Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 I'm Going to Be a Little Quiet For a While.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm Going to Be a Little Quiet For a While. Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  12:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Karin, you and your family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about it.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

homemom1fl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Chris
Palm Harbor FL
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  2:58:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Karin, I can't imagine your heartache. I will be praying for you and your folks. My mom had said she wanted a divorce from my dad when I was 18 (thankfully they didn't) and it was an awful feeling. I think no matter how old you are it affects you just like it would if you were a child. When it comes to our parents, we often times are children. I pray that God intervenes and restores the love they once had for each other. I also pray that he gives you both peace and wisdom! We're here for ya girl
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  3:05:07 PM  Show Profile
Oh Karin, how awful! I'm so sorry! I hope that things work out peacefully. I am praying for a good outcome. Hugs, peace and strength to you.

Annika
Farmgirl sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
http://innermountainmudhens.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoon.wordpress.com/
http://panzymoonsgarden.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:42:21 PM  Show Profile
Karin - look at the support you are getting! Stay quiet, do what you need to do, but know that we sincerely love you, we have also had our share of heartbreak, and if you can go anywhere....you can come to us for strength. You are a wonderful woman, wife, and daughter. Plow through this. Love your parents, no matter what. They need you now.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:30:00 PM  Show Profile
While it sounds like your parents have had a rather hard marriage for years, I find it hard to believe they would be any happier apart . . . after 52 years you become a part of each other . . . the good and the bad. Maybe if they separate temporarily the distance will make them see this? I think I would really question your dad . . . after 52 years, he isn't willing to see it through to the end? Does he think it is fair to his wife, to the family and even to himself? Does he really want to abandon a 52 year marriage and replace it with a legacy of divorce? Do they have the Weekend to Remember Marriage Conferences in your area? My husband and I have went twice. They are great and really help you to see things from the other spouse's perspective. It would be well worth it. People at these conferences range from their 20s to their 80s, so they wouldn't feel like misfits. Just a thought. I am so sorry you are dealing with this and my prayers are with you, sweetie!

Hugs & blessings,

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  9:52:16 PM  Show Profile
Karin, I so hope things will turn around for them and they can realize that growing old (or any age really) and having a friend by your side to care for you during the good and bad is a blessing that alot of folks will never have.

I'm so hoping there is a solution that they both can live with so they can share the love that they obviously had for one another and I know is still there...I guess it's up to both of them to see things in a new positive light and to recognize that life is too short to continue grumbling about things. :0)

They need to savor the moments and be glad they have one another..I'll be praying for them and for you..I do know how disheartening parents divorcing can be.

Hugs to you,

Stephanie
www.queenofdreamsz.blogspot.com ~~~Crochet, Sewing, Life Collections & Recollections Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com Vintage & Modern Fabric, Fiber & Yarn Blog
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com ~~~~~Go Shopping at my Website Catalog!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic I'm Going to Be a Little Quiet For a While. Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page