Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic
Page: of 17

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  09:25:58 AM  Show Profile
And me... my numero uno excuse is I have been fighting with my sewing machine for quite awhile now and I finally gave up or should I say it gave up. Anyways, the old Kenmore has done a great job over the years but I guess I just pushed it too hard. I had to run to WalMart to pick up a temporary sewing machine until I figure out what machine I want next.

Actually this little Brother isn't too bad, probably because I don't have to wrestle with it. :O) I was able to get a little over half of my aprons done yesterday and plan on finishing up today or tomorrow.

Sorry from me too...

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292

Edited by - Auntie Brenda on Feb 16 2009 09:28:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  09:35:04 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to ask on my last post...any suggestions on what sewing machines I should look into? My husband bought me the Kenmore 28 years ago on our second Christmas and I don't have a clue what brands to look at.

Thanks,

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  11:40:08 AM  Show Profile
I have a Husqvarna Viking and I LOVE IT! Our sewing machine shop has lately had lots of sales on their trade ins, which they personally clean and refurbish (if needed), so if you look for a sale like that, you could get a great deal. My mom had her Viking for 35 years before she passed away, then it went to my sister. It still works 40 years later!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  12:05:20 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, It may just need a good tune up! I have an old Sears Kenmore and I love it! Personally I am stuck on older machines! I have a 1955 Elna Supermatic, a 1954 Singer straight stitch, and a Singer Slant-O-Matic besides my Sears Kenmore and you would be hard to convince me to buy a new machine!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  1:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Ditto what Monica said. ;)

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2009 :  1:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls, all right no sweating it because life just plain happens to us all. This is a friendly swap where life just plain happens. Mine are not done yet as well, they may take a bit longer than I wanted.

Any of you needing Kathie's address just shoot me an email, Monica and Dana, just sent you emails.

Ok girls, breathe we will get here and love them when we do.....
take a breath, in, out in, out, ok.......good!!!
Now stop stressing this is for fun!!!!!

www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  3:37:33 PM  Show Profile
hey girls! mine are still here. surprise right! ha! anyway, my grandma died last week, so I have been busy with that. But now is time to push on through.

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MissDana
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

Dana
Carrollton Georgia
USA
348 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  3:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Ladies...the aprons have left the building....I repeat.....The aprons have left the building.

Kathie, it shouldn't take long for them to make it to Fla. from Ga.

Whew! I am so relieved!!!

Dana

Proud Farmgirl Sister # 267
www.schultztroupe.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Brenda
True Blue Farmgirl

168 Posts

Brenda
Boerne Texas
USA
168 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2009 :  06:09:00 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Ann, Monica & Bonne thanks for the sewing machinge advise. I would hate to give up on the Kenmore because it has done such a great job. I can't adjust the lower tension anymore and the needle shaft (is that what it's called?) is bent. :O( Is this something you think can be repaired?

Carol Sue, thanks for the encouragement! :O)

Jessica, so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. Hugs and prays to you and your family.

I'm almost there...I am hand painting mine again which is taking a little longer but I enjoy it so much. These don't have as much painting as the cupcakes did.

Can't wait to see everybody's! :O)

Brenda
Farmgirl Sister #292
Go to Top of Page

Laura Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

419 Posts

Laura
Rancho Cordova California
USA
419 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  8:16:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey Girls!
I just got done with my aprons!!!!! Yay!!!! They will be in the mail tomorrow when I get off of work. Yay! Now on to the pillowcase that I need to finish as well!
I get to excited about sign ups and before it I have all sorts of projects!
hehehehe
Farm Girl Hugs!

Laura Marie #369
www.lauramariedesign.com

"It's not the size of the farm but the size of your heart!"
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2009 :  8:25:05 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, Check around and see if you can't find a repair shop that will look at it to see what it needs free of charge! Some places will! A lot of parts are replaceable! Good Luck with it!

I am trying to get my mini's out a.s.a.p.! Sorry for the hold up! I thought the mail out date was Monday so I goofed to start and I have been sick all week so I am trying to catch up!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  04:58:57 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
the dog ate my minis..
LOL

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2009 :  05:11:01 AM  Show Profile
BOOHOO LInda, bad doggie!!

Mine are ready, have been for a while DUH!
Will mail them tomorrow YES!! Tomorrow they will be on their way WOOHOO!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Almost daily updates on me and mine :)
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  1:50:25 PM  Show Profile
where's our Swap Mama?!! We miss you Kathie!!

