Page: of 217

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:19:15 AM  Show Profile
=) Dawn has the snow today, I am still waiting for our first snow this year.
Next Monday I will get off my duff and feed animals earlier. I hope that I can spend about 3 hours on so that I don't miss anyone.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
We'll be leaving a week from this coming Saturday. So I have just enough time to get the laundry done before I have to pack it up for the next trip! We weren't supposed to have two trips this close together. The trip to the in-laws was planned for last spring but we had more snow than we'd had in years and DH was afraid to use vacation days for traveling that he might need to use for snow days. We live on a gravel road and one of our neighbors plows it out when it snows but that doesn't happen usually until the snow quits. So if we get several inches - which happened a few times last year - he calls in and takes a vacation day. We were fortunate that his job let him use sick leave for the last trip. We weren't sure when we planned the vacation with his folks so we made it for Veteran's Day week. That way he only needs three vacation days (the other two are the holiday and his compressed schedule day off). This is probably more info than you needed but I'm still trying to figure out how we got ourselves in this pickle!

Sewing sounds wonderful! I'm going to spend today getting the last of my swap gifties packaged to mail tomorrow. There are some other things that I need to get in the mail as well. I took most of it on vacation with me thinking that I'd have a chance to run to the post office while hubby was recouping but that didn't happen. So now I'm wwwaaaaaaayyyyyy late on mail-outs. Oh well................

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:21:50 AM  Show Profile
I look forward to the Mavens monday meetings Annika. The first snow is absolutely magical. Last winter you took a few amazing pics of the moon, remeber these ? I think you've posted them on your blog. Everytime you mention snow I remembe the magical spirit out of the pics.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:23:25 AM  Show Profile
I *think* that it will be just Andrew and I giving thanks, but we may invite over a friend or two for the small feast. I am streamlining what we eat due to Andrew's diabetes and a need to eat lighter.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:23:51 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Corinne, how funny (as in what a coincidence) that you're leaving your Christmas tree up to decorate. I'm planning on watching my Christmas videos today since we'll have less than two weeks til Christmas when we get back from the trip. And I'm not talking movies! I have tons of decorating shows recorded from HGTV and others that I love watching to get me in the Christmas spirit. Usually I start watching them at the beginning of October, two or three a week, just to get the Christmas juices flowing. I feel like I'm running 20 miles an hour just to keep up - and I'm no runner!!!

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karen, we just try to make the most of what ever days off we have and I am sure you will have a good time, your husband not having to undergo an operation will make it more fun. Where are his parents living ?
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, what Christmassy things are you doing today?

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:27:54 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Corinne *blush* I am an amateur photographer and your praise means much to me.
I am thinking I will use that photograph for the Maven calender if the Mama hen like it.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:30:36 AM  Show Profile
The year we moved form Congo to Kuwait, we stayed 4 months in a hotel residence awaiting for our shipment. The first thing I did when we entered the house and it was all clear and unpacked was to put my Christmas music on, for days. Raymond thought I was crazy but it was so soothing for me. I miss the change of the seasons and fall and winter especially, so I need to feel like it is around at least in the house if not outside.
Waou so you are staying a long time away Karen, hope you will be able to post hehehe
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Annika, it's just Robbie and me for Thanksgiving also. Last year we tried going to Cracker Barrel. A few years ago when we went to visit his great-aunt we were driving on Thanksgiving Day and stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch. Actually it was about 3pm so it wasn't crowded. I forgot that however and we thought we'd get there between 10:30 and 11am. Why we traveled to the one an hour and a half away I don't know - there are several within half an hour of our house. But anyways, we did, and when we got there - about 10:45 - there was a HUGE line waiting outside. So we went next door to Ruby Tuesday's and had a great meal. To say it wasn't crowded would be an understatement so we got really good service! And they had strawberry lemonade that was fantastic. Not sure what we're doing this year. I think I might actually cook up a big meal just for us so we have lots of turkey leftovers. That's the one thing I miss about eating somewhere else - no turkey sandwiches, no turkey soup, no turkey anything after one turkey meal.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
His mom and dad live in South Carolina about half an hour from the coast. They live in a retirement community but it's an active one and very pretty. We have a good time when we visit as there's always something to do.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:33:33 AM  Show Profile
Annika and Karen, hopefully we can get together one year in the future and just have the most fantastic Thanksgiving together, saying graces that we've meet on Mjf and just being such a nice family. Wouldn't it be fun ?
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:34:30 AM  Show Profile
Karen, I am a shameless Christmas book collector and have several large boxes of Christmas books, so mostly I am just pouring through these and leaving lots of post-its for ideas, going through my pantry and making lists for more healthy food to cook with. Whole wheat pastry flour, not white death flour *ick* Trying to be more healthy and aware this year is a blessing to me. I will be doing less heavy fattening baking and concentrating on what we love the best.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:35:20 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a nice place Karen. And being close to the sea is just great. Annika isn't it you who mentioned you've been missing being by the ocean ?
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Oh, Corinne, that sounds absolutely wonderful! I'll add that to my prayer list. And I sure hope I'll be able to post too. Last night and this morning has been so good for me. I've really missed all of you. The roughest night was the last one on our trip when we were supposed to have hi-speed but couldn't get it to work. My father-in-law has a wireless system set up in his house and I can use my laptop while we're there so I WILL be able to post, at least some of the time. We're also going to visit a friend of Robbie's. It was in the plans anyway and now their marriage is falling apart and we're wanted there so please add that to your prayers too.

