Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What is your favorite sock knitting pattern?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What is your favorite sock knitting pattern? Next Topic  

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  10:23:16 AM  Show Profile
I want to start knitting socks but every time I go into the knitting store I get so overwhelmed and loose focus! I need a simple pattern that has toddler and adult sizes. What do you recommend? What are your favorite needles- adi's or plain dp?
Thanks- Rebekka

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  12:43:51 PM  Show Profile
My favorite that I use all the time is a Cottage Creations pattern called Iowa Crew/cruise socks. They have patterns in all sizes in a cute little booklet that has great instructions....4 DP needles..I love it! I couldn't even count the amount of socks I have made with that pattern...
I also like the pattern "Family socks" in the Home spun Handknit book. It dosn't have quite as nice a heel gusset but is quicker.

Jenny in Utah
It's astonishing how short a time it takes for very wonderful things to happen...Frances Burnette
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2006 :  7:36:00 PM  Show Profile
Hi Rebekka,
I know I've mentioned on here before....somewhere...that socks are my favorite thing to knit. Check to Lion Brand website under free patterns, knitting, way down the page is the Family of Socks pattern. It has multiple sizes and uses worsted weight yarn so it's fast. The first 2 pairs of socks I ever knit were using this pattern. Also check the Socknitters group at Yahoo Groups. Lots of info and resources available. Most of the patterns I use are the free ones available online. Eventually you don't even need a pattern. Check the What We are Working on thread in the Stitching Room about page 4 I think we talked about socks.

I use 4 DP needles, usually bamboo or Brittany birch for finer gauge sock yarns.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What is your favorite sock knitting pattern? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page