prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  07:12:27 AM  Show Profile
i was wondering if there is any way to move or copy this topic into the "here's to your health" section... it fits with both sections, but i think there is alot of great information here that would be useful to readers who may not wander into the farm kitchen section, but do concentrate on the health section (if this makes any sense). just a thought. oh, and for anyone who is interested, i started up a topic over in the health section that touches a bit on what was covered here... about processed foods and such. it's entitled "cholesterol." i'd like to hear some of your opinions on my thoughts, if anyone's interested.

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:53:15 PM  Show Profile
Yes Alee, I do use Stevia. :)

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  09:51:43 AM  Show Profile
I saw the video for the first time last night. At first when he asked if it had HFCD I was all excited thinking someone was going out there to educate more and then the bomb. Very disappointing.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

soapmommy60543
True Blue Farmgirl

2197 Posts

Ann
Oswego IL
USA
2197 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  2:37:08 PM  Show Profile
From the mouths of babes (see, they do pay attention once in a while):

While watching TV one evening when this joke of a commercial came on, BOTH of my kids chimed in together (when they say the part about containing no artificial ingredients): But IT is an artificial ingredient!

We stay as far away from the stuff as possible and are weaning ourselves off of whatever else has it in. You are better off with just plain table sugar (better yet, sucanat). And it isn't in moderation - it's strictly limited in my house! I know I'm a mean mom - saving them from tooth decay and a future of Type II diabetes (which runs in my family) as well as hyperactivity and a whole bunch more...
Go to Top of Page

prairie_princess
True Blue Farmgirl

613 Posts

Elizabeth
Carpenter WY
USA
613 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  07:52:12 AM  Show Profile
i finally watched "King Corn" over the weekend! very enlightening... the part about the cows is a tad scary. and i never knew all that corn you see humans can't even eat raw! yuck! i just don't think all this genetic mutation could be very good for our bodies. i mean, if we can't eat it raw, how can we eat it after it's been processed and put into products? it's like two wrongs don't make a right! anyhoo, thanks for mentioning the documentary.... it was very interesting!

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
-Guillaume Apollinaire
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  10:16:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was at the farmer's market yesterday. One of the stands was selling naturally raised beef that is finished on corn. I asked if they stay away from the GM Corn. She said they try but it so hard to tell because most feeds don't actually say! Ugh. I know they are doing the best they can, but it is frustrating to know that people are trying and there is little to no way to be sure they can buy the product (non GM Corn) that they want. Luckily they do have just grass fed beef as well.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Sep 28 2008 10:17:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

deeredawn
True Blue Farmgirl

2306 Posts

Dawn
Cordova TN
USA
2306 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  10:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Ugh. I live on cottage cheese. I flipped the continer over and guess what/ HFCS is in it... I'm soooo bummed.

Dawn #279
MJ's Heirloom Mavens/Mother Hen
http://heirloommavens.blogspot.com
http://harvestthymefarm.blogspot.com

"I figure if a girl wants to be a legend, she should go ahead and be one!"...Calamity Jane
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  11:11:05 AM  Show Profile
They have cottage cheese with out it.

Are you getting the kind with fruit goo, Dawn?

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic HFCS-High Fructose Corn Syrup Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page