Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Bauer Pottery - Miss Wilma have you heard of that?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Bauer Pottery - Miss Wilma have you heard of that? Next Topic  

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  11:41:22 AM  Show Profile
Several weeks ago, someone posted a photo of a yellow pitcher from her grandmother's house, and no one could place the maker or the age. It looked kind of 60's but was much older.

This week-end I saw one at an antique store very similar to it, with a dark wood handle around the top of the yellow pottery, and was told it was from the 1930's 0r 40's and was Bauer pottery, which is very collectible. It was 75.00 I have never heard of it.

If anyone remembers where that conversation was posted, or who the owner of the pitcher is, please pass this on. Bauer pottery is still in business in California. They have a website, too.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  8:13:41 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
Bauer pottery is very collectible on the left coast. Not sure how extensive it was sold, so might be more popular in this part of the country. I have a few pieces and one is my MIL's bread bowl. It's the one she used to mix her bread for many years. Has a hairline crack, so I don't use it, but very happy to have it. She was the first person I ever saw make bread, when I was 8 yrs old.
I recall a converstation some time ago, seems more like a few months than weeks, but could be wrong. And don't remember in which part of the forum, sorry.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  1:59:03 PM  Show Profile
Ronna - I bet you are right, because I think it was/is made initially in California. Maybe whoever has that pitcher will find this thread again someday.....thanks for telling us about your bowl.....I bet it is really pretty. What a treature!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  7:11:38 PM  Show Profile
Jeannie that was me that posted the yellow pitcher. thanks, I am going to check up on Bauer--the time is right and it definately is California. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  7:50:50 PM  Show Profile
Yippee!!!! I hope you find out more about your family item!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  05:49:02 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie, I looked up Bauer Pottery but could not find the same pitcher. I emaild them with a picture of my picther (say that with a mouthful of mush lol) and the email bounced back. I will try again. Thanks again.

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  11:00:26 AM  Show Profile
The one I saw in the shop near here had a handle very much like yours and was the same shape and color. It will be interesting to see if you can track it down and answer your questions.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Bauer Pottery - Miss Wilma have you heard of that? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page