CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  2:25:27 PM  Show Profile
I like I'll be Home for Christmas. It always was my Mom and Dad's favorite. Probably because of what it meant to them during WWII. I also like Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. My daughters always sang that in school chorus. It just sticks with me. I find myself singing it all the time! By the way, I don't think November is too early for Christmas music. It is so beautiful and puts you in such a wonderful frame of mind.

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  2:48:35 PM  Show Profile
Bing Crosby, Bing Crosby, Bing Crosby - specifically "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" and "Round and Round the Christmas Tree." It all stems back to my childhood. My parents owned a jewelry store when we were growing up and Mom played Bing over and over again all season. That became so ingrained in me that Christmas is not Christmas without Bing!

FARMGIRL SISTER #127
My sites:
Backwoods Junction: http://www.backwoodsjunction.com
The Catholic Wife: http://www.thecatholicwife.com

Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  4:57:40 PM  Show Profile
Judy Garland's "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" and Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" and I do love the Hippopotamus song also!

Drummer Boy is my favorite more religious song. And my most favorite religious music is "For Unto Us a Child is Born".

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

momshopsalotta
True Blue Farmgirl

232 Posts

Connie
Hertford NC
USA
232 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  5:13:20 PM  Show Profile
It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year by Andy Williams. This song always gets me in the spirit of the season.
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2008 :  5:21:26 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Annika

I like Coventry carol, What child is this? Carol of the bells and Pat-a-pan the best for singing to...I know they are all kind of obscure =) but in general I love most Christmas music.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

I love all of these! Also "Bring the torch, Jeanette Isabella" and "What child is this".

I love Christmas music in general (and movies, and decorations, and cookies, etc.) But sadly, my husband hates the Christmas season so I have to sort of sneak in what I can.
Go to Top of Page

JessieMae
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Jessie
Raleigh North Carolina
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  11:26:30 AM  Show Profile
"Hark the Herald Angels Sing" is my favorite. I can't hardly hear it without getting tears in my eyes.
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:19:51 PM  Show Profile
O Holy Night, I'll be home for Christmas, Silent Night, White Christmas, and the Bing Crosby/David Bowie duet of Little Drummer Boy are just a few of my favorite Christmas songs.

We have a radio station here that's been playing Christmas music 24/7 since the end of August. I've had my radio tuned to that station exclusively for over 2 months now :)

Annika-my hubby also hates the Christmas season, so I fully sympathize with you.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:26:58 PM  Show Profile
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Judy Garland (from "Meet Me in StLouis") and "White Christmas" by Bing.
I also love "Away in a Manger" (especially with the alternate tune...if that makes sense!)
Sharon

Farmgirl Sister #74

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:32:02 PM  Show Profile
I've been thinking and thinking...and I finally believe I'm ready to answer :) I love them all, but MOST of all I love "What Child is This?" or in other worlds, Greensleeves.

I have had the pleasure of hearing this song sung by a small choir in a little country church in rural England and forever after, thist song will chill me, will make me remember that beautiful candlelit midnight service and remind me of the mystery and magic of Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

abigailc1973
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

abigail
orlando fl
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  1:59:36 PM  Show Profile
Having grown up in the 80's, I have to say that I love Bruce Springsteen's Santa Claus is Coming to Town, John Cougar Mellencamp's I saw Mama Kissing Santa Claus and U2's Baby Please Come Home for Christmas. I also absolutely love Aarone Neville's version of O Holy Night but have to say the entire Christmas album is spectacular. I adore Christmas and everything that comes with it-especially the music. I think I may be a Christmas Music Junkie!
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  2:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I love "silent night", but I also love " I saw momma kissing Santa Clause"

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

blessedhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Tina
West Virginia
USA
106 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  3:09:45 PM  Show Profile
I like O' Holy Night, Carol of the Bells, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear, O' Come O' Come Emmanuel,The Christmas Song, I'll Be Home for Christmas and Mary Did You Know.

~Tina

http://cozymittenscottage.blogspot.com

Psalm 62:5~ Find rest, O my soul, In God alone; my hope comes from him.
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  05:34:46 AM  Show Profile
Never met a Christmas song I didn't like! I have a huge collection of Christmas CDs and play them all.
But, this year, oh my gosh! My daughter started piano lessons in the fall and she now she sits at that piano and plays simple versions of the carols AND SINGS in that little voice....sweetest thing I've ever heard! Brings tears to my eyes...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic What is your favorite Holiday tune? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page