Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Breast Cancer Research Doll
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Breast Cancer Research Doll Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  07:25:39 AM  Show Profile
farmgirls i wanted to share this e-bay offering with you. this is one of the most wonderful cloth dolls i have ever seen .. the PFATT sisterhood is a group of very dear friends.

perhaps FAITH is so beautiful to me because of her 'story' ..

oh do go take a peek at her (at the e-bay site listed below) .. and all of her accessories and read her story .. and don't forget that yearly mamogram too! xo, frannie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7372050027&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

E-BAY Item number: 7372050027

PFATT PRIMITIVE FOLK ART DOLL Tag Collage Journal
100% of PROCEEDS to BREAST CANCER Awareness & Research Item number: 7372050027

Current bid: US $227.50

Time left: 6 days 10 hours
7-day listing, Ends Dec-11-05 17:45:00 PST
Start time: Dec-04-05 17:45:00 PST
History: 12 bids (US $49.99 starting bid)
High bidder: little.ol.me ( 87)

Item location: Portland, Oregon
United States

Ships to: United States, United Kingdom

Seller information
ccswhimsies ( 274)
Feedback Score: 274
Positive Feedback: 100%

Description

Item Specifics - Folk Art, Primitives
Type: Doll/Toy Country/Region: US-Northwest
Material: Mixed Media Style: Naive, Primitive

100% of the final sale price will support Breast Cancer Care & Research Fund

Nonprofit's Mission Statement
The highest priorities of the Breast Cancer Care & Research Fund (BCCRF) are to improve the level of care and the quality of life for breast cancer patients. BCCRF believes that better breast cancer education will empower women to seek an earlier diagnosis and understand the pros and cons of their treatment options.

The E-bay Group P.F.A.T.T. presents to you "Hope"

A Collaborative Original One Of A Kind Primitive Art Doll
by members of PFATT to benefit Breast Cancer Awareness & Research

The "PFATT" Sisterhood was the very first E-bay group composed of all women Folk Artists and Doll Artists here on E-bay, started 3 years ago. As the years have passed, many of us within the group have formed wonderful friendships. As our group grows and changes, the talent within the group grows as well. We have some of America's finest Folk Art & Primitive Doll Artists within our wonderful close-knit group!

"Hope"is dedicated in loving memory to all those whom have gone before us and in honor to all those who remain in the battle with this disease and their families.

This Doll began as an idea that came from the wish to do something to benefit a "women's charity" being that the PFATT Sisterhood is made up entirely of women. The fact that just about every woman in our group has been affected by breast cancer, some directly and some through friends or relatives. Some members are survivors, some have been through treatment just this year, some of us have those we know who survived & beat this terrible disease & others have witnessed the loss of those who did not survive.

It was for these reasons that we chose to donate the entire proceeds of this doll to The Breast Cancer Awareness and Research Fund.
BCRF helps to raise Breast Cancer Awareness, provides valuable information, resources, and offers support and encouragement for healing the body and spirit of those who are affected with the disease. They also offer hope, that comes from Breast Cancer Research, knowing that we just may be one day closer to the cure!

The constant between each of us who chose to take on this endeavor was the sincere desire to make a contribution, to "do something" in any way we can to help make a difference. So we each have lent our artistic hands in the fight for a cure. This very special doll was made from the hands, hearts and souls of very talented, wonderful, outstanding women.

I only wish that everyone got the chance to veiw her up close and in person. She is so amazing - I feel that she should be in a Museum!When you hold her, you can actually feel the love and care that was put into her. Each piece and part of this Doll has been designed and donated by the members listed in the box above, in the order that it was done. She was started in February 2005 and finally completed November 2005. Hope measures 27 inches long & her doll"Glimmer of Hope" measures 16 inches long. Hope comes with each item photographed(except for the chair)

She traveled to each member across the US - along with the journal that comes with her.
Each artist has contributed her own thoughts and personal message conveying just what this endeavor has meant to them and why. It is very touching and moving to read each entry.
Here is a sample of the artwork & collage within the journal

I am very proud to have lead this Charity effort & I am so pleased with the astonishing end result of my "Sister's" collaborative efforts! I hope that you will dig deep into your heart for this very worthy cause. This Doll really is "priceless".

Hope is one of the greatest gifts we have been given by our Heavenly Father.
It carries no price tag but its value is priceless.
We cling to it when the future looks uncertain and praise it when things turn out better than we could have ever imagined.
Hope is the foundation on which we build our dreams and aspirations.
It has been the cornerstone upon which ordinary people have accomplished extraordinary things.
Hope will always endure.
Sandy Lynam Clough

Facts About Cancer
1.Over 75% of women who are diagnosed with breast cancer are age 50 or older.
2.Most women who develop breast cancer DO Not have a family history of the disease.
3.Often there are no outward signs of breast cancer that you can see or feel.
4.White women are more likely to develop breast cancer then African-American women.
5.African-American women are more likely to die of breast cancer.
6.Age, family history, never having children or having a first child after the age of 30, having early menstrual periods or late menopause are all risk factors for breast cancer.
7.Women should start getting yearly mammograms at age 40. 8.Mammograms don't prevent breast cancer, but they can save lives by finding breast cancer as early as possible.
9.Growing older is the biggest risk for breast cancer. The longer you live, the higher your risk.
10.Research shows that there ARE tools you can use to reduce your risk of getting breast cancer.

True Friends, Frannie

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2005 :  10:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Thank you for this link. This is truley a one of a kind work of art. I have made many primitive dolls and still have one that I love. This one would fit right into my collection. She is beautiful as is the whole story posted with the doll. Wish I could be a part of this group of women artists.
What a wonderful outreach.
Eileen

Songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  09:00:03 AM  Show Profile
Frannie,
Thankyou for the reply to my post. I think that some of the other women on this forum might be interested in this too so I have cut and pasted your e-mail to me here, I also think that some of the other women here might be interested in the web addresses of these groups. Please share with everybody not just me. Thanks again Frannie for this post.
Eileen

You received the following message from: CabinCreek-Kentucky (CabinCreekFarm-KY@starband.net)

At: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/

Eileen .. if you are looking for some great outlets for your pimitive dolls .. have you visited the Ranting Raven or Crow Soup on-line magazines' where primitive artists post their wares for sale. I think there is a small charge. E-mail me and i will send you their web-sites. And you MUST get the Mercantile Gatherings magazine .. a wonderful new magazine
that is sold throughout the country. I can e-mail you some pictures of it too. xo, frannie

p.s. i would love to see your dolls!

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  2:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Eileen and other Farmgirlfriends .. here are some photos of the Mercantile Gatherings magazine .. it is an EXCELLENT resource place for finding primitive treasures and for advertizing your own primitive wares. The magazine is sold by subscription, in primitive shops all across the nation, in quilt shops and all places 'primitive'.

This is the cover of the Autumn issue (Winter due out any day now!) .. the 'stitchery' pattern for this picture is given in this issue. As are a rug hooking project (basket of flowers and pumpkins) ... and a hooked crow pillow and also a Harvest black cat standing with arched back on a picket fence with a big golden moon behind him. AND a hooked 'Harvest Pocket'. AND .. directions for making your own wooden hooking loom. AND an article on the History of Rug Hooking.

Doll Patterns included: There are also patterns for the "Saggy Bottom Boys" rag dolls ... and Piney Creek Autumn Doll.

There are articles on those 'on-line' magazines where you can buy and sell YOUR primitive hand-dids too! The above one is Crow Soup which is owned and moderated by Kathy and Marcel Henry of Canada. A VERY sweet couple ... this issue even has a story about them. They also moderate another on-line magazine (Ranting Raven) (sites below in case you'd like to contact them about selling your hand-dids on the internet. (There are several others too .. but these are my favorites!)

Ranting Raven: www.rangtinraven.com
Crow Soup: www.crwosoup.com

Mercantile gatherings features primitive artists .. and YES! you too, could be featured .. which will bring customers to your farm door (via your computer!)

AND .. it features primitive shoppes all over the country.

and primitive homes: (oh .. blush .. blush .. this one is about 'moi' ... (my nannie ... she say ... 'pridefulness may meet the devil on the road'!)

my 'kentucky ramblings' .. and recipe for my famous 'burnt cookies':

AND .. this candle project is my most favorite in this issue:

sooooooo easy .. and sooooooo charming .. you will want to make bunches of them for yourself, as gifts and to sell!

To subscribe to Mercantile Gatherings or to request information about putting an add into this wonderful primitive magazine .. contact the girls at: mercantile@neo.rr.com

(tell 'em Frannie from Cabin Creek Farm sent ya'!)

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

KJD
True Blue Farmgirl

402 Posts

402 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  3:15:43 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for all this, Frannie! I'm hooking my first rug right now - it's a rooster and at the bottom says "Red Rooster Moon". It's a kit from Hobby Lobby - a starter, "trainer" for me. I'll try to get the magazine with the article you posted. Would love to know more about it and get creative with hooking!
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  3:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, you just never cease to inspire me!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2005 :  7:33:42 PM  Show Profile
does your rug kit contain 'yarn' or 'wool'? if it is yarn .. that is a good beginning practice .. but, oh, dooooo .. get a 'wool strips' one to do too .. incredible difference! (i've done both).

there is a rug hooking chat room .. and i'll find the site if you girls would like to chat with other 'hookers' .. they are so very knowledgable .. and there is a fine rug hooking magazine on the market too .. can't think of the name of it right now . but i'll see if i can find it and let you all know. there is GOOD money in hooking and selling rugs .. and these 'home-based' businesses are just perfect for farmgirls who want to 'stay at home' and still make a few pennies.

diane .. thank you darlin'!!! xoxo

oh p.s. girlfriends .. that beautiful cancer research dolly is now close to $400. i was in the bidding .. but not sure i'm going to hit that high note. i do hope that they get zillions of dollars for her!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  06:34:03 AM  Show Profile
wanted to update you all that the beautiful Breast Cancer fundraising doll brought $455. OH YEAH! i wish it had been double or triple (and the girls tell me they have another one in the works to be finished by about March). a little more 'contemporary' one this time though. i so hope whoever bought it uses it to raise yet more funds! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  08:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Frannie -- thanks for sharing this info! I went online and ordered this issue just so I could read about you!

http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2005 :  10:51:49 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I'm still working on getting those photos of my primitives on my digital. I only have hard copys of very bad photos right now and am in the middle of another very important project so will do it in a week or two.
Eileen

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Breast Cancer Research Doll Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page