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:39:23 AM  Show Profile
What I've liked about AVM is that Barbara lists vegetables available for each season. Spinach and kale are wonderful in quiches or soups and they are easy to find. Yesterday I've discovered http://www.localharvest.org
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:39:28 AM  Show Profile
I do so miss the sea Corinne, and I would just adore getting together for either Canadian or American thanksgiving, it would be so wonderful!. There is so much to give thanks for.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile
Annika, we WILL make sure that it happens, and since we find is so easy to chat when we haven't yet meet in person, imagine the pure bliss when we finally see eachothers. Cannot wait and that will give me courage to live by the day where ever we are.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:45:57 AM  Show Profile
I will pray for them for Karen and hopefully all will be good.
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:46:47 AM  Show Profile
Great site Corinne! I will have to explore it. Karen I will pray for all of you and your friends. And I will MISS YOU!!! so keep in touch as you can. We are all very blessed to have found each other.
Hey! we should start a favourite Christmas recipe thread somewhere. I love cooking holiday treats! Or just add it to the existing recipe thread...My mind is racing with ideas of what I'd post.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:48:24 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Hi everybody!! I just caught up with you!! I really want to go to the BBB but just not sure about the money thing!! I hope at least maybe I can get that laptop soon so I can chat with you all on Mondays!!! Will check in later!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

Corinnelouise
True Blue Farmgirl

957 Posts

Corinne
France
957 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:49:12 AM  Show Profile
Annika, please post them, I like baking and making cookies so very much. Hopefully at our quilt meeting we will have a cookie exchange this year. What is your favorite recipe ? I bake only with whole flour and the taste is so good, a bit nutty but for a big nut that is okay hehehehe
Corinne

Sister # 101
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Okay, my eyes are watering (teary) at the thought of spending a Thanksgiving with my maven sisters. So wish you could be at the BB&B this summer, Corinne. Although it IS the first weekend in JULY and you're only going to be in Kuwait until the end of JUNE (if I remember right), who knows...............

Annika, hear ya on the boxes and boxes of books! Our QMD was a swap recipient of some of my paring down on Christmas books. It's how we "met." I've thought of tearing out only the pages that I want and passing them on but I don't want to give someone a torn-up book. Now that I have copying capabilities on my printer I think I'll do that on the books I can stand to part with. Trying to simplify, simplify, simplify..............

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
Hi, Marcy! So glad you popped in - smiling here

God bless -
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  08:51:50 AM  Show Profile
We will all meet at Dawn's house heehee
Where ever you go Corinne, you have a sisterhood of love and sistership to keep you until we can all meet in person
Karen , I can't wait to meet you at the BB&B, I do so hope that you can come. not sure what I will mear for a 1920's look , but I will sew something =)

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 217 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Danger of Extinction Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page