Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Show me your sewing/craft area!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Show me your sewing/craft area! Next Topic
Page: of 2

happydaze
True Blue Farmgirl

136 Posts

lorraine
atlanta ni
USA
136 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  5:51:54 PM  Show Profile
I have plastic drawers with lots of small drawers, each labled with what goes into it. A bulletin board on the wall holds scissors and things I use alot and want to be able to see right away, closet is all shelves and drawers, It can be very tidy and organized. BUT usually I need the space for orphened or sick animals, or right now I have an incubator and a brooder in there.. last year I raised ducks and goats in there all winter....so it doesnt stay nice and tidy long. but would be just a mess without the drawers and spaces labeled. Yes farming in Northern Mich can mean making do and doing without , sometimes I give a quilt and the person who gets it gets a laugh out of finding a chick feather in it.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  02:40:15 AM  Show Profile
wowsers, all of your studios are class acts! Love seeing them and their nearby windows giving us a little peek at what your world looks like!

Nancy Jo, before you refinish the trunk, find out if it would devalue it. It may be better to leave the original insides if they are in pretty good condition.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  04:01:07 AM  Show Profile
This is where I do all my crafting. sewing and reading. (The curtain covers goodness knows what! )

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile
Green wall part 1:

This wall has cubbies and a faux window seat. The cubbies are @2 ft. square and 2 ft. deep, and they hold quite a bit let me tell you. I got the idea for this from one of my mom's books from the '70's.

A better view of the window seat:

Green wall part 2:

I repurposed a shoe holder to organize my little paint bottles. Also, the cubbies are deep enough to hold several small storage boxes, and even a medium sized one (that's what's left of my yarn stash). Also, the bottom ones on the floor on this side hold a larger container and a few smaller underbed boxes.

Continuing to the left...
Window wall - book area. I repurposed a piece of leftover shelving and put it up on some storage drawers. It holds most of my craft books and paper patterns. The drawers have fabric sorted by color and/or project.

A repurposed dresser from my personal closet organizer from our master bedroom - holds all my sewing supplies, more fabric, and my cake decorating stuff.

The view out my window:

Dark purple wall (and yes, I have 2 shades of purple):
holds my sewing machine on my grandparents' desk. In the drawers are scissors, pins, rotary cutter (right below the sewing machine), and the drawers on the left hold knitting needles, crochet hooks, and a few sewing patterns.

The fourth wall is a regular size closet. It contains my grandparents' dresser, and storage boxes of the kids' stuff I can't seem to part with. It also holds quilt batting and my mother's wedding dress.

If I had it to do over again... I would have had the cubbies put in when we had the basement finished while building the house. Then, the window seat would be a real window seat! I would also have put a counter across what is the green wall, with either cabinets or drawers underneath. I'd also put my sewing machine on that wall because the lighting is better over there.

Anyway, it's been fun having a tour of everyone's spaces! They are all great!

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:15:09 AM  Show Profile

Sorry, this is the view out my window...

Ann in Oswego
http://suburbanprairiehouse.wordpress.com

Times may be tough, but farmgirls are tougher!

Craft Fasting since October 21, 2008
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:53:23 AM  Show Profile
This is such a fabulous thread~I love all the colorful walls going on.

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  04:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Such inspiration! I've been cleaning out my girls playroom in the basement to make room for a studio.

I have craft supplies in just about every room of the house. I can't wait to contain them in 1 room!

Your rooms are lovely ladies!!!

http://www.xanga.com/My_Pondering_Place
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Show me your sewing/craft area! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page