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  5:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Kathie ya where are you hope all is well
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2009 :  10:48:48 PM  Show Profile
Ins't her grandbaby due in March, I was trying to remember when. I bet she has been major busy helping and getting ready for the wonderful event.

No minis not done yet, give me a few more days girls, good thing this is a darn friendly swap.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2009 :  04:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
yes, good thing!
I sure miss Kathie! Her bedtime stories were so funny! I think we better nag her for some!

Linda
in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  07:19:13 AM  Show Profile
Hey Babies!!!!

I'm here! Sorry For My Absence!

I'm here been at the slave pit.. Stupid job.. I really do NOT like those people!
Actually.. i don't mind what i do.. strangely enough.. Getting screamed at all day by total Strangers doesn't bother me all that much.. (Yes.. i know.. weird as THAT sounds..)
It truly is the company.. & all the insane Politics, Double Standards.. & One sided crap that
I see going on around me.. & it's such a massive huge Company.. The right hand never seems to
know what the left hand is doing.. so there are constant issues.. One mainly is System issues..
which effects our Day to day work.. Which really is the most frustrating part of it all..

ANYWAY.. I knew I had to come catch up with you Dears..
I'm on Mandatory Overtime right now.. which you know How I just love this.
& on top of that.. they've slid my shift by two hours.. So i'm now working til 8:30pm!
I'm working every day excep Saturdays right now!
Girls.. I am NEVER going to be ready for this Dern Shower at this rate..
Which is the 7th!!!!!

UGH!!!

ok.. Late.. but here We Go!

MAIL!!!!!!

Not in any particular order.. & i Do apologize...

I may have already mentioned some of these.. so forgive me if i have..

Laura Marie's have arrived!!! They are sticking with the Blue theme of course!!!!
& our Ever Now Popular. Yes.. you Guessed it! SNOW!!! Sliver Snow Flakes!
She has the neates Name Tags on these too.. i am constantly impressed with people that can come
up with things to do on their computers & printers & scanners.. i am the biggest idiot when it comes to this stuff.. I hit PRINT.. & nothing happens.. after that.. I'm lost..

Seriously.. Even at work.. the Tech Guys are like.. Ummm.. what have you done now.. (And I swear I hear them under their breath on the other end of the line say.. "you silly idiot")
We don't get a paper Pay Stub.. we have to print our own off line if we actually want it..
So I'm like Oh Jeez.. here we go.. Now my Printer is like 20 feet from me..
So I brave it.. i'm ready.. I'm on my screen.. everything looks good, all my things are lined up.. looks like it's set for the correct printer for the many ones it could possibly go to.. I hit print.. I stand up.. I watch for my printer to do something.. NOTHING..
I don't see anything going on down there.. I don't hear anything happening.. I wait a second..
Crap! Where is it! I yell down to my Friend Wynn.."Wynn.. Do I have anything on the printer?"
He looks at me sadly.. Stands up.. walks over to my enemy.. turns around and looks at me &
shakes his head in pity.. he knows I've done it again.. DAMMIT!
I throw my headset down.. & storm down there.. Naturaly HE doesn't know what he's doing..!
I walk over to the enemy.. & start jabbing buttons!
Nothing works.. It's just blinking at me apologetically.. it doesn't have anything for me.. Wynn walks over to me & puts his arm around my shoulder & says he's sorry..
I push him away from me & tell him to shove it..
& walk back to my desk.. recalculating my steps..
I sit there for a few minutes.. put my headset back on.. & dial the Dinner show in another City
Carole Answers.. I say.. "Carole.. Hi.. It's Kathie In Tampa.."
She says.. " Morning Sweetie.. Would you Like for me to shred your Paycheck again?"
I say "Yes Please" & I can hear giggles in the back ground as I hang up..
STUPID FREAKING PRINTER!!

so.. ok.. back to our Pretty Mini Mail!!

Oh Jennifer!! Your 2nd Half,.. that your doing With Linda has arrived too! SO Sweet!
Adorable little Ornaments!! I love these! all the colors look great with the ones with
gotten in so far too!

Dana!! Oh these are REALLY Lovely!! ALLllll Lace! Every One of them! Making the entie
Apron look like a Snow Flake! You'll love Dana's too girls!

Sheryl-Lyn's came! She always comes ups with the best ideas.. & makes me think! UGH!!
WHY didn't I think of this??? Felt! Light Blue & Powder Blue Felt Aprons.. With a big white
Snow Flake on each one.. THESE must have been such a chore to cute Out Woman!
& the ribbon waste bands are great! I love how these turned out!!!

