Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe-Great!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe-Great! Next Topic  

theherblady
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Jan
Glasford Illinois
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  08:07:39 AM  Show Profile
My DH and I saw the Cronicles of Nardia yesterday~~What a wonderful movie!!I had heard that viewers would not be disappointed~~and we weren't!
It was wonderfully done. I have been hearing much on Christian radio about CS Lewis and the story..
I wondered if it would be appropriate for children. There were alot of teens and some smaller children-There was only 1-2 parts that would be scarey for the little ones..But the rest was awsome!!
I had never read the book but several months ago I became interested in it when the radio was doing an audio book version..I listened to it in the car and even when I got home I sat in the driveway to hear the end.
I couldn't wait for the movie to come out..Great visual effects.I hope they make another from other stories in the Cronicles.
Jan

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  1:43:03 PM  Show Profile
Glad to hear it. Thats what I asked for for christmas this year. To have someone watch the kids and tickets to go see it.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  2:18:03 PM  Show Profile
We saw the movie on Friday and it was fantastic. We took the kids and the youngest was 6. Only a couple of parts where he was a little scared but that's all.

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

BlueApple
True Blue Farmgirl

430 Posts

Julia
Oregon
USA
430 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  2:28:13 PM  Show Profile  Send BlueApple an AOL message
I'm going on Friday with a group of teenagers - can't wait!

Julia
BlueApple Farm
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile
We saw it on Saturday. Bobbi, take the kids to this one and save the "date" for another movie. My kids (9 and 17) loved it. My daughter and the girl next door are playing "Narnia" as I type. Enjoy!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  5:46:55 PM  Show Profile

Hey Farm Girls!!!

My entire family (aunts, uncles, cousins etc) are all going to see it next Sunday. Can't wait, thanks for the reviews.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile
hank and i went to see this movie last week on 'opening' night .. we had to go to the 'late' show .. cuz' every other performance was sold out! very much enjoyed it .. this movie is going to make LOTS of money! the youngest little girl was sooooooo enchanting .. all the little actors were great! decided that our 4 year old grandson probably would have ended up in his mommie's lap with his head buried in her chest with some of the 'monster' scenes.

this film makes me think of the saying: "to 'know' is nothing .. to 'imagine' is everything!"

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Whimsy_girl
True Blue Farmgirl

576 Posts

USA
576 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  8:40:56 PM  Show Profile
I would sleepless, but mine are 1 and 2. They can't sit still long enough to pee on the potty, let alone a whole movie. We had to walk out of March of the penguins when I tried to take my 2 year old to it. She lasted just long enough for the previews to end then she kept trying to worm her way through the crack in the seat and under the chair and onto the floor and so on and so forth. :) I think I'll give her till she's 3 or 4 before we try that again.

you can be oh so smart, or you can be oh so positive. I wasted a lot of time being smart I prefer being positive.
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  8:58:35 PM  Show Profile
We saw it on Friday as part of my son's 18th birthday. He had about 6 of his friends and then my y 6yr old was there as well. It was a wonderful movie. I didn't realise until my Mom told me before we saw the movie that there was a correlation with biblical events within the story. It was a very touching movie and the kids big and little really loved it. I would go see it again!!

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  9:20:32 PM  Show Profile
My Dh and 14yo went tonight to see it. I thought it was absolutely amazing. The acting, creatures, scenery were great. I am glad they stayed so close to the writings of Lewis. I think he would have enjoyed it. I am ready to see it again too, Missy. It one I want for home. It is a winner!!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  9:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Bobbi, you are right. I didn't realize they were so young. Enjoy your date when you get it!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2005 :  06:46:37 AM  Show Profile
were taking our daughter this w/end. Wasn't sure if I'd like it but it sounds like I will. My daughter & husband took me with them to see one of those Lord of the Ring things, THREE HOURS of torture. Im just not into those types of movies. After we take Britta, then he & I are having date night, dinner & "Walk the Line". Cant wait. Michele

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic The Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe-Great! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page