Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 it is with a heavy heart........
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic it is with a heavy heart........ Next Topic
Page: of 3

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
that i am asking to be withdrawn as farmgirl of the month, and this will be my last post here.
i know that i have been ill and that i may be a little sensitive right now, but honestly i dont need abig squabble and a bunch of emails about how i got chosen.
if anyone is really interested in who i am as a farmgirl, i have a blogspot and you can click on my name and pull up my posts and see what i am all about.
i also think that in the future if someone has a problem on this forum the appropriate thing to do would be go to carol the moderator that maryjane has selected to be her representative.
part of being chosen is that you get to pass it on to someone else, my choice was to be nancy jo, a farmgirl who i think has been encouraging to everyone. really i have never been hurt of offended on this site before and there are many women here who have been inspirational and very helpful to me, some of which have already been chosen.
another hint, if ya have to apologize or act like someone shouldnt be offended when you post something, maybe that is a hint that you are posting something that deep inside you know could offend someone.
i dont know what else to say except that whatever good came from this for me, and trust me i needed it was extiquished this morning when i read about all the emails questioning how people are picked, and how the next person should be picked. where is the farmgirl spirit?

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:40:04 PM  Show Profile
texas frannie - pray about this. you are trueblue and we love you. Don't go.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:53:38 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, I've got spirit, yes I do, I've got spirit...how about you? I know you have spirit girl...that was just a cheer to respond to your post.

That said, I am unsure of what you are talking about...I was greatly pleased you were Farmgirl of the Month for October and I was doing the happy dance about it. I am sure I am missing something that you have read/seen--I read the forum with my own set of rose-colored glasses. When I said "congratulations" to you when they announced it I meant it. I think you are a great October FGOTM. So sorry you're feeling down about whatever was said, frannie. And so sorry it took away from the fun you were having as FGOTM. I hope this gets fixed so you won't leave or will come back quick. Take care.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  4:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Fran! *hugs* I hope you will reconsider this! I am sure this is a huge misunderstanding. Perhaps it was just a general question and not meant to be aimed at anyone?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  5:12:01 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message
thanks, alee and jami,
the post i reacted to was edited and then totally removed. i think it was mishandled but since it was removed only the original people who read it and posted it will be able to know if i overreacted.
but let me just say in the future for this site, if you think something may be hurtful which the poster said, then maybe you shouldnt say it. and i think that when something good happens here to someone, how else can someone take it if "a rash of emails occur to question how a person is chosen and if a new way should happen. "
making me feel like i misunderstood this doesnt make it right, it only makes me feel worse.
i have enjoyed being on this site very much, but honestly i dont understand this whole incident today, and taking the post off so that no one else can understand or help in reconciling it doesnt help.

love
frannie in texas
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  5:19:27 PM  Show Profile
We love you Frannie and we need you among us on the farm! Please stay sweetheart! xoxoxo

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

Farmgirl Sister #44

http://thebeehivecottage.blogspot.com

http://www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  5:24:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Frannie I second and third what all the others have said. I havent got the slightest idea whats going on. But I can tell you feelings are hurt.I have been offended by a few here and gotten my feelings hurt. But you know what in the end, only a few of the gals here actually KNOW me. So what do I care what some "strangers" think of me?
Hang in there we would LOVE to have you stay!

Mama to 2
FarmGirl# 20

People can only make you feel inferior with your permission, and you dont have my permission......

Dont let the chain of love end with you.....

http://myfarmdreams.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  6:32:51 PM  Show Profile
Frannie--NO NO NO NO NO!!!! We just cannot do without you. Maybe it is time for the ones who have been here awhile to vamoose. I sure feel that way at times. But you are loved and needed and are just the right type of farmgirl we want. MB
And I have to add that Nancy Jo is a perfect fit for November and her birthday is in November too. Please stay! MB
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Oct 20 2008 6:36:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  7:16:43 PM  Show Profile
Oh no! don't leave, we all have misunderstandings or say things we shouldn't have at times. We are sisters and we can work things out. You don't have to go *hugs* Please stay!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  7:19:05 PM  Show Profile
Frannie- I'm in the dark- BUT you ARE FARMGIRL of the MONTH and if you have chosen Nancy Jo for November, I second the motion and we'll shower her with blessings and love!
Keep your chin up and revel in your title!!!!
Love you bunches!!!

Blessings,
Autumn
Farmgirl #49
http://simplytoday-autumn.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  7:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - I too am clueless about what is going on. But I do know that in my dealings with you, on this forum, and in our respective businesses, you have truly embodied the farmgirl spirit and I couldn't imagine a sweeter person to represent us this month. I echo the others in asking you to please stay - we sisters have to stick together!!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  7:53:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie...I missed the whole thing too....Please don't go...we would miss you so much!!
I love your choice of Nancy Jo for November. We need YOU here!!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Frannie - I'm an "old gal" here, and I read now more than I post (busy times on the farm!), but really, please DO stay. I missed the whole thing as well, but you are such a sweetheart and farmgirl for sure. We love you - please stay....

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  8:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Stay. Please? There are more of us thinking kindness than intending hurt. Don't toss us aside too. Especially now you can stand for forgiveness even when it seems toughest. :) Please think it over and I hope you feel supported.

