Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  1:11:10 PM  Show Profile
I am addicted to Starbucks Frappuccino's but they just went up in price again, so can no longer justify buying them. So, does anyone have a good recipe so that I don't have to go through withdrawals?

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  1:54:34 PM  Show Profile
My first instinct would be to start with cold coffee, cream, sugar and crushed ice and go from there. You might want to use simple syrup instead of granulated sugar.
Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  7:00:03 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
Enter the awesome world of copykat recipies dot com. There are two copycats of this one!

http://www.copykat.com/asp/copykatrecipe.asp?recipe=38

Ingredients:
1/2 C. Strong Coffee - espresso if you can
2 C. Milk
1/4 - 1/3 C. Sugar
1 1/2 C. Ice

Preparation:
Combine all in a blender and blend well.

OR:

Ingredients:
1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. condensed milk
2 C. Ice (approximately)
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. cocoa mix (Carnation instant cocoa mix)
1 Tbsp. Vanilla syrup (coffee syrup)
2 shots espresso = 1/4 cup strong coffee

Preparation:
Fill glass (intended to drink from) with ice. Combine milk and condensed milk in separate container. Pour 'milks' into glass over ice, up to 3/4 full. Now add remainder of into glass of milk and ice. Pour into blender and mix on high until completely blended. This should be enough for one serving.

Shame they don't have the caramel mochiatto recipe. I LOVE those... thankfully Starbucks is a half hour away from me and I go there so rarely, it's just part of the treat of being in town.

Edited by - greyghost on Nov 14 2005 7:02:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  7:14:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Julia, my daughter works at Starbucks so I will try and get an FYI for her on this last recipe posted, to see how accurate it is. My hubby bought an Krupps espresso machine to make his own for the very same reason. It was a hundred dollar investment, but when you factor in frappaccinos at what, 4 dollars a pop, it doesn't take long to save that money and then some!
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  9:43:28 PM  Show Profile
Good idea about the simple syrup Amanda, Thanks!
Thanks Lynn for the recipes. I will give them a shot (no pun intended).
Thanks too, Diane for the slouthing. Hey, How is your hubby doing?

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2005 :  10:53:04 PM  Show Profile
What is simple syrup?

The only time that housework comes before sewing is in the dictionary!
http://rusticcottage.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  07:01:42 AM  Show Profile
Simple syrup is equal parts sugar and water cooked over low heat so the sugar dissolves, and then cooled. The good thing about it is that it dissolves in cold drinks.

Alternately, superfine sugar dissolves a lot better than regular sugar.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  10:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Hubby is good, Julia, thanks for asking. Cranky but a good cranky. How was your trip to Elma, by the way? Hope you had a fun time, and glad your family made it home safely.
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2005 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile
It was a good trip, had a great time. Always good to visit family. Dh and daughter are finally over the jet lag. It's fun to see my daughter in love, since she was the one who swore off marriage till she was 30. Only 9 years short. Are we digressing?

Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2005 :  10:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Julia: Simple syrup is called Classic syrup and they do sell it at Starbucks. Frapp's are made with double strength brewed Italian Roast coffee, not espresso. The mix is premade (no, they don't sell it)but she said the first copycat recipe looked pretty good.That is all the info she can give us without killing us ....

Ps you can just buy the little pre bottled Starbucks Frapp's at the store and blend them with ice she says...
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Frappuccino Recipe Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page