piece of your artwork..
So Nah!

Now.. there's Karins.. Where are the rest of em Chickadee's???

Come on.. Mother Hen is Cluckin'!

Love ya ladies.. lets get a move on.. !

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  12:09:21 AM  Show Profile
I am a sad neglected hen who could scream her head off, ooppsss, some frustration showing there. I want my energy back, I want winter over with, I vote no more pain and it isn't even close to cooperating, shall I throw a real tizzy now.

Ok, Miss Kathie, will get back on it.

Glad to see you, girl I can use some great laughs from you. Life just aint the same without your humor, especially on a bad running spell if you get my drift girl!!!!!!

I know, the slacker briagade will try to get their butts in gear......right Jess.....lol.

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  2:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well Kathy didn't mention them arriving and my name isn't marked off so I guess I will make another batch of mini's and send them off? The first batch were no frills frilly apron minis but I don't think I have enought winter fabric left to do those again.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  4:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, Mine have been finished for 3 weeks or more...got interupted by the moving truck going up the mountain and now distracted by income tax season...oh, joy!

I'll get mine in the mail soon I promise.

Always good to hear about your workplace. I hope that all the meds are keeping the migraines away..they'll just have to put up with or overlook you. I've found that it helps in alot of cases to make people think you are crazy so they will leave you ALONE!! woohoo

Talk to ya soon,
Steph

Queen of Dreamsz ~ keeper of dream kingdom
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ My Creative Journey

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass…it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2009 :  9:53:43 PM  Show Profile
Swap Mama is back, now I have to behave.....mmmmwwwwhhhhaaaaaaa

Go to Top of Page

Kelly Wall
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Kelly
Apison TN
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  2:51:47 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, i mailed mine Friday, did they come yet? Glad to see your back!

Kelly
Farmgirl #238
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2009 :  4:23:55 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I am glad to know I am in good company in the slacker brigade! Mine are in the mail tomorrow! Too much craziness here at my little house! My apologies once again!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile
With today being the first day of spring, does that mean the "winter" minis should be done and mailed off? woulda shoulda coulda. none of the above here, sad to say. Well, it's still snowing some places and we might get more this weekend, so maybe the calendar is wrong and it's really still winter?
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  11:11:11 AM  Show Profile
Ronna, you are just trying to confuse us.....lol

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2009 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Bonne, since you finished yours 18 seconds after the swap was closed, not a thing for you to worry about! I want some of whatever gives you all the energy. Pretty please?
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2009 :  08:33:16 AM  Show Profile
bump

janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  8:09:57 PM  Show Profile
So when are these going to be mailed out?? Did I miss something?

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  10:29:03 PM  Show Profile
well part of it is my fault still working on mine and i started them way back when we first started the swap ikes i just cant seem to get these suckers done but i only have five left and i think i need more apron string material ikes i should have them done real soon and again girls i am really sorry
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2009 :  11:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh my Gosh! Do you know what I found yesterday in my stack? The ready to mail aprons!!!! I thought I had mailed them a long time ago but guess I didn't :)
Envelope is ready, just the stamps need to be put up. And because of my money situation I HAVE to pull out :) :) :)
I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY!! They are ready etc, but just can't mail them.

Maybe I can mail them to you on a later date? Or if you do another one I can include them then (money permitting ofcourse)
I enjoyed making them and saw all the aprons in my kitchen window already :( But guess I am a flake and that's me :(
AGAIN SO SORRY GALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  06:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I think mine are in the closet forgotten too. oops

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  06:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I'm still working on my replacement aprons. Found out my sewing machine got damaged in the move so it is being repaired.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:54:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, I admit I did send in the next set of mini aprons as well, so I can relax and maybe choose another swap to participate in. I reaooly enjoyed the polka dot ones, that was supposed to be the spring swap, right? RIGHT????? Oh I hope so.

I;ve spent the morning trying to get the pain pill/coffee balance just right, I have been cranking out little blocks for no known reasone. I have at least ten unfinished things I should be working on. Obviously I need to add more coffee to my schedule! Yes maybe that will be the answer, aolthough I think I am more in need of sunshine than anything. It has been raining and foggy for days and my road is just turning into a real obstacle course, it is just falling apart, many of the bigger roads are as well. It seems worse than usual, maybe it was all those below zero spells we had this winter.

So Kathie, have you got all your minis done? Like you have time for anything these days...I am sure life will be much better when that grandbaby shows up....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Dutchy,
Don't pull out, there are plenty of us who are not done yet, we will just beleive for some money to come in for you so you can mail them. You worked too hard to pull out girl and you need those aprons in your kitchen window!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  8:18:47 PM  Show Profile
Dutchy, I am with Carol Sue! You can't pull out! I think a big part of the swaps is getting to the end together and it would not be the same without you!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2009 :  10:23:49 PM  Show Profile
Okay, will send them when I can, lol. I too don't wanna pull out!! They are not heavy so guess not a lot of postage will be needed anyways.
And yes I DO need them aprons in my window :)

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2009 :  1:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have to pull out of this swap....I have a few done but all that a person needs to do is send Kathie 8 (for my share of the group). I lost interest in getting more minis...I have so many!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  1:13:07 PM  Show Profile
No Pulling out allowed.. Commitment.. Thats what Is allowed dang it Linda.. get your Butt in gear woman.. have you looked at page one??? Look how many are still out yet!
Get motivated Sister.. Do NOT make me come up there! Seriously.. It will NOT be pretty!
Dutchy.. YOU Either Woman.. Come on! Do you two hear the whip crackin' here!
Ok.. there are a couple of names that i haven't added yet.. Monoica's & one more.. I've been such an awful slacker here myself on that end of it.. But at least MINE are finished! As well as the REAL Apron ya bunch of Whooses! now Get to it!

ok.. I can remember what Monicas look Like.. I think! Shoot Girl..
i really Hope I get this right & am not describing the other one that came in..!
(Yes.. SHE's really going to be putting me on her list of yucky people right about now!)
ANYWAY! they are ALLLLLlll hand Painted! Snowmen.. or Snowman if memory Serves.. with wee little Aprons! SO Sweet! So your all way too spoiled! Not finish up your dern minins!
& YES!! i wasn't going to say anything about our over Acheivers! Uh hum!!! But KARIN!!!
DOES already have her next ones Finished & turned in already! CAROL SUE!!!!
POLKIE DOTS!! In YOUR HONOR!!! SOooooooo We need to get a Move on & GET THESE WInter Ones Finished before The year is Over With Ladies!!!!!!!

Ok.. I Have NEWS!!!!

I am A Grannie!!!!!!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!
04/07/09 Miss Lucillette Was born at 10:28am weighing in at 8lbs 7 oz. and was 21 in. long.
Both Baby.. & mommy are doing fine.. as is Daddy.. everyone is Home Happy & Healthy..

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  1:16:35 PM  Show Profile
whoooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  1:18:19 PM  Show Profile
PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASE no whipping, pleeeeeeeaaaaassee lol

I will send them this Tuesday, oke?????
I KNOW I would not like myself if I backed out, but with the payment troubles last weeks. But I have some money now, so can send them, YAYAYAYAYA

My personal blog:

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page