Page: of 3

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  1:04:13 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to trade, too but it will have to wait until January. Woo hoo!

Patricia

Happy Wishes!
Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  2:27:58 PM  Show Profile
Frannie - I received your package yesterday - WOW! Thank you so very much. I couldn't wait to open it and was overwhelmed by your wonderful packaging and the treasures inside. I just love the woolen bird pincushion. I also love the pillow and the pin keeper - they are just great. And the old buttons are so fun! It just made my day! My husband watched me open it and he was very impressed, as well!
Enjoy your holiday trip!

Aunt Jenny - I would love to swap with you-after the holidays-if you are interested in swapping for a log-cabin quilted pincushion. Just let me know your favorite colors!

Melissa - I'm looking forward to receiving your package. I'll let you know as soon as it arrives!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my FARMGIRL FRIENDS!!

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  5:05:18 PM  Show Profile
Sure Kelly and mellisa..that sounds great!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  9:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Happy holidays Girls-
I still have walnutshell pincushions to trade- let me know if you are interested in a swap!
Frannie- You are a pearl and I can't wait to get my treasures- they are so lovely- they will be such a treat.
Thanks and take care,Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  12:28:50 PM  Show Profile
jus' had to share another one of these wonderful little 'sewie swappies' i received from that cutie-pie sqrl:

the sweet patchwork pincushion and the dear little 'red bird' were gifts from sqrl .. i'm going to keep my 'needles' handy in the little redbird .. and i thought they looked great with my "Quilter's Wisdom" book ... have any of you read the "Aunt Jane from Kentucky" book? It is long out of print .. but if you can find one on e-bay or another on-line book source .. it is a treasure .. most especially if you love quilting and learning of farm life in the 'olden days'. Aunt Jane is so filled with wisdom!

I adore my sewie swaps i have been receiving from you girls .. and my home is starting to have a warm wonderful farmgirl 'air' about it.

HA! have to tell you a funny story about that country "air" saying!
When i first moved here and got our two puppies, Cabin and Creek .. i was constantly running after them to wipe up puppy pee and scoop puppy poop! A neighbor brought a new friend to meet me ... (who is an herbalist and organic gardner) .. she stood at the door and took a deep breath and her first words to me were: "The AIR in here is different". OH lordy! i started apologizing left and right .. up and down .. for any 'puppy aromas' she might be sniffing .. said i must be getting used to them .. cuz' i hadn't noticed. The girls just laughed and laughed ... and my new friend explained that "the air" was the 'aura' of the cabins. (She did not have a happy relationship with the former owner (a renter) and she said that she felt a peacefulness that had not been here on her previous trips to the farm.

I decided that was sure a nice compliment .. or she was reeeeeeeeel quick at covering up a mis-statement! (She has become a grande friend .. so .. i'm sticking with the compliment version!)

well, anyhoo .. as usual .. i digress .. seems just about everything reminds me of a 'story'!

here is the little swappie i am sending to you miz sqrl .. sure hope you like these little treasure-ettes. xo, frannie

homespun patchwork pin cushion, olde buttons and wooden bobbins of green silk thread (the olde buttons will be great for the dolly class!) and a little calico baggie of sweet annie from cabin creek farm and some garlic chive seeds from my garden.

i just adore how when we swap with each other .. not only a little treasure, but a chunk of our heart travels to the homes of our friends. xo

a little close up of the sweet annie bag and sunflower seeds:

True Friends, Frannie

Edited by - CabinCreek-Kentucky on Dec 28 2005 12:30:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  1:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Oh Frannie....!!! YOu have sweet Annie??????????? What can I trade you for some??? I LOVE it and never ever find it here! I am going to try to grow some next summer..but in the mean time...I love that smell!!
I have been working on little pin pillows and stuff....pictures soon.
I will be ready to trade with Kelly and Patricia any time now. Yours (frannie and sqrl too) is ready to send with wool too. I have been such a slacker about getting to the post office!!

