Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well last night I was sleeping nice and deep. And then Nora woke up. I went and got her back to sleep pretty easily. That was 2am. So I went back to bed and was asleep again when at 3am she woke up again! This time it was harder to get her back to sleep and it was about 3:30 before she was asleep. So between 3:30am and 4:30 I got 2 Christmas ornaments done and the shower cleaned!

Then I was finally tired enough to fall asleep!

Do you find you get more done in the wee hours? Why is this do you think? Less distractions? More motivation?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

nampafarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

494 Posts

Kim
Nampa ID
USA
494 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  11:18:13 AM  Show Profile
Hi Alee,
I tend to look outside. If there is a full moon, I dont need to have a light on to see what's going on around my farmette. I look out all over the house, checking out the outside and the goings on. Sometimes there is a cat, sometimes a raccoon. Sometimes just scents from plants that are in bloom. Then I usually slice a piece of cheese for me and one for each of the two dogs. Sometimes, I even make myself a glass of chocolate milk. I am thinking that these two food items are my childhood comfort foods and makes me relaxed. Another thing I like to do is rock or swing. When I was still in a crib, my parents had hardwood floors. I coudl rock and my crib would be gliding all over the room. I have a few rockers, swings around so I go sit in one of them.

Kim
Farmgirl Sister # 302
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  12:54:28 PM  Show Profile
Alee, at least you got some work done. It was probably lots easier to get back to sleep then.

And I'm going to try what Kim does. It's so peaceful in the early morning hours.

Last night about 10:00 or so I heard the most beautiful bird song out the side door I had opened. I just sat there and listened and had a great time. If I had been busy, I wouldn't have heard it.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  12:57:02 PM  Show Profile
Alee, how come my name is different on some posts? I noticed that yesterday. I'm a farmgirl in traing now. Hhmmm...

I thought you might Know this little mystery.

Kris and Kristin!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  2:12:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kris!

Your "title" changes the more you post!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com

Edited by - Alee on Sep 24 2008 2:12:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  2:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I can't do that. If I try to do something I wind up and wake myself up further and then I don't get sleepy again until 6:00 or 7:00 am. As you can imagine, going back to bed at that hour doesn't always work out so now when I find myself up in the wee hours I sit and read a book or magazine and try to get back to bed in an hour. At least that way I'm partially functional the next day!

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  7:04:59 PM  Show Profile
In my case, it is less "Hey Mom-ing" and more time to think straight and be alone-BUT I also tend to want to solve world peace/hunger etc then, and end up tossing and turning over that. Although I rarely have insomnia (knock-on-wood) I have the opposite problem.
I even went to a sleep clinic. The doc told me it wasn't narcolepsy, I am burning the candle at both ends.

I sleep like a rock most of the time, and can fall asleep within a minute of laying down most nights.
(again, knock-on-wood)

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  8:02:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Kate! Slow down hunny! I bet you can't remember the last time you had an insomnia moment!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  9:07:23 PM  Show Profile
I have never been good at sleeping and get most things done when everyone else is asleep. I wish I could have the insomnia production but also be a "morning person"..which I am not. I still have to get up early to get the kids off to school fed and dressed..and for days I work even earlier (I substitute teach at the elementary school..second grade this week) I would love to sleep like a rock just once. Enjoy that Kate!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Insomnia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page