Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Pressure canning beef, how and what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pressure canning beef, how and what? Next Topic  

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  05:34:47 AM  Show Profile
How does everyone can their beef, what pieces do you can and how?
And how much in the jar, Qt. or Pt.?
We are cutting up a beef this wekend, and have never canned it nor, cut one up...
Thanks for all the input....I appreciate it!

Farmgirl Sister #368
http://froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com

Pammy
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Michigan
USA
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  10:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Terri, if I had more time (calf feeding time is soon!) I would look my directions up and post. I haven't canned any in a while. I used to have the packing plant save me the tougher cuts or roasts (cause we don't eat a lot of them) I would even freeze it some times and thaw it and can it when I had more time. It is soooo good and makes a quick and easy meal! You could probably find directions online some where, also Farm Journal put out a canning/freezing cook book quite awhile back that has some good recipes in it for freezing premade burgers and chili sauce with hamburger in it. If you are familiar with Homesteading Today, they have a website by that name, I know there were lots of directions for canning meats awhile ago on there.
Pam
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  1:49:14 PM  Show Profile
I hope this link works...this is where I get alot of info and trust anything Jackie Clay does. She is awesome!
www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/clay105.html

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  6:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh Aunt Jenny!! That is a great site! I have it saved on my favorites, but hope you don't mind if I still bug you for tips every now & then..After all, you are the official Canning Queen
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  10:19:54 PM  Show Profile
Sure!! I just couldn't resist telling you all about Jackie Clay. She is my hero for sure.
I plan to can carrots (my neighbor brought a big bag over today..at least 10 lb.) and maybe some soup tomorrow and Saturday. Maybe apples too. I still plan to get one more big box to can up at least!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9324 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9324 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  05:51:13 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
What a wonderful site,chocked full of information. Thanks so much for sharing it.
I have never done any meat other than venison and my mom was here to help. Don't know if I would tackle it again. Always afraid something will go wrong. :(

Denise
farmgirl sister #43
"Take a lesson from the teakettle, though up to its
neck in hot water...it sings!"

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  11:20:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh you could do it Denise!!! I can meat all the time..it is SO handy to have on hand. If I can do it anyone can!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pressure canning beef, how and what? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page