Rhonda Perich
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Rhonda
Grand Junction CO
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2004 :  2:19:48 PM  Show Profile
Hello I am excited to be connecting with some other farm girls. I live on 3 1/2 acre mini farm but we milk goats...have chickens. We also have a llama, mini burro and a draft horse . I have nine children...seven girls and two boys . Only six still live at home and I have one getting married in Oct.. Life is never dull around here so I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better. Blessings to you !

Hugs, Rhonda Perich

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  08:07:38 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Rhonda!! Your place sounds like fun!!! What a perfect size mini farm...I always have thought that between 3 and 5 acres is perfect..I wish I had that much space. I will SOMEDAY!! I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Perich
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Rhonda
Grand Junction CO
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  12:27:18 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jenny for you welcome. I am glad I found all of you also and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better. Where is Manti...I am in Grand Junction...are we close ?
Hugs, Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  1:50:14 PM  Show Profile
About the middle of the the state...I am thinking maybe 5 hours? could be wrong. I don't know CO really well. My uncle in Craig is 5 hours.

Jenny in Utah

Bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  1:58:16 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda - Only six still live at home? Okay! You lucky woman....to have such a big and wonderful family.

And to live out west, too! Vacationed near Grand Junction when I was younger. And my husband applied for a job there once - as a city planner.

Anyway, welcome, and we look forward to hearing about what life is like in Colorado.
jpbluesky

Love those big blue skies and wide open spaces.
Go to Top of Page

Sherries Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Sherrie
Graham WA
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2004 :  7:32:07 PM  Show Profile
A big hello and wave from the Pacific Northwest. Welcome aboard Rhonda!

Sherrie

"When you care enough, you make it yourself."

Go to Top of Page

Rhonda Perich
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Rhonda
Grand Junction CO
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  11:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all the new welcomes. I try to get on every couple of days but with such a big family and homeschooling and the farm chores sometimes it is a little longer than I would like. I hope to get to know all of you well and if you have any questions I would be happy to answer them :) Hugs, Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

LadyCrystal
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Alicia
Rhode Island
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2004 :  5:11:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Rhonda,
How do you do it all? I have one child,chickens and cows.It is hard for us to find time for everything.I can't imagine with 6 kids at home, but it must be wonderful having a large family.Well Welcome again!

Alicia

Follow your dreams
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2004 :  3:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rhonda! We are neighbors (sort of)! I live in that flat rollin state to the east (Kansas). I love Colorado spent so many summer vacations there as a child in the 60's, a rebel hippie teenager in the 70's, honeymooned in Estes Park in the 80's, took my babies there in the 90's. Grand Junction is one of my favorite towns in the world. Your life and family sound so intersting! And the woman homeschools...that is so cool. I love goats and alpacas too. I had nubians 10 years ago on my little spread and tried to make cheese for a while. Rolled the cheeses in crushed rosemary and cured them in olive oil. YUM. I look forward to hearing about your Colorado in the 00's and your farm. MeadowLark Jenny

Time Flies
Go to Top of Page

ElizArtist
True Blue Farmgirl

113 Posts

Elizabeth
Newbury Park California
USA
113 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2004 :  4:18:42 PM  Show Profile
Hello Rhonda,
You sound very busy! What are the ages of your children? Mine are all grown now, but some still at home. I homeschooled them too.
Gee Colorado is very beautiful, lucky you!
Elizabeth

joyously dancing through life
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2004 :  4:38:56 PM  Show Profile
Welcome aboard Rhonda! I love Colorado, it is one of my favorite places. I would love to live there (or maybe in Idaho near MJ, lol!). I haven't been in several years. A very close friend of mine lives in Gunnison.

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New Member from CO Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page