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  1:45:40 PM  Show Profile
mellissa...your little red bird is the cutest thing!! what a fun design. I am loving seeing all the pictures of the little swappie treasures!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2005 :  8:35:47 PM  Show Profile
oh jenny .. i had the most wonderful and HUGE patch of sweet annie come up LAST YEAR .. it is my most favorite garden smell ... and knowing that it grows 'wild' .. i was sure i would have yet another bumper crop THIS year .. i even spread what i 'thought' were the seeds everywhere! and i cut and gave TONS of it away .. and NOT EVEN ONE TEENSY little branch of it came back up this year!!!!!! i was soooooooo bummed! a friend told me that maybe i cut it BEFORE it actually went to seed and she gave me a couple plants and they did produce .. but only two plants .. so, i didn't cut any of it hoping it will go to seed and sprout again next spring .. (and of course, i will keep running out in the yard each spring day and sticking my nose to the ground and sniffing to see if it is starting to re-appear! if it does, i will surely send some your way. (i'll announce it loudly if it does .. sooo .. jus' remind me! xo

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

sqrl
True Blue Farmgirl

605 Posts

Melissa
Northern California
USA
605 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  12:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow Frannie, I can't wait to get that package!! I was just saying how I wanted to plant sweet annie in my garden this year, after reading about it in the herbal wisdom thread. Thanks so much, what a fun treasure to find in the mail.

Blessed Be
www.sqrlbee.com www.sisterhood.sqrlbee.com

Go to Top of Page

onequiltychick
Farmgirl in Training

28 Posts

Kelly
Fairfield WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  1:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Melissa - Thanks again for the wonderful pincushion and keeper. They have already been put to use in my studio and I love them!

Jenny - I would love to swap for one of your little pin pillows. They are darling! What are your favorite colors? I believe I have your mailing address from the charm square list. I'll send a pincushion to you within the next few days.

Rebekka - I'd be happy to trade with you, too. What are your favorite colors? Email me your mailing address.

This has really been a fun exchange! It's great to receive a little package in the mail from one of my farmgirl friends.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2005 :  1:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Kelly..my favorite color is green. I like reds and yellows too. Don't like blue much.
I will get a pin pillow out to you right away. I will let you know if I don't have your address on the charms square list..I think I do too.
Rebbeka..did you want to trade too?

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2006 :  10:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Kelly- I haven't gotten email to you to work through the forum, if you still want to trade just email me your address and I will pop your sewie in the mail! Take care girls, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  7:40:12 PM  Show Profile
Kelly-
What a delight to get your pin pillow in the mail today!!! It is so beautiful, what lovely colors- that punch of orange is just what I needed. Thank You- this pillow has already found a special place in my home.
Love, Rebekka
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2006 :  7:59:12 PM  Show Profile
I adore the one I got from Kelly too!! Just so pretty!! Thanks kelly!

Jenny in Utah
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  10:52:05 AM  Show Profile
just had to show you the wonderful book and precious pincushion that aunt jenny sent me along with some fabulous wools for dolly hair!

and a close up of that very dear little stitched pin-cushion!

i e-mailed some pictures of little orphan chilluns so she could choose one for our swap. xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  9:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Frannie, I think that should be your official motto!! Since you look half your age!!

Beautiful work, Miss Jenny!!
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  10:21:28 PM  Show Profile
ha darlin' . .it should be my motto .. cuz' i ACT half my age!

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  10:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
ME TOO............... AINT LIFE GRAND FUN?
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  10:31:25 PM  Show Profile

MANDY ANN

this is the little dolly that Aunt Jenny chose for a swap. she's dressed in remnants of an antique quilt .. and is embellished with olde buttons hanging from her skirt and around her neck.

True Friends, Frannie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  11:02:27 PM  Show Profile
CAn't wait for her to arrive Frannie...I know just where to put her in my house...she is adorable!!

Jenny in Utah
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic "sewie" swaps Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page