peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  10:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I went to bed last night to SNOW coming down and woke up to rain and snow this morning! UUhhhgggg! So...I'm sitting here bundled up and dreaming of my first weekend alone (in 2 years) in my house coming up this weekend (kids and husband are all going to be gone)...not that I'm excited or anything to spend 3 days all to myself! But...I'm really craving potato soup and cheese broccoli soup and thought if anyone has some good recipes to share these would keep me busy in the kitchen friday and I can just enjoy the rest of the weekend!!! (I'm really not excited at all about them being gone - honest!)I really do love them but ya know, everyone needs alittle time to sit and sip soup all day!!!

Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

CityFarmerMaddie
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Madison
Tacoma WA
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  10:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Melissa
I love those two kinds of soup and also BLT soup that I had at a cafe but for the life of me I can not get the creamy texture right. If you find a good recipe please send them to me.
Thank you
Madison

We are all pumpkin people. Choose which face you carve.
Go to Top of Page

velvetcadi7
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Amy
Galva IL
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  12:33:18 PM  Show Profile
If you like bacon in your potato soup, try frying bacon in your soup pot. Remove and crumble and use bacon drippings to make a roux (flour & milk) Add boiled potatoes (or frozen hash browns)and whatever else you like (carrots, onions, celery, cheese, etc.) Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon before eating (I don't like to add it to the soup as it gets chewy in the leftovers). Using the bacon grease as a starter adds a really good flavor!
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  1:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Amy, sounds wonderful and easy!

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Craving soup recipes!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page