We make a difference. http://huckleberrywine.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  8:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Dear Frannie, I don't know you and I don't know what happened but I do know we are "farmgirls' and we stick together! Please stay!!! We need you here! God bless you! And yes, Nancy Jo is a perfect fit for November but you must stay for all of us! Karen

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  8:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I missed what happened sounds like I am glad I did too. But frannie you are not just farm girl of the month to me you are a farmgirl for life and such a kind and loving spirit. I do hope your spirit mends and you stay here with us even if I am a sporadic visitor here. I also pray that your body mends and quickly. what ever the reason someone was chosen they had been chosen for a reason and that was all that should matter( I didn't even know we did a farmgirl of the month boy am I out of the loop)

much love and well wishing for you to get better you are always in my heart dear friend

love and prayers
sunshine

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
Farmgirl Sister #115
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store vintage threadshttp://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=79144
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  8:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Fran-

You are a sweet and kind farmgirl, and I always look forward to your posts. I especially enjoyed the bunny tales and I think there would be hole in the forum without you. I am so sorry that this has happened to dim the joy you were feeling from being chosen. That is really a tragedy. But I hope these posts asking you to stay out outnumber any negative emails! *hugs*

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  9:08:58 PM  Show Profile
Fran,
Please reconsider and stay on. We'd miss you!

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:27:43 PM  Show Profile
Frannie,
I am so sorry that this has causeed you such grief.
Picking you for Farmgirl of the Month was about cheering up another farmgirl that was having a hard time. It was because you have been there for many of us, now you needed us to be there for you. It was about farmgirl spirit, about caring for others and being there for them. Not about what others opinions were and their criteria. It is about being a farmgirl, being kind, caring, giving, beleiveing the best and cheering on others, not about what we do or do not get.
Do not let others unkind words be the determining factor of whether you stay or go. Allow us to encourage you, be there for you.
You are October Farmgirl of the Month and you need to be able to enjoy that gift.
Carol Sue

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  11:46:08 PM  Show Profile
((((((Frannie)))))

I was one of the first posters on that thread and saw NOTHING, absolutely nothing wrong with that! IF I am correct with the thread ofcourse, if not, sorry.
But I know I am a newbie here, but since that short time I have come to "know" you as a very kind, sweet woman.
I don't know what happened later and glad I am in the dark.

But please don't go Frannie, you are one of the sweetest people with fun threads, fun things to say and a kind word for everyone.

Hugs to you from this newbie farmgirl who is going to miss you!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  03:17:28 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to have jumped in on this so late

And Frannie, I'm sorry someone's petty bent nose is getting you down, especially if you haven't been alright these past few weeks.

People for whatever reason sometimes need a boot to the head

In all my years on this forum, I too have taken pride in knowing on some issues we can air differing opinions and still go home friends.

It makes me sad for you and I;m sorry
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  04:56:46 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I have no idea how many emails you got that gave you grief but, it's obvious that there are many gals here who love and support you. I agree with Carol Sue about the whole reason behind the farmgirl of the month and have no problem with who is chosen or how. I always assumed the farmgirl of the month was chosen based on someone needing a boost or that someone had done something special for the reigning farmgirl of the month.

With this many people all coming together, there are bound to be disagreements and I hope you can just brush them off and continue on here. I realize that you feel hurt but there are so many here that want you to stay. Please reconsider.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/
My Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

TabithaLenox
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Kim
Gettysburg PA
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  05:10:33 AM  Show Profile
I also don't know what happened but think you should wear the title 'October Farmgirl of the Month' proudly and pass that honor on to whoever you choose! Wish I had known there was a thread that was giving you trouble and worries...I would have told them all what to do with themselves...Hugs to you on whatever you decide!

Kim
Farmgirl #184
All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream....
http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  05:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I've been thinking about you all night. I wanted to say something to you last night, but computer wasn't letting me. So this morning, it's back on.

I don't know you, either, but from what I hear, you are a sweet, kind, wonderful farmgirl with so much spirit this place would be empty without your input and kind words.

I know this is a shallow thing to say, but if I have done anything to offend you, and believe me, I wracked my brain last night thinking what it could have been, I am so sorry.

I don't know a thing about the FGOTM either and had asked about it also. Still not too sure how it works. But I love the whole thing and think you are a deserving one for it anyway.

So I so hope you are still here and have seen all these wonderful women who love you and care about you who have so many great things to say about you. I hope you have had a good nights rest and have a brand new outlook on this whole situation this morning. Please do reconsider your leaving!

You're in my thoughts and prayers also, Frannie. And hope you have a blessed day.

((((hugs)))) Kris

Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  05:45:05 AM  Show Profile
Please stay, Frannie.

xx katie

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  05:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Please don't go, frannie. When Carol Sue picked you to be the Farmgirl of the month, she was standing in Miss Wilma's living room with some of us girls at the autumn workshop. When she said your name, we all sent up a cheer and did a happy dance. We all wished you could have been there with us! You are a VIP here and one of the reasons I'm still here on this forum. And Nancy Jo is a wonderful choice for November!

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Across the Fence: Previous Topic it is with a heavy heart........ Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page