Lila! YES!!!!!!!! Yours arrived baby! Sorry i made you worry!
They are here too kiddo! These are So Awsome! Some of them are really Primitive looking!
i love them..like an old Santa on them.. some have red...or plaid.. or stars.. or Holly Berries..
A really pretty Holiday Mix.. these just turned out SO pretty!!!
Can't wait for you all to see them!!!

Ann.. Red! My Favorite color! Lace!!! Snow Flakes.. ! I am SOOOOo Excited to See all of these Snow Flaked Mini's together! Seriously Ladies.. we almost could have said Lets do a
Snow Flake Mini Apron Swap! (I don't think mine have any on them though.. Hmmmmm..
If they do.. there are ver few,,)

And Ruth!

As I said I may have mentioned some of these but i'm trying not to forget anyone!

RUTH!! light Blue!! With lace Trim! & Snowmen! AND Snow Flakes Too! She's made sure she's
covered ALL the basis!
These are just adorable!!

Whew! i THINK that covers It !

if i've missed anyone that you think i should have gotten yours.. please let me know..
they gould be here & I just over looked mentioning them.. thinking that I may have already..ok..

Love ya Girls..

& yes.. Me & My Stupid Lack of working my Printer at work with my Paycheck will have to
be your bedtime story for now!

I promise I'll come up with something better sooner.. but that should at least make you laugh!

Happy Friday Baby Girls!

Kathie..
Farm Girl Sister #29

"In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Yourself.."

www.nitegardener.blogspot.com

www.NitegardenerLite.blogspot.com

http://www.nitegardener.etsy.com/

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile
Kathie~You are absolutely a riot. I am just ROTFL. Such a funny story.

I am glad you got my minis. Can't wait to see them all.

Sorry to hear about the work crap.

Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  07:57:11 AM  Show Profile
sounds like fun

http://hectichousehold.blogspot.com

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  5:59:01 PM  Show Profile
Thank god!!!

Thank god!!! you are ok and thank goodness I
don't have to make 30 plus mini aprons again for awhile!!!

Lila
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2009 :  10:26:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lila, how we can understand that one.

Thank you Kathie, I so needed my bedtime story.....in another city no less girl.....lmbo.......d*** printer indeed!!!!!!
And the stupid overtime crap again. Will they never let you get anything done.....you have places to be, things to do, a life to live darn them!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  3:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kathy-

Have you gotten mine? I sent them a while ago- like a week now I think?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2009 :  6:12:34 PM  Show Profile
I meant to mail mine last Friday, but it was something about the four feet of snow we had, oh yeah, it was raining and I believe I spentthe day in my pajamas doing the least amount of anything. Then Sunday it started snowing again, Monday morning another foot of snow, and half a foot more after that.
Do I sound annoyed? Whining? Well, my snow plow guy managed to show up while the post office was still open and he ordered me out of the driveway, he had to get a bigger truck and a bigger plow so he couldn't get up the hilla and around the circle with my car in the way. My house is disappearing into the landscape, BUT, I did finally get to the post office and mailed off my minis. I wasn't very happy with them, but it was the best I could do at that point in time. Oh well. I meant to put something in the package for you, Kathie, but I suspect I may just have shoved somnething else in there. I spent most of the weekend writhing in pain so i wasn't paying too much attention. Jesus, woman, you have to start yelling at those jerks, do you get grandmother leave? I count on you calling in sick for at least a month...Sorry you're working too hard, hope you are feeling ok.

People in Maine are pretty surly most of the year anyway, but this winter, I keep waiting for the fistfights in the supermarket, etc. We are all just tired of too much snow, really really cold weather in January, I mean we were wearing all our clothes at once, inside the house. And that is not a pretty sight...I finally broke down and bought a new pair of insulated gloves, I had about four right hand gloves from years past, so of course I immediatly lost one of them. I've decided to blame it on the raccoons, I would have blamed it on my gun crazed lunatic neighbor , but he has moved one more house down the road, he's built himself a lovely little residence in the back of a field. It has what might be considered windows, but they look more like gunslits to me He must be running real low on ammo money though, because I haven't heard much gunfire over there for the last six months. People who used to just grunt to acknowledge your prescence now snarl and if they start talking, take off! I don;t even look at the effing weather reports any more. Next time the snow plow guy scomes I expect him to be wearing a tuxedo snowmoblie souit and lots of gold chains (probably not, he's actually pleasant, I assume that's due to lack of sleep). You do see some pretty good getups at the store though, gotta get my laughs somewhere....

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com

Edited by - electricdunce on Mar 03 2009 6:20:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Winter Mini Apron Swap! Melting under the Sun! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page