soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  5:26:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi I'm Ann and I've been posting but forgot to introduce myself.

I am a 40YO stay at home, homeschooling mom in Oswego, IL. I have two beautiful, intelligent children (dd age 11 and ds age 9). I cook, bake and can. I also love doing fiber arts and sewing and quilting. I like to papercraft homemade cards, too. My most recent project was a paper bag album to use as a recipe card gift for a friend. I'm a craftaholic, so if I see something creative to do, I usually try it!

I left the rat race 11 years ago to come home to have my daughter, and I haven't looked back. I'm finishing up my BS degree in Natural Health from Clayton College right now, as well as doing school for the kids and crocheting an afghan for a friend's wedding in November.

Not sure what else to say, but glad to finally be at a place that feels like home.

lilyblossom
True Blue Farmgirl

416 Posts

Donna
Evansville IN
USA
416 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  5:32:59 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ann, sending you a big farmgirl welcome from southwest Indiana.

Donna...true blue KY farmgirl, farmgirl #86
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  5:41:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Ann from your 'neighbor' in Missouri!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  6:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Ann from the Pacific NW.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Kris Sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

131 Posts

Kris
Chickamauga Ga.
USA
131 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  8:17:15 PM  Show Profile
Ann, welcome, and nice to meet you. Sounds like your a pretty busy mom. I need to get started on some crocheting since the weather is a little cooler at night. Can't even think about it when it's so hot.

My mom did the Clayton College classes. She was 70 when she started. She had to stop for awhile. She has one more course to finish. She's 76 now.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  8:19:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ann, and welcome to the group...it wil be fun to get to know you!!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  04:00:19 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ann! Glad you are here!

www.oldsweetsong.blogspot.com
Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  04:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Ann! You will love it here, and sounds like you enjoy the same things most of us here enjoy.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:11:50 PM  Show Profile
Welcome from the Atlantic Coast!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bushelnpeck
True Blue Farmgirl

262 Posts

Debbie
Sparks Nv
USA
262 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:41:05 PM  Show Profile  Send bushelnpeck an AOL message
Hello Ann,
Welcome home, greetings from the state of Nevada, glad you found us. this is a fun place so come often and let us get to know you...Debbie

Farmgirl Sister #324

duty makes us do things, but love, makes us do things beautifully...
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  11:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ann and welcome to the forum! You're going to love it here! This is such a fun and wonderful site!

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  09:32:48 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ann,

Welcome! You are going to love it here!!

Farmgirl #170

Today well lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness, and every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  10:01:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Welcome, Ann. A degree in Natural Health! What a fantastic subject! I'd love that. What type of classes did you take?

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  11:08:25 AM  Show Profile
I've taken bioloby, ecology, botany, nutrition, some basic homeopathy classes, three herbalism classes, and some mind/body stuff. There were also a couple of wellness classes, too. I took the BSNH program with a specialty in Herbal Studies, so it's a total of 21 classes. I have 4 to finish. My favorite classes so far have been the homeopathy classes and Bach Flower Remedies (grade was posted on 9/19 - A!). Clayton also has a bunch of classes that are more certificate oriented, and I might take their Iridology certification set next, although my dd (age 11) thinks I should go for my masters. I'm thinking I'm going to wait for that for a while. School has been really hard to do with homeschooling, and until this year, two different sets of scouts (cub and girl - this year I only have cubs). If I went for my masters, I want to be able to not take so much time away from my chilluns. Anyway, if you are interested, check out Clayton's website: ccnh.edu.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  11:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Thanks, Ann. I just got back to my office from taking a Holistic Health class. I'm using Bach Rescue Cream on my bruised leg(fell flat on both knees on concrete last week) and it's great stuff! Bruising has faded and the knot that felt like it was inside my knee has eased up, too. I use Rescue Remedy drops on my epileptic dog when I think he's close to seizure(in spite of the vet meds) and it has worked on him every time. Thanks for the link to the website. I'll check it out. I wish someone would offer an online degree. And congrats on your 'A'! :)

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

berryhill
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Linda
Troy TN
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  1:10:54 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ann, and welcome from Tennesssee.
Would love to read how you did the paper bag album...I've been wanting to try that, but need a little "leadership"! Looking forward to seeing your name around the farm.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Ms. Linda: I have a link for you on the paper bag album: www.scrapjazz.com/topics/Scrapbook_Basics/Album_Ideas/527.php
Hopefully the link will work, if not try just scrapjazz.com and search from there.

Ms. Janice (that's my other sister's name, btw): The tests for Clayton can pretty much all be done online. They are all open book tests that I can take whenever I have the spare time (ha ha ha ha). I know you used the Rescue Remedy on your knee - try homeopathic arnica montana. I have a 9yo son - we use a LOT. It works great on bruises!

Blessings to all!
Go to Top of Page

SusieQue
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Susie
Greenville Ga
Georgia
603 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  6:11:35 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ann and Welcome from a southern gal in Georgia!

"A mother is someone you never outgrow your need for"

http://drycreekfarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  7:45:41 PM  Show Profile
Ann, Welcome from Arizona!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome from Lake Stevens, WA! I hope you have been enjoying the forum so far! I love it!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  4:16:42 PM  Show Profile
I have. I know I said this somewhere else, but I have finally found a group of peers here. No one else around here does what I do. All my friends (and I do love them dearly) are all minivan soccer moms. Most of them have no pets, not even fish. We have 2 bunnies (Luke Skywalker and Faith - Faith is a boy, btw) and 2 7-yr-old goldfish (yes, 7 years), Spotty (who has gone grey in her old age and lost her pretty orange spots) and Sunshine, the most beautiful goldfish God ever created. When I tell them I'm canning, they all act exhausted just thinking about it. Now, I don't do a whole garden full of vegies (at least not yet), but I've figured out a cheater's way to do preserves and fruit butters. Put all ingredients in your crockpot and let it simmer overnight. In the morning, while the water in the canner is coming up to a boil (mine takes about 40 minutes), I run my jars and rings through the dishwasher and handwash the lids. The lids go right into a pot of boiling water when clean. I usually put on the tea kettle before loading up the dishwasher. Anyway, when the dishwasher is done, my big pot is boiling, my butter or preserves are done and can go right into jars, be sealed and processed in the morning when I have more energy. I can't share this with them because they just don't understand. We often joke about the "useless" knowledge I carry around in my head, but darn it in reality, a lot of it is NOT useless. Maybe just to them. They talk about how much work my garden must be. I use the Square Foot Gardening method because we don't have 40 acres to play with, not even an acre for that matter. I try to tell them to read the book and try it but they just roll their eyes or grumble about the amount of work. It's not that hard using this method, and besides, if it's fun, it's not work! I've offered to teach them knitting, crocheting and even sewing, but it's the same thing. I am so thankful to be here because I am finally not the "odd" one!
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  5:46:55 PM  Show Profile
Ann, You ought to check out the thread "Does anyone else get the look?" under A farm of my own forum! We were talking about this very thing and I must say you are in very good company! We know exactly where you are coming from!

Monica
farmgilrs rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  10:10:48 AM  Show Profile
I think I actually posted the same thing or something similar there. I don't only get the LOOK - I frequently get a groan to go with it. hey, that's kind of funny: "Yes, I'll take a look with a side of groan, please" LOL Sometimes I crack me up!
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  9:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Hi Ann, welcome from Michigan! I hope you enjoy this site as much as I have so far! I've also studied through Clayton and have my B.S. in Nutrition...looking forward to hearing from you!
Missy - Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  3:29:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello Ann, it's great to have you here at the forum!

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  08:18:50 AM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for the warm and wonderful welcome! Feels good to finally be home!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi I'm Ann Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page