simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  02:18:05 AM  Show Profile
I love this time of year for many reasons, mostly b/c Zach [just turned 2!!!] is really going to be a blast on Christimas Day!! But also for one more reason.....I GET TO REALLLLLYY CLEAN THE LAUNDRY ROOM!!!! Most of my holiday 'stuff' is stored away in totes and such in the laundry room. So after Thanksgiving, I get to make those 5 or 6 trips from the laundry room to upstairs bringing up boxes of holiday 'stuff.' My usual routine is, 1) bring up the decorations, 2) put out the decorations, 3) put the things I don't have room for back in the boxes, 4) run down to the laundry room, 5) dust, sweep, and mop like a fool, 6) find those 'missing' socks that I lost three months ago , 7) declutter by deciding "did I really want this anymore" or "why did this piece of trash get put down here in the first place?" , 8) reorganize a bit, 9) put the holiday storage boxes back in the laundy room very neatly, 10) do a ridiculous HAPPY dance!, and 11] post a kind sign on the door gently warning all that enter to proceed with only clean thoughts in mind!

I'm sooooo excited! I love a really clean laundry room!!!

Jamie ;)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  05:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jamie- You are such a kick! Isn't it great when a room that often gets neglected is sparkling clean?q

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  07:25:58 AM  Show Profile
I know the feeling. I got my laundry room back when I finally got all the garden produce canned, eaten or thrown out. The Christmas Deco is in my cloths closet and bathroom "pantry". That will be my Friday job. Have fun decorating. I always find something that I forgot I had. I love surprises.
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  07:44:52 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, me too!! I can't wait to see what I've forgotten I have!! :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  5:47:34 PM  Show Profile
Me too it's like" Christmas before christmas!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  1:45:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, you ladies put me to shame! I usually only get that kind of cleaning done when I'm forced to paint! Keep reporting your accomplishments though, you never know when you're going to motivate the rest of us!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic I love this time of year.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page