Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Making a duvet cover?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Making a duvet cover? Next Topic  

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  11:00:05 AM  Show Profile
Anyone have any sucess making a duvet cover? We finally have a queen size bed and I have a quees size down duvet I got from the thrift store, never even opened for $3 dollars! But it is only the lining, so I need a cover and I'm really not likeing the prices of covers!
Has anyone gotten creative and sewn two sheets together with ties in the corners and made a cover?

Nigella
True Blue Farmgirl

386 Posts

Nigella
Chimacum WA
USA
386 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  11:59:26 AM  Show Profile
Hi MsCwick,
I made one a while ago. I used two flat flannel (soooo cuddly!)sheets that I found at the second hand store. The sheets coordinated so I had a reversible blanket! I just sewed one long side and the two shorter sides together, leaving the one long side open. Then I sewed ties on. I've seen some duvet covers though where they sew up some of the open side so that the opening isn't quite so huge. You could use velcro, or buttons to of course I just thought the ties would be the easiest. I think I remember the down comforter that I did this for was a twin size and I'm pretty sure I used twin size sheets. It was really fun and easy though! Enjoy your new comforter! What a great price!!

-------------------------
If the ways is long
Let your heart be strong
Keep right on 'round the bend
Though you're tired and weary
Still journey on to your happy abode
Where all that you love
And are dreaming of
Will be there at the end of the road.
-Laura Ingalls Wilder
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Making a duvet cover? Next Topic