Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Wedding...cheesecake recipes needed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Wedding...cheesecake recipes needed! Next Topic  

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  7:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi all! My son & daughter in law are having their church wedding in March. (This site has been so helpful, I'm hoping for lots of help between now and March!)

Both of them love cheesecake and I am the nominee for making their wedding cakes! I've made wedding cakes before but never cheesecakes!

Please help! Any recipes/ideas...anything would be helpful and appreciated!

Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  8:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to be up against the same dilemna next October.
My fiance does not like any kind of cake whatsoever. But he does like cheesecake.

My cheesecake experiences are mostly limited to the box mixes.
I have made the plain jane cheesecake recipe on the back of the cream cheese box once.
It turned out pretty good. But if you want something a lil more fancy, maybe you can try googling cheesecake recipes.

That's how I found most of my candy recipes. You could do trial and error.
Just don't make yourself the only taste tester. Bad for the hips. I found out the hard way. LOL

Hugs, Melanie

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

one_dog_per_acre
True Blue Farmgirl

1572 Posts

Trish
Sandpoint ID
USA
1572 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  9:22:27 PM  Show Profile
Try www.wilton.com

Trish
Farmgirl Sister #91
Make cupcakes not war!
http://adventuresofowenmaxwell.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  3:50:38 PM  Show Profile
I hava a great Cheesecake recipe but I am not at my house I will be on Saturday the 11 It is a prize winner and is easy to make. Every person I have given it too won't bake any other.

Give me a E-mail and I'll shoot it off when I get to my cookbooks.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  4:30:34 PM  Show Profile
Diana, Please post it here....my family loves cheesecake!!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  8:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Melissa, I have a recipe for a Cafe au Lait Cheesecake that is really good! It has a chocolate crust and has one layer of coffee flavored cheesecake and a top plain layer! I also have recipes for chocolate and plain cheesecake! I also have one for Toffee-Apple, Cranberry, Orange-Chocolate, Raspberry, Pumpkin, Chocolate-Irish Cream, Black Forest and Macadamia Cheesecake!!! Let me know if any sound good and I will be happy to send you the recipe!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  10:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh! These all sound sooo good - Send them all!!! (well, meaning if you have the time!:) My son is "up in the air" on the flavor he wants so I'll have to do some testing on him. I did get word tonight that my daughter in law likes ALL kinds of cheesecakes! Please send me whatever you can Diana, Monica and anyone else that reads this!!!! I so appreciate the response and welcome any of you over for cheesecake samplings over the next 5 months!!!!

Now, because I'm new to all this...can I leave my e-mail on here??? I'm heading off to catch some dreams right now but I'll be back on tomorrow!!!

Sweet dreams to all!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2008 :  08:19:42 AM  Show Profile
Melissa, I will scan the pages and send them to you and I will be over when you start making them!!!! I would if I lived closer!

As far as leaving your e-mail address, I would not! On the line above the comments where it says when the comment is posted there is a symbol with a little envelope and if you click on that you can e-mail that person through MJF and then they can e-mail you back without giving out your address online just to be safe, even though I trust all the ladies here you never know who else might be poking around!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  10:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Crust:
Combine in bottom of a 10 inch Spring form pan.
1 1/4 Cup Graham Crackers crushed
1/4 Cup sugar
1/2 teas Salt
1/2 teas cinnamon
Add 1/4 cup melted butter blend well with a fork pat in down to the botton of the pan

Bake 375 8 mins cool well

Cheesecake
3- 8 oz pkg cream cheese softned
1 cup sugar
1 pint of sour cream
5 LARGE eggs
2 Teas vanilla
pinch of salt

Blend cream cheese and sugar till smooth add eggs one at a time beating well after each one.
Blend in sour cream vanilla and salt. Pour cheese mixture on the cooled crust bake 1 hour at 350 cool in pan on rack. Chill for 24 hours before serving.
Add your favorite topping an there you go.

I have done this with light cream cheese and light butter and splenda light sour cream and it is ok but if you want the real thing go with the standard.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  9:55:26 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Diana, thank you soooo much! I've been gone all weekend horse camping with my kids (bad long story) but I was thrilled to get online tonight and see your recipe!!!! I think I have everything needed and will hopefully get a chance to try it this week! I have a long week ahead trying to sell 3 of our 7 horses. Trying to keep my spirits up through this one!

Monica, no hurry but let me know when you're sending...I have so much going into spam mail, I don't want to lose yours and have you go through that much trouble for it to end up there!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  09:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Diana, we finally had a chance to make and sample your cheesecake recipe! That is a winner for sure!!! Thank you sooo much, it came out beautiful and disappeared in 1 days time!!

Farmgirl Sister #360

Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  1:34:08 PM  Show Profile
It is a good one glad you liked it.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  2:39:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Peachy!

It isn't wise to post your email on the forum as web robots harvest the information and you start getting lots of spam, however, you did set your user profile (when you registered to the site) up with an email, so everyone can click on your forum name (to the left of your posts) and email you through the forum. Likewise you can do the same to about 99% of the ladies who chat here!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Wedding...cheesecake recipes